plot
application
who's who
face claims
plotting
development
wanted ads
0 days since a Chris Wade death threat
The year is 2150, the month is February. The winter is getting colder, and the Arkers are nowhere near prepared for the harsh winter, especially not now that their supply runs to Mount Weather have become completely nonexistent. Despite the lack of Arker presence in the mountain, the tensions have not died down, and with the return of one of Mount Weather's missing residents, revenge on the Sky People will be top priority. In Arkadia, following the damage Clarke and the others caused in Azgeda, Chancellor Griffin and the Guard must begin taking action to prepare for a war with the Ice Nation that is well on its way. Little do they know, the war has already begun with the arrival of a certain Azgedan spy, and what lies ahead is far worse than anything they have faced yet.
female
male
couple
thread
spotlight

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

always on the run, //Octavia
Lincoln
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 12:04 AM
is Offline

may we meet again
tag ▲ ### ▲ notes

Lincoln was not a man of metal walls and locked doors. Grateful though he was for his place in Arkadia-- they could have tossed him out into the forest to live the life of an exile, alone and starving and hunted-- he could not stand his silent vigil at the fence each day, return to the small room he shared with Octavia and sleep, never leaving the shadow of the Sky People's gleaming buildings. He grew up in the dappled light of the forest. Grew up on soft ground, treading silent through fallen leaves, a phantom in the trees. Though he recognized the risks, he could not cling to the relative safety of Arkadia's walls any longer.

With a bow and quiver looped across his back, and another set clasped in one hand, Lincoln slipped behind the backs of two patrolling guards and turned the opposite way. He kept a steady pace. The last thing he needed was to look suspicious, as though the weapon were not enough of a giveaway. With a kill order out on him just setting foot beyond Arkadia's borders threatened his life. He knew that the Chancellors meant well isolating him-- Abby most of all, who understood the Red in a way that even Lincoln did not. Unfortunately, he suspected they would stop him if they caught him now.

Lincoln stepped cautiously back into the open. He knew there was no escaping a crowd. Between him and the stables lay one of the busiest parts of Arkadia, and mistrustful eyes followed him wherever he went. He'd always known that the Sky People and his own were not so different. Now, Lincoln found proof. He ignored them, as he would have any other day. Their fear made it easier to cut through the crowd.

In a few long strides he crossed the open ground and ducked through the door into the stables. The sweet must of hay struck him full in the face, bittersweet with memories, and Lincoln paused. Flakes of hay drifted through the dim light. He could hear horses crunching in their stalls-- not many, of course, but those few that the Sky People had acquired. It was enough to coax a deep sigh out of Lincoln. He did not regret the choices he'd made. Only his losses. This place always seemed to remind him of what he left behind.

"Octavia?" Lincoln called quietly, and put his memories aside. There was no time to waste on lamentation, if they wanted to slip out of the city before the Chancellors-- or worse, her brother-- caught wind of it. He readjusted his grasp on Octavia's bow, and started down the long aisle.

PM
^
Octavia Blake
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 08:38 PM
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
warrior
stubborn

224 posts

tag: Lincoln notes: its short D:
I am selfish I am wrong I am right, I swear I'm right Swear I knew it all along and I am flawed But I am cleaning up so well I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself
Things were quiet. It was a nice break, Octavia supposed, from everything happening all at once. She wasn't quite sure where Lincoln had gotten off to, but she wasn't worried about it. It wasn't like he could really go that far, anyways. Whatever the case, Octavia wasn't worried. Lincoln would find her if something was wrong. The only thought that brought down her mood was Clarke: she wondered if the blonde was doing alright, wondered where she even was, if she was still alive. She tried not to let such thoughts bring her down, though. Instead, she focused on Helios.

Helios had come to mean a lot to Octavia. He had originally been Lincoln's but Octavia had loved the horse so much, she'd laid her claim, essentially adopting him. She gave him his name after staring at the horse for what had felt like hours, trying to find the perfect one. Helios. It was perfect.

Octavia moved her hand over his side, a makeshift brush running over his coat. As she moved her hand along his side, the other sat nestled in his mane. She was smiling when she heard the sound of a familiar voice. Raising onto her tip-toes, she peered over Helios, spotting Lincoln easily. "Lincoln!" The smile on her face widened significantly when she saw his face. Setting the brush down, she moved carefully around Helios until she was standing in front of Lincoln.

As her eyes moved over him, she spotted not one, but two bows. Her brow knit together in confused curiosity as she lifted her gaze to meet his. "What do you need two bows for?" Reaching out, she brought her hand to his empty one, slipping her fingers into his, lacing them gently. Before he could respond, Octavia was on her toes, stretching up until her lips brushed against his, a gentle reminder of how much she cared about him. "What do you even actually need one for?" The words came out hushed, just barely above a whisper, as she lowered herself back down, her gaze still locked with his. Her confusion, though, was apparent. Lincoln wasn't supposed to leave the walls of Arkadia, and it wasn't exactly like there was a lot of space for target practice inside the walls.

PMEmail
^
Lincoln
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 10:11 PM
is Offline

may we meet again
tag ▲ ### ▲ notes

Lincoln caught Octavia gently, clasping the bow around her back and answering her kiss with gentle fervor. It seemed a miracle, to have them both home and safe. Relatively. There were many days of late that Lincoln had been certain they would never share another quiet moment. To be proven wrong was the single greatest gift that Lincoln had ever received. Octavia pulled away, and Lincoln followed, pressing his brow gently to hers. The stables were a quiet place, frequented by few, but he did not want to risk being overheard.

"Hunting," he whispered, and pressed another kiss to the top of her head. She already smelled of the wilds-- winter wind and maple sap, as much as hay and horse. It was a scent which clung to Octavia always. "I assumed you would want to come."

It did not seem a great leap. As long as he'd known her-- and it had been such a short time, really, since the dropship landed and all this chaos began-- she'd been willing to get into just about anything. Octavia's courage caught Lincoln's eye first. If she'd been anything less, he might never have taken an interest on her. Never taken the side of the Hundred against his own tribe. Lincoln could not say whether his life would have been better or worse, but he would not have asked Octavia to change for anything.

"This is yours," he murmured, drawing his arm back to offer her the spare bow and quiver. "I'm sure Helios can spare you for an hour or two." They would be quieter on foot, more likely to slip past both the guards of Arkadia, and any Trikru scouts who might be ranging through their territory. Together, he was certain they would be safe. Besides, he and Octavia knew all the nooks in this forest. All the secret caves he'd built over so many years. If they wanted to disappear, they could.

PM
^
Octavia Blake
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 01:29 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
warrior
stubborn

224 posts

tag: Lincoln notes: omg hunting <3
I am selfish I am wrong I am right, I swear I'm right Swear I knew it all along and I am flawed But I am cleaning up so well I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself
Hunting, and her heart leapt at the sound of that word in Lincoln's voice. Her eyes lit up, flaring with excitement at the prospect of going hunting, especially with Lincoln at her side. "Of course I want to come." The pure joy on her face couldn't be contained, but then... just like that, it fell. How, exactly, were they supposed to go hunting with a kill order on Lincoln? Tilting her head slightly to the side, she peered up at Lincoln, an eyebrow arching upwards. She knew he couldn't live trapped within the walls of Arkadia, especially not when she was able to come and go essentially as freely as she pleased.

"You couldn't get me to stay behind if you tried," as the words slipped out, there was a hint of playful challenge in her voice, as if she was almost daring him to dare her to stay behind. Slipping her hand out of his, she took the bow and quiver he offered her, slinging them over her shoulder. The corner of her mouth curved upwards into a smirk of a smile.

Turning her back to Lincoln, she walked back over to Helios. With the bow and quiver slung across her back, her hands were free to stroke his mane gently. "I'll be back later, Helios." She pressed her forehead against the horse's neck for a moment, or perhaps three, before turning back towards Lincoln. Returning her hands to his, she squeezed gently, reassuringly. "What'd'you say we sneak out of here and get some hunting in, hmm?" She tugged gently on his hand, leading him out from the stables.

Octavia's head turned on a swivel, looking left and right, left and right, as she watched for any guards. None so far, but once they got to the gate, well, that would be a different story. With Lincoln's hand in hers, she walked boldly to the gate, chin up, confidence radiating off her in waves. There was no chance of hiding Lincoln behind her - he was far too tall for that. Instead, she turned her head back, speaking quietly, just for Lincoln's ears, "I'll distract them. Once they're not looking, go through the gate and wait for me at the tree line." Turning her attention back to the guardsmen at the gate, she released Lincoln's hand and put some space between them, hoping it would help draw attention away from him.

"Hey! Miller!" Her voice rang out loud, clear, and confident. All the guards in the vicinity turned their focus on Octavia. There were only three of them. It would be easy to keep their attention on her while Lincoln slipped through the gate. "Have any of you been Bellamy? I've been looking all over for him...," she went on and on about some made up story to hold their attention. Once she saw Lincoln slip out the gate from the corner of her eye, she finished her rambling, "well, thanks anyways. If you see him, let him know I'll be out hunting. I'll be back later. Probably after dark."

Octavia waved absently as she pushed quickly through the gate. Without looking back, she made her way to the tree line. She found Lincoln almost instantly, a wild smile on her features. Reaching a hand up, she pulled him down to meet her lips and she rose onto her toes. They had barely begun and already their adventure was exhilarating.

PMEmail
^
Lincoln
 Posted: May 12 2017, 11:47 PM
is Offline

may we meet again
tag ▲ ### ▲ notes

Lincoln waited long enough to be certain that Octavia had the guards' attention before he strode out into the open. He walked tall, steady, neither rushing nor taking his time. Like any other man with a destination in mind. Anyone glancing briefly his way would think nothing of it. This was not what Lincoln pictured, when he'd trained as a warrior. It was one thing to slip unseen and unheard through the undergrowth. Entirely another to pass just feet behind a man's back, yet his boots made no sound in the brown grass that Octavia's chatter could not cover. He breathed slowly, eyes trained cautiously on the back of the nearest guard's head. In just a few steps he was through the gate, past the fence, out into the rolling hills lying between Arkadia and the border wood.

Just a few steps into the shelter of the trees, Lincoln stopped to wait. He watched Octavia cross the open ground. Marveled quietly. Not so long ago she looked at everything when she walked, eyes here, then there, flicking from leaf to insect to the brilliance of the sun and blinded by the details of the unfamiliar Ground. There was something heartbreaking about the loss of such wonder, and something breath-taking about the confidence in her step now.

Lincoln's heart was already racing when Octavia crested the low hill behind which he took shelter. He reached for her on impulse. Looped one arm tight around her waist and drew her into his chest. He hoisted her up off the ground like it was nothing-- though she weighed more than she had, more than he remembered, and it kept striking him. In all the time he'd missed she'd filled in with lean muscle, her back hard against his grip. Her mouth hard on his. Around his grin it was almost difficult to kiss her.

Lincoln spun Octavia halfway around and held her suspended for a moment, before finally setting her down. It took him a little longer to break the kiss.

"We're going to be in so much trouble," he laughed against her lips, folding one hand gently through her hair. They would be, and he could not find it in him to care. Excitement threaded beneath his skin like the heat of the drink.

PM
^
Octavia Blake
 Posted: May 13 2017, 12:36 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
warrior
stubborn

224 posts

As her feet lifted of the ground, she felt herself smiling into the kiss. As she smiled, she kissed him with more and more passion, her thumbs grazing over his cheeks as he held her up. Had he held her up any longer, she would have wrapped her legs around his waist - no hunting would have gotten done in that case, she was sure of it.

When he finally broke the kiss, Octavia found herself looking up at him longingly. Adoration sparkled in her eyes as she held his face between her hands. Brushing one thumb over his cheek, she let the other hand drop away from his face, her fingers finding his quickly, easily. Lacing her fingers with his, she gave his hand a gentle squeeze, the smile on her face growing ever broader.

"We'll only be in trouble if they catch us." As she spoke, her eyebrows shot upwards just a bit, giving her a mischievous look. "And they're not going to catch us," she leaned into him as she whispered the words gently, playfully. She rose onto her toes yet again and pressed her lips to his. The kiss was soft, chaste, and only lasted for a few seconds before she dropped back down to her normal height. Letting her hand fall away from his cheek, she turned and looked out into the trees, away from Lincoln.

Giving his hand another squeeze, she pulled him further into the trees, making sure they would be hidden from sight of any Arkadian guards patrolling outside the gates. Slowing, she turned to face Lincoln, walking backwards with some semblance of skill. "Where do you want to go?" Obviously, they had to avoid Trikru territory as best as possible, but Octavia was certain they could find someplace to go, someplace to hunt or lay in the grass, someplace to just breath in the air and stare up into the sky.

PMEmail
^
Lincoln
 Posted: May 13 2017, 01:10 AM
is Offline

may we meet again

Lincoln did not have Octavia's confidence. He doubted that getting back into Arkadia would be as easy as getting out of it, particularly if they returned after dark, as he intended. There were secrets in the forest that only came out at night. Secrets which he and Octavia had shared before, in the quieter nights of their lives. Though Lincoln did not realize it until this moment, he intended to share them with her again. Which was why he did not particularly fear the consequences of his actions.

With a quiet chuckle, Lincoln fell into step behind her. They barely stirred the leaves with their passing. Pride swelled behind his heart. She was quick, and clever, and strong, and he'd always known that. Always. That made it no less marvelous to see it manifest. She was no perfect warrior, but in just a few short months Octavia developed skills that took most young Grounders a whole childhood to master.

"The Falls," Lincoln tightened his grip upon her hand and lifted his eyes to the trees. He caught a sparrow flitting between the branches, the occasional squirrel watching from overhead, but no wary eyes. Not a cloud in sight, either. Streams of sunlight shot between the leaves, and Lincoln breathed deep of the scent of heated moss. Already, he felt more at home in his own skin. "It'll be cold..." He left the but unspoken. But he missed the wild waters, and the play of silver-sided fish under the sun. But he missed the babbling and the scent of damp air. But he missed the feel of her skin bare against his, hip to hip, combing his fingers through her wet hair.

PM
^
Octavia Blake
 Posted: May 13 2017, 01:31 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
warrior
stubborn

224 posts

The falls. His words reached her ears, and she couldn't stop the grin from spreading over her face like wildfire. The mischievous glint in her eye grew stronger. She tugged on his hand as she slowed to a stop, pulling his body towards hers. She took a half step forward, letting their bodies collide. Looking up at him, she let her eyes search his, her love for him gleaming brightly behind the playful mischievousness. Once more,she lifted herself to her toes and pressed her lips to his. The kiss this time was made of fire, far from the chaste kiss she'd placed on his lips only moments ago. She ran her tongue over his lips, teasing him, just before she pulled away.

With a wink, she slipped her hand out of Lincoln's and turned around, facing away from him. "I'll race you." Without a second of hesitation, she took off running, her feet light as she moved through the trees, making next to no noise. With the wind whipping through her hair, she ran. She moved left and right, dodging trees. Only once did her foot land on a branch, sending a cracking sound through the air. As it did, she halted, crouched and checked around her for anyone coming after the sound. It seemed no one was coming, and she took up the race once more.

It wasn't long before she reached the falls. Lincoln had brought her here a few times before, but it had been slightly warmer then. She didn't care. It would be nice to feel the cool water against her skin. Lincoln had beat her there, it seemed. Smiling, she stepped over to him, her breathing heavy from the exertion of running. "Looks like you win this time." And for that, she peeled off her jacket, letting it drop to the forest floor.

The cold air felt so good against the bare skin of her arms. Still, it sent a shiver down her spine. Stepping closer to Lincoln, she closed the gap between them. Placing her hands on his chest, she looked up at him adoringly, smiling as widely as she ever had. "But I'm going to win the next one. You can count on it." Spreading her hands over his chest, she moved them down to his waist, pulling his body close to hers, demanding the warmth of his skin next to hers.

PMEmail
^
Lincoln
 Posted: May 13 2017, 02:15 AM
is Offline

may we meet again

Lincoln was still wrapped up in Octavia's warmth when she pulled away. On moment she was there, the next she was three strides away, darting between a pair of leaning oaks, and Lincoln nearly lost his chance. A shouted protest turned into a sharp laugh. Still grinning, he charged off after Octavia.

In spite of his size, Lincoln moved like a deer between the trees, springing from root to dip and dodging stands of tangled laurel from memory. He'd spent so long running these woods, just beyond the border, that he knew every rise. Every fall. Knew the secret paths from place to place, where just one less swerve could mean the difference between life and death. In this case, those salvaged seconds gave him the advantage he needed to make up for Octavia's head start.

Lincoln soared up over the body of a fallen tree. He landed on a steep hill on the other side, and half slid down the slope towards a heap of cracked gray stone. It was the first in a short series of landmarks-- the maple with three gnarled trunks, split by the strike of lightning, and the u-bend in the stream, and the old fox den-- which brought him sailing around a corner into the constant rumble of falling water. Chest heaving, he rolled to a halt. Paused just long enough to catch his breath at the entrance to their little cove, then slipped inside.

Sheltered on all sides by walls of granite, shaded by berry-brush, Lincoln rarely saw another living soul at The Falls. Water tumbled white over ribbons of moss and gathered in a pool just barely deep enough to swim. Under open sky and bedded in stone, the pool was almost warm in the summer. With winter creeping upon them, Lincoln did not imagine the first dip would be enjoyable. Just the spray coming off of the walls chilled him beneath his jacket.

The soft sound of footfalls called Lincoln's attention. He turned to greet Octavia, already wearing a smile which belonged solely to her. It was an expression almost beyond his control, but still soft around the eyes.

"I look forward to it," there was just a hint of teasing there. Lincoln, after all, had every advantage in these woods, and he always ran just a little harder than he needed to. It was the one competition Lincoln truly wanted to win.

Lincoln followed Octavia's guiding hands, stepped nearer to her and let his own hand catch on the spur of her hip. Very gently, he slipped two fingers beneath her shirt to tease it upwards. It was a suggestion, not a demand, accompanied by a playful tilt of the head.

"You first," he whispered.

PM
^
Octavia Blake
 Posted: May 13 2017, 06:20 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
warrior
stubborn

224 posts

tag: Lincoln notes: so much for hunting
Octavia smirked at his comment. They both knew it would be next to impossible for her to win in a race against him, especially in these woods. This was his home, his land. Octavia had merely adopted the trees, Lincoln had been born into them. One day, though, she was determined to be the winner. One day. It would take patience and practice, but she wouldn't stop trying until she finally made it, even if it was just once and then never again. She would beat him in a race one day.

The feel of his fingers beneath her shirt reminded her of how badly she wanted, needed, him. It had been far too long since the last time she'd felt his bare skin against hers. She leaned up, standing on her toes, and pulled at Lincoln's lower lip gently with her teeth, teasing him for just a few moments before she stepped back and pulled her shirt up and over her head. Her eyes locked on his, she dropped the clothing to the ground.

With most of her torso exposed to the cool air, she smiled playfully at Lincoln. It only took another few seconds before her boots, the bow and arrows, her pants, and all her underwear was lying in a pile on the ground. The playful smile widening into a mischievous grin, she rushed into the water, ducking before the surface without fear or hesitation.

After a moment or two, she burst out from the water, taking in a deep lungful of air. "C'mon in." The water was near to freezing, but with Lincoln, she was pretty sure she wouldn't feel the way the cold seeped through her skin and set into her bones. For now, though, she shivered once as she stood in the water, her eyes on Lincoln, flashing with the fire of love and desire.

PMEmail
^
Lincoln
 Posted: May 28 2017, 11:40 PM
is Offline

may we meet again
tag ▲ ### ▲ notes

Lincoln remained where Octavia left him, a haphazard grin tightening around his eyes. She vanished beneath the surface, when when she popped back up, shivering and clothed only in streams of dark hair, she took his breath away. Water sculpted the planes of her stomach, glistened down the slope of her neck. She glowed in the gold of the sunlight. Lincoln felt his pulse quicken.

Carefully, he leaned his bow against a heap of stones. He was not so gentle with his clothes. In a few swift strides he, too, was stripped to his skin, shirt and pants flung to the grass with hers. LIncoln ran the last several feet. He raised his hands at the last instant and dove, head first, into the pool.

Water roared up around his ears. Only a vague silhouette betrayed Octavia's position. He cut straight to her, bursting to the surface well within arm's reach and closing the distance in the span of a breath. With water sheeting across his face, Lincoln reached out to push a length of Octavia's hair out of her face. It clung to his skin. He did not bother trying to pull away, turned the gesture into a gentle caress of Octavia's cheek.

"How much trouble do you think we'll be in?" Lincoln whispered, though there was no one for miles to hear him. "When they figure it out?" There was something familiar, and decidedly exciting, about all of this. He hesitated to call the early weeks of their relationship a simpler time, but everything was relative. At least back then they'd mostly known where they stood. Sneaking about with her again put a rush in his veins-- which was why he did not wait long for a response. Treading water, his legs threatening to tangle with Octavia's, Lincoln drew her close. He pressed a kiss to the corner of her jaw. Then another, soft and lingering, against the side of her water-slicked neck.

PM
^
Octavia Blake
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 07:53 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
warrior
stubborn

224 posts

tag: Lincoln notes: so much for hunting
Lincoln's hand brushed against her cheek, and she smiled gently as she turned her face into the gesture. Despite the cold of the water, his skin still felt warm against hers. But maybe that was just her craving, her desperate need to be close to him. Turning her head, she pressed a kiss into the palm of his hand, her eyes closing. After a moment or two, she opened her eyes and turned her head back, her cheek pushing into his hand.

The sound of his voice was so soft against the world. Octavia moved forward just a hair, cautiously, as if she might frighten his words away. Her smile grew, transforming easily into a grin, lighting up her whole face in the process. A laugh, quiet and meant just for Lincoln, sounded in the back of her throat. Before she could answer him, though, his hands were on her body, pulling her to him, and she let him. The warmth of his skin against hers juxtaposed with the icy cold of the water surrounding them was enough to draw a nearly silent gasp of pleasure from her lips.

"Not enough," her lips whispered against his ear, "to keep us from doing it again." As the last word dropped from her mouth, her teeth grazed tenderly against the skin of his ear. With his lips against the side of her neck, she let her head bow, her mouth finding his jaw, pressing a wanton kiss just beneath his ear.

Octavia's hands moved up along Lincoln's arms, up to his shoulders. One found a place to settle against the back of his neck. The other slipped down over his chest, moving between their bodies nimbly, the water erasing the friction. Her fingers found his hip beneath the water and chose to settle there as her mouth move hungrily over the line of his jaw. The hand on the back of his neck moved, sliding to his chin in a gentle caress, and pulled his lips away from her skin to meet her own.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Voting & Affiliates
RP Lovers The 100 Role Play 1SW Candyland Couture a resource community Up in Smoke PanemForever HOS Lochland Grove The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay So Devoid of Color The Arrow Justice League United UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ruinandrise OHaV Disposable Heroes ACTA Age of Heroes Forge Southern Winds Weyr