plot
application
who's who
face claims
plotting
development
wanted ads
0 days since a Chris Wade death threat
The year is 2150, the month is February. The winter is getting colder, and the Arkers are nowhere near prepared for the harsh winter, especially not now that their supply runs to Mount Weather have become completely nonexistent. Despite the lack of Arker presence in the mountain, the tensions have not died down, and with the return of one of Mount Weather's missing residents, revenge on the Sky People will be top priority. In Arkadia, following the damage Clarke and the others caused in Azgeda, Chancellor Griffin and the Guard must begin taking action to prepare for a war with the Ice Nation that is well on its way. Little do they know, the war has already begun with the arrival of a certain Azgedan spy, and what lies ahead is far worse than anything they have faced yet.
female
male
couple
thread
spotlight

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

holding too tightly, //Lexa
Clarke Griffin
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 10:42 PM
"I am become death, destroyer of worlds."
application
shipper
wanted
development
18 years old
Wanheda
leader

1055 posts

wash away what's past
They had returned to their room, but Clarke had only spent enough time inside to change. As beautiful as the ceremonial gown she wore was, it was uncomfortable and restricting. She pulled her hair out of the braids they had been done up in for the ceremony and wiped the makeup off of her eyes. Since they would be staying the night, Clarke chose a simple dressing robe that had been in their closet rather than the clothes she had arrived in, waiting for tomorrow to put them back on. After telling Octavia she would be back soon, Clarke informed the guard to take her to the Commander.

Nerves battled within her but she kept her chin high and expression stoic. They would be leaving pretty early in the morning, but Clarke wanted to at least thank Lexa for doing what she did. As much as she still didn't trust her, and as much apprehension Clarke had about this alliance, Lexa had still put not only her life on the line to make this deal, but her credibility and respect too. It would have been easier to deny Clarke's proposal and keep the favor of her people, but Lexa was a smart leader; she knew the importance of Skaikru joining the Coalition outweighed her people's opinions of her. For that at least, Clarke was grateful.

They stopped outside of what Clarke assumed was Lexa's chamber and the guard knocked on the heavy metal door. "Heda. Klok kom Skaikru," he announced and Clarke swallowed back any apprehensions she had about confronting the woman again. The first time had been with a diplomatic request, the second was with an audience where they were both expected to play their respective roles. Now, it would just be the two of them, if Lexa cared to see her of course. With formalities out of the way, Clarke couldn't help but wonder which version of Lexa she would be seeing.

Tag: Lexa - Notes: I suck at starters
PM
^
Lexa
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 02:30 AM
Victory stands on the back of sacrifice.
application
shipper
wanted
development
21 years old
Commander
Powerful

39 posts

L
exa was surprised when there was a knock at her chamber doors. She hadn't been expecting anyone. And frankly after the ceremony she was feeling a bit weary. She had expected backlash, but that didn't mean she had hoped for it. It could have been worse and she was at least thankful that the other Ambassadors had minded their place. But she knew that their silence did not mean that they agreed. There would be talk behind her back, of that she was sure. It only would really become an issue if that talk turned into action.

After the ceremony, she had retired to her chambers almost instantly. Removing the black paint from her face and changing from the ceremonial dress into something more simple. Gone was the leather armor, the red sash, the shoulder guard. Replaced instead by nothing short of normal, dark clothing. Her hair was back in its normal manner and the emblem still sat between her eyes, but that was all. She wore no weapons. Of her two personas, she was more Lexa than The Commander at the moment.

She heard the guard announce the name of her visitor. Clarke. She hesitated for a moment, debating if she should allow the girl in. She didn't know what else they had to discuss or why Clarke was coming to see her. The ceremony was over. The induction of Skaikru into the Coalition was done. For now, Lexa had kept her word and as far as she knew there was nothing left to negotiate. She wondered for a brief moment if this was a more personal visit. She had expected Clarke to be angry with her, or at least more openly angry than she had been so far. But she also knew that Clarke had been acting as an Ambassador for her people. She had needed this treaty to work and so she had put anything personal aside. Lexa knew that just because Clarke had pushed her anger to the back burner didn't mean that it wasn't still there. Maybe now Clarke was ready to let that anger go. Or maybe Lexa was wrong and Clarke just wanted to talk.

With a soft sigh she moved to the door and opened one half of the double doors. Her eyes met Clarke's and she took a step to the side "Clarke" she greeted "Come in." She nodded once to the guard, who turned back to face the hallway. Resuming his post. She didn't need a guard in the room with her. While Clarke may be angry with her, she wasn't going to try and hurt her. Of that much, Lexa was certain.

Clarke Griffin
PM
^
Clarke Griffin
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 11:59 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
18 years old
Wanheda
leader

1055 posts

wash away what's past
The silence lasted longer than it should have, or maybe it was just her own nervous anticipation that seemed to make the minute stretch out, but either way; it seemed almost forever before the door opened. For a moment, Clarke assumed she would be sent away, but just as that theory began to root itself within her, the door pulled open to reveal Lexa. She looked like a completely different person than earlier and seeing her without the warrior makeup and without all of the fancy armor reminded Clarke that she was still just a young girl; like her. Giving a nod, she stepped in through the doorway.

Once the door was closed behind her, Clarke took several slow steps into the room, following behind Lexa. Her hands idly knit in front of her; fingers lightly pressing into each other as she stood there. “Thanks,” she stated a bit hesitantly. “For seeing me.” There was more that Clarke was grateful for, but she wasn’t about to express it in a single word. “We’ll be leaving early and I just wanted to talk before you went to sleep…” It was the last chance they’d get to after all. Although now that Clarke was here, she felt like she had no idea what to say.

“Mostly just to thank you,” she stated, figuring it was best to start with the main reason she had come by. “For listening to me, and allowing Skaikru to join the Coalition. I know it doesn’t exactly make you the most popular person but… I think it will benefit all of us. The other ambassadors; they’ll see that eventually.” After all, Lexa had once told her that many were opposed to the Coalition, and now it seemed most, if not all, clans supported it. It brought peace where there was once only violence, and someday Skaikru would be accepted in the same way. She hoped. “I appreciate what you’ve done today.” Even if she was still mad at Lexa, and even if Clarke still held true to the things she had said earlier, she wanted Lexa to know that what she had done for her people did not go unappreciated.

Tag: Lexa - Notes: sorry it's short
PM
^
Lexa
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 12:55 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
21 years old
Commander
Powerful

39 posts

L
exa's eyes tracked Clarke silently as the woman entered her room. It was a room that not many people ever came in to. There were some parts, many parts actually, of Lexa's life that she liked to keep private. It wasn't like there was anything special in here, nothing particularly valuable, it was just that it was her space. A place for her to come and decompress. To shed the facade of the Commander and be Lexa is only for a few hours. She stayed standing, facing the blonde, and offered a small nod. She had figured that Clarke and Octavia would be leaving early the next morning. They needed to get home to relay the message to the rest of their people. If the Ambassadors were doing their job then the messages had already gone out to the respective clan leaders so that everyone would know by the following day.

"You have to get back to your people. Give them the news" she answered, before adding "I sent the messenger to Azgeda myself, I didn't trust anyone from the clan to actually follow through with the delivery. Queen Nia will know of this arrangement by tomorrow." She knew that Azgeda was quick to act and she wanted to try and curb any more retaliation against Skaikru before it reached a point that couldn't be come back from. Her army could be called at a moments notice to defend Arkadia if that became needed, but getting there would take a bit of time and war against Azgeda wasn't something that she particularly wanted right now. While she did have negative feelings towards the clan and their leader, she needed to try and keep this Coalition together as it had been for the last many years. She needed things to go as smoothly as they could to help stomp out the dissenters.

The gratitude was appreciated, even if it wasn't necessarily needed. "You're welcome, but you are also correct. This alliance will benefit more than just Skaikru. I didn't do it only because of that, or because you asked me to, regardless of what some of my people may think. I did it because it was what was right. I believe that and in time I can only hope that they will see it too. Change is hard, they rebel against it, but without change we can't evolve" she sighed softly as she folded her arms loosely in front of her. Some of her people may think, like the Ice Nation Ambassador, that she was allowing Clarke to manipulate her into things. But Lexa had made this decision because she had wanted to. Because it was the best option right now.

She hadn't gained the things she had or become the leader that she was by playing it safe. She had been hated before and she would be hated in the future as well. Her choices would ultimately anger one person or another and there wasn't anything she could do about that. She would not be lead by Clarke, or by her people, she would not be lead by anyone. She was the leader. Whether her people wanted to believe that right now or not, she would show them it was the truth. "I don't expect Queen Nia to take this kindly and there is a chance of retaliation from her. I am prepared for that and you need to be as well. You have my support and the support of my armies if it comes down to it. I hope it doesn't. Just don't let your guard down, not yet" she warned. It probably wasn't the best to be speaking of her own people in this manner, but there wasn't anything that she wouldn't put past Azgeda. Including breaking the Coalition.

Lexa paced a bit around the room before finally adding "The Ice Nation Ambassador may have been the only one to speak out today, but he was stupid for it. The silence of the other Ambassadors does not mean that they agree with this. They are simply smart enough to not speak out to me directly. To threaten me and try and undermine me. Keep your friends close Clarke, but keep your enemies even closer and be careful in whom you place your trust." The irony of the words that she spoke weren't lost on her. But it wasn't of herself that she poke of this time. She wouldn't betray Clarke and the Sky People again. But there were those that would. She knew that Skaikru had allies within the Grounders already, she hoped that they were careful with anyone else they allowed within their walls.

Clarke Griffin
PM
^
Clarke Griffin
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 01:06 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
18 years old
Wanheda
leader

1055 posts

wash away what's past
Clarke nodded softly in confirmation. If it weren’t for the numerous dangers of traveling through the night, she might have even left sooner. It wasn’t so much that she was eager to get back to Arkadia, but if war was coming, she wanted to be there to help face it. At least she could radio Bellamy and tell him everything went well, so far. It would help her sleep easier tonight knowing that he had that information. “Thank you,” she said when Lexa answered the question that Clarke had yet to ask. She wasn’t sure of the fate of the Azgeda ambassador, although Clarke assumed he wouldn’t be returning to his home, but she had been worried about how the news would reach Nia…

“I guess the question now is if she will listen or not….” There was a touch of worry to her tone despite the dry cynicism. Clarke knew they had done all that they could here; Lexa had done as she had asked and did all that she could to prevent Queen Nia from attacking Arkadia just shy of marching on the Ice Nation herself. Clarke wouldn’t ask that though, not if it came down to a dire need. She knew that Lexa didn’t have a definite answer for her; there was no way for sure to know what Nia was planning, but Lexa had dealt with her before and knew her better. There wasn’t time to feel ‘safe’ just yet.

While the other ambassadors might think that Lexa made this deal solely for Clarke’s benefit, she knew better. Lexa was smart; a good leader. Even if the deal she had made with the Mountain had destroyed so much for Clarke, if she put her feelings aside, she could see how it was a smart move for Lexa and her people. Just not Clarke’s. Lexa used her head instead of her heart to lead her people, and because of this, Clarke knew that no decisions she made was taken lightly. If the Commander had initiated Skaikru into the Coalition simply because she had asked her to, Clarke wouldn’t have had much faith in the deal upholding. Few gave favors without themselves benefiting in some way. To make a decision as significant as this one, it had to profit more than just Clarke to be worth the risk. After everything that happened at the Mountain, she knew that Lexa would always chose her people over her. But knowing Lexa had something to gain from this arrangement made Clarke feel more secure in it; after all, it meant she couldn’t just go back on the deal if it benefited her.

“They just need time to see that this will benefit them as well…” Clarke assured, agreeing with Lexa’s words. “I think both of our people need to learn that it’s time to change…” They’d been living at odds ever since the Hundred had fallen from the sky. There had been casualties on both sides… but without change, the deaths would never end. They had to put aside their differences and learn to work together, to move past their past… If Clarke could be here right now seeking help from someone who had hurt her so deeply… Then her people could learn to forgive and evolve. But change wouldn’t happen unless someone took the first steps.

Folding her arms in front of her, Clarke gave another nod of agreement; she didn’t expect Nia to be too happy about this development either… Would the queen even follow Lexa’s orders or use it as the last straw to attempt to dethrone her? “I hope it doesn’t either.” With a history like hers, everyone just assumed that Clarke’s first instinct was to go to war or violence... She didn’t want any of that; she wanted peace, and yet her hand was always forced to violence… She was sick of the death, sick of the pain, and the loss… If they could get passed this without any more bloodshed, she’d be happy. While she was grateful for the support of Lexa and her armies, going to war against the Ice Nation was the last thing Clarke wanted. “My people are already preparing our home for war,” she stated; even with this initiation, Clarke didn’t expect the worst to be over. She wasn’t foolish enough to let her guard down. “We hope it won’t come to that but… we’ll be ready if it does. Even more so with your army on our side.” In truth, they probably wouldn’t even survive an attack without the aid of the other clans.

Clarke clenched her teeth tight as Lexa spoke, confirming the fears that had been resting with the blonde ever since formulating this plan. Every bit of hope she had in this mission had been placed with Lexa; Clarke would have been more sure of its failure if she knew the Grounders worked as a democracy or were entitled to a vote on the matter. As Lexa had said before; the rest of her people were resistant against change. It wasn’t until that last sentence that Clarke felt the flick of switch within her, like a flame suddenly igniting from a match.

“I will,” she said, not bothering to hide the accusatory bite to her tone. Clarke had placed her trust in Lexa before, and in return she got betrayal, pain, and abandonment. Just because she had asked all of this of Lexa, did not mean she trusted her again. All she trusted was that the Commander would do what was best for her people, and if Skaikru was included in that, they would be safe. But it was a large leap to take after last time. “If you betray me again…” There was a hard threat in her voice, although Clarke wasn’t sure just what she would do if Lexa screwed her over once more, but all she knew was that she wouldn’t be as forgiving as this time.

Tag: Lexa - Notes: not short anymore XD
PM
^
Lexa
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 02:32 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
21 years old
Commander
Powerful

39 posts

T
he cynicism that Lexa could hear in Clarke's voice was definitely justified. Lexa herself was a bit uneasy about how Nia was going to take this new development. It was very possible that the Queen of the Ice Nation would not take everything in stride and the woman wasn't known for keeping her mouth shut or her opinion to herself. The Queen had already taken someone important from Lexa and in doing so had destroyed any chance at true peace between herself and the Commander. But the brunette wasn't naive, peace was the last thing that Nia wanted. The older woman craved power, she thrived from the chaos and suffering that she caused. She was by far the most defiant and difficult of the clan leaders. Many of the clan leaders followed Lexa without qualm, some followed her only because she was the one currently on the throne, and still others only gave the appearance of loyalty. Weeding out which clans were truly loyal and which were only pretending for their own sake was difficult at best. She honestly didn't know how many of the clans might be in complete opposition of the induction that she had just made.

With a tight face, Lexa nodded "I have learned that when it comes to Queen Nia, the best thing you can do is prepare for the absolute worst and never let your guard down" she sighed. "But you, and your people, will have my protection if the Ice Nation does defy me" she added. Something that Clarke knew, but something she felt like reiterating. Because she knew that the Queen did not often mess around if she thought she could win at something. Lexa just hoped that the knowledge that there would be retaliation from an army much bigger than the one that Nia possessed would be enough to force her to stand down. The last thing that the Commander wanted was to have to declare war on Azgeda, but if she had to then she would. Because Skaikru was now just as important as Azgeda. They were now her people. And that wasn't something she took lightly.

"Change is hard and it takes time. I just hope that our people can manage to see past some of their differences so that change actually has a chance at taking shape" she responded. From what she could tell, herself and the blonde before her were on the same page. They both envisioned a future that was different than what was currently happening, that was different from the past. Time would be the only tell on whether that future was going to be possible. Whether change would be accepted or furiously denied.

It was good to hear that Arkadia was already preparing for war. Better to be prepared for the worst case scenario and have it never happen as opposed to being unprepared. "There are some clans that follow me without question. Those clans I trust to back Skaikru without issue. It will take a little time to suss out which of the more questionable clans are actually going to be reliable in all of this. You do have the support of my army, but if it comes down to it I will only be sending the warriors of the clans I trust to aid your people" she explained. She was confident that those numbers alone would be more than sufficient though and wasn't worried. The last thing she wanted was for a war to break out and have half of her army turn to Azgeda's side at the last moment. Those kinds of surprises were the things that she liked to plan for. Better safe than sorry.

Lexa let her green gaze meet Clarke's blue one. Feeling the anger in Clarke as she spoke her next words. This was the anger that Lexa had been expecting. The anger that she knew was there, just boiling beneath the surface of the blonde. Without looking away from Clarke, her face and voice became serious yet understanding. "I won't" she promised "I swear to you that I will not betray you, or your people, again." It was the closest she would probably ever come to admitting that what she had done at the Mountain had been a betrayal and that even though she stood by the fact that it had been what was best for her people it had still eaten at her inside. Even if she would never admit it aloud, she knew that what she had done had been wrong. Maybe not wrong for her people, but wrong nonetheless.

Clarke Griffin
PM
^
Clarke Griffin
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 11:56 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
18 years old
Wanheda
leader

1055 posts

wash away what's past
Clarke gave a nod of acknowledgment and agreement to Lexa's advice. It would be wise to listen considering Lexa had been dealing with Nia far longer than she. Still... Ever since being sent to the Ground, Clarke had been preparing for the worst and never letting her guard down. Any time she did, something horrible would happen. She was tired; the blonde couldn't help but wonder if she would ever be granted relaxation again.... If she'd ever have a chance to free her mind of worry and not care what next threat was looming over their heads. She'd even tried to run from such a responsibility and even that had proven impossible. Even without the burden of worrying about her loved ones, the Wanheda rumor followed her like a curse, forcing Clarke to keep her guard high and fear death on a daily basis. If there was anything she had become exceptionally skilled at, it was preparing for the worst. Rest would have to take a back seat, as it always did.

At least they would have the army of the Twelve Clans behind them now, should the worst happen. There was no way Arkadia would win a war against the Ice Nation, not even with their weapons and walls. Now there was at least a light at the end of the tunnel. Clarke just hoped it wouldn't come to that.... Her people had seen enough war in the last few months, and she was fairly certain the other clans wouldn't be all too thrilled about dying for Skaikru. If she were certain that giving herself over to Nia would end this potential war, Clarke wouldn't hesitate, even if the others would no doubt try and stop her. But the possibility that Queen Nia would think herself unbeatable should she acquire Wanheda's 'power' and try and conquer Arkadia was what caused the blonde to hesitate. It would be pointless to give up her life if it saved no one. Maybe the fact that Nia hadn't gotten her head already was what kept the queen in her castle.

The blonde nodded along as Lexa agreed with her. As much as she didn't trust her still, and as much anger and resentment that Clarke held for the Commander, she was grateful that the Twelve Clans were led by someone as smart as Lexa. It hadn't always been that way, or so she had been told. The Grounders were set in their ways, yet Lexa dreamed of change, of improvement, of peace. Had it been any other leader, Skaikru would likely have been wiped out by now. “If they can’t, we have to make them,” she stated, talking half a step further before pausing. Lexa’s people might have a stronger reaction to the decree, but that didn’t mean Clarke’s wouldn’t protest in some way. If they couldn’t see how this would benefit all of them, it was up to them to make them see it.

Clarke didn’t fully believe that there were clans that would back Lexa’s support of Skaikru without issue… But she did believe they would follow their Commander without dispute, unlike Azgeda. “Thank you,” she found herself saying again, unsure of what else could be said. Clarke was grateful for the care Lexa was putting into this, even if it made things… confusing. She wanted to trust her again, but so much held her back from doing so. Still, it meant something that Lexa was not only allowing Skaikru into her Coalition, but taking the necessary precautions to protect her people.

Still, the gratitude couldn’t keep her anger at bay forever. Clarke had been suppressing it ever since she had stepped foot into Polis, and now that they were alone; all she wanted to do was let the tension explode from within her. She didn’t, however. As much as Clarke was craving that release, Lexa’s calm and collected demeanor helped the blonde rein it in. She would not be the one to break down; she wouldn’t show her weakness in all of this, show how much Lexa had hurt her, or that the personal sting of betrayal still ate at her. Swallowing back the anger that threatened to boil over, Clarke’s teeth clenched tightly as she nodded acknowledgment to the other woman’s vow. “Good,” she said irately. With a heavy inhale through her nose, the blonde broke eye contact, letting her breath out slowly in hopes of releasing the building tension. She hadn’t come here to fight.

Her eyes flickered over to the candles adorning the room while trying to recollect the actual reason she had come here. This meeting, this encounter; it wasn’t just for Clarke, she had come as a representation of her people, and she needed to speak for them as well. The brief conversation she had with Octavia on the journey over resurfaced in her mind. “What about the kill order?” she asked, recalling her friend’s fears about Lincoln. It had been a risk for him to leave Arkadia to head to Azgeda with the others, but who knew for how long they could challenge that luck. “Will it be lifted with the alliance?” Lexa knew who Clarke was concerned about; it didn’t affect many others outside of Lincoln. Most Grounders had known to stay away from Mount Weather after Lexa’s deal. Most… “Also, there was an attack on my people not long ago outside the gates of the Mountain,” she added on, the curiosity popping into the blonde’s head as she thought of Mount Weather. “Raven and Bellamy’s girlfriend were nearly killed, with a knife. They’re saying a Grounder had attacked them. Have you heard anything about this?” There was a hint of accusation in Clarke’s tone, although she didn’t actually believe Lexa had anything to do with it. But maybe she had heard rumors within her people. Either way, if it had been a Grounder, then they had violated the terms of Lexa’s deal as well. Clarke wanted so badly to believe it wasn’t the Mount Men behind the attack.

Tag: Lexa - Notes: not short anymore XD
PM
^
Lexa
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 01:52 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
21 years old
Commander
Powerful

39 posts

T
he blonde's determination to make this work was noted. Lexa wanted this to work too, maybe even as much as Clarke did. But she wasn't going to admit that aloud. For now she would just agree that this was something that was good and something that she was working for. "I will do everything I can to make sure that Skaikru is protected" she responded. Her hands clasping behind her back as she stood in front of Clarke. The truth of it all was that Lexa was tired of fighting, or war, of bloodshed. Especially because so much of it was so useless. There was nothing to be gained from wiping out Skaikru. Lexa wasn't someone that relished in useless killing. Enough blood had been spilled on these lands, blood that didn't need to be spilled.

It was because of all of this, that she had formed the Coalition to begin with. She had wanted to bring peace to the clans. She had wanted them to unite under one leader and work together instead of fighting against not only each other, but against the Mountain as well. Uniting the clans had made them stronger against their largest enemy. But that enemy was all but destroyed now and Clarke was the reason for that. Not even the power of the twelve clans had been able to do what Clarke had done. Lexa respected the woman before her for that, even if she didn't openly tell her that. It was a hard truth that Clarke had done what Lexa, and so many Commanders before her, had failed to do. Queen Nia could see that, it was why she was going after Clarke and Skaikru so intently. She wanted to be able to hang the great Mountain Slayer over Lexa's head to lend proof that the brunette wasn't the all powerful leader that she claimed to be.

It seemed that a fight would not be had today and Lexa was glad for that. She didn't want to argue with Clarke. It would do nothing for them. What she had done at the Mountain could not be changed and no matter how mad Clarke was at her or how angry she was, the past was the past. Yelling over it wouldn't do anything to make it different. Lexa was someone that tried to leave things well enough alone if they could not be remedied. She could apologize all she wanted, but that also wouldn't change what had happened. Instead she was choosing to live the present and future through her actions. She would prove her word to Clarke with more than just empty words this time. So she simply nodded at Clarke's good and let that part of the conversation drop.

At the mention of the kill order she pursed her lips for a moment. She had no personal agenda against Lincoln. She actually rather liked the male. The kill order had been enacted on him because he had openly defied her orders. While he was clearly close to Skaikru, he was Trikru and he should have followed his Commander. After a brief moment she nodded once more. "The kill order will be removed. Lincoln is free once more. Nothing good can be gained from killing our own people" she answered.

When Clarke brought up an attack on her people, Lexa narrowed her eyes. She had not heard anything about any attack on Skaikru people. Especially not one that had happened so close to the Mountain. Her people knew better than to venture that far, especially Trikru people. Which were arguably more her people than any of the other clans. She shook her head "There was no attack sanctioned by me, nor any that I have heard of being sanctioned. I suppose it is possible that it was a random dissenter but my people know what the punishment is, or at least was, for going that near to the Mountain. It doesn't seem plausible to me that one of my people would be willing to risk their life just to attack a couple Skaikru" she pondered with the same slightly concerned look on her face.

"I will look into the matter" she added finally. She wasn't sure what she would be able to figure out, but it was worth asking around about. If her own people were defying her then she wanted to know about it. "While I am not banning your people from venturing to the Mountain, I do strongly warn against it" she warned seriously. She wouldn't place a ban on it, but she did hope that Clarke's people would be cautious about poking around that god-forsaken place more than necessary.

Lexa's expression changed then to a more neutral one. "Oh, and before I forget, I will need one of your people to stay here in Polis. To act as a permanent Ambassador for your clan. It is customary and each clan has an Ambassador that stays here full time in case things like emergency meetings are called. It is your choice who stays" she explained. Most clans had many Ambassadors and some rotated through who was in Polis at any given time. As long as there was one Ambassador in Polis at all times, Lexa didn't really care who it was. "They will be provided for while they are here of course" she added.

Clarke Griffin
PM
^
Clarke Griffin
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 10:46 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
18 years old
Wanheda
leader

1055 posts

wash away what's past
The promise to protect Skaikru didn't hold as much weight with Clarke as it should have. This entire arrangement was based on the fact that she trusted that Lexa would protect her people if they became her people; she'd used that logic to convince Bellamy it could work, and she still believed it now. But that didn't mean that Clarke had any delusions that Lexa actually cared what happened to Skaikru. She allowed them to join for the sake of peace, but the assurance that they would be protected wasn't exactly comforting considering the last time she had trusted Lexa to protect them, she'd abandoned them. As her jaw reflexively clenched, Clarke swallowed back the sharp, bitter retort that threatened to surface.

The hesitation about Lincoln's kill order lasted only a moment, yet long enough for the bundle of nerves in her stomach to rise into her throat. Luckily, Lexa spoke the words she wished to hear; the kill order would be removed. Lincoln, and Octavia too, would be glad to hear that. A faint smile flickered briefly across the blonde's lips at the news. "I agree," she nodded. There had been too many losses on both sides... They couldn't afford to be taking any more unnecessary lives. And out of all of the people Clarke knew, Lincoln was one of the ones who deserved it the least.

The blonde watched Lexa carefully as she brought up the attack at the Mountain. Despite the girl so rarely showing emotion, Clarke could still see the surprise in her eyes at the news, answering her own question before any words left the Commander's lips. Still, Clarke wasn't sure how she felt about the news... If it wasn't a Grounder, that likely meant it was someone from inside the Mountain. It wouldn't surprise her in the slightest if they wanted some sort of revenge, but they couldn't keep returning if it wasn't safe for their people.... Lexa was right though; it was quite a risk for a Grounder to risk both the kill order and terms of the Commander's agreement with the Mountain just to attack Skaikru. "Unless the risk was worth the revenge," she countered, more thinking out loud than anything. "I know that your people aren't exactly happy about us going back to Mount Weather." Clarke wasn't exactly thrilled to find that out either. But considering everything the Mountain symbolized... she couldn't exactly disagree if the Grounders felt threatened or betrayed by their actions. "Maybe they wanted us to think it was a Mountain Man... so that we would stop going back, or start another war..." Clarke knew she was reaching; attempting to rationalize her theory so that the alternative wouldn't be true. Although none of that changed the fact that it was a possibility.

"Thank you." Lexa promising to look into it was enough for Clarke to push the matter from her mind for now. First the war with Azgeda, then they could figure out what to do about Mount Weather. "We've stopped supply runs for now... I'm not sure how long that will last.... But I'm not exactly thrilled to see my mother and others going back there either..." Clarke knew what she had done; she knew that everything that happened at that Mountain was her fault. Anything that happened to her mother, or any of her people, at that Mountain would be her fault. She wasn't delusional to think what few remaining people lived there weren't thirsty for revenge, nor would she blame them. Which made it all the more dangerous for her people to be going back there.... Still, Mount Weather was their greatest source of supplies. She had no doubt that not going back would hurt them.

The blonde's brow tightened slightly in both confusion and curiosity as Lexa spoke again, softening slowly as she got to her point. At first Clarke simply nodded in understanding of the request. For a moment she entertained the idea of herself being that person... It would be the escape she had been searching for when she left Camp Jaha, but this time Clarke wouldn't be deserting her people, she'd be helping them. By staying in Polis, she could ensure that Lexa honored her end of the deal and make sure that Skaikru had a strong voice in the Coalition.... "We can provide someone," she stated, deciding not to make a decision right now. "I'll talk to my people when I return."

Tag: Lexa - Notes --
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Voting & Affiliates
RP Lovers 1SW Candyland Couture a resource community Up in Smoke PanemForever HOS Lochland Grove The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay The Arrow UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ruinandrise OHaV Disposable Heroes ACTA Age of Heroes Forge Southern Winds Weyr