plot
application
who's who
face claims
plotting
development
wanted ads
0 days since a Chris Wade death threat
The year is 2150, the month is February. The winter is getting colder, and the Arkers are nowhere near prepared for the harsh winter, especially not now that their supply runs to Mount Weather have become completely nonexistent. Despite the lack of Arker presence in the mountain, the tensions have not died down, and with the return of one of Mount Weather's missing residents, revenge on the Sky People will be top priority. In Arkadia, following the damage Clarke and the others caused in Azgeda, Chancellor Griffin and the Guard must begin taking action to prepare for a war with the Ice Nation that is well on its way. Little do they know, the war has already begun with the arrival of a certain Azgedan spy, and what lies ahead is far worse than anything they have faced yet.
female
male
couple
thread
spotlight

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

Rage in the Cage, Open - Time for a Skybox riot
Monroe2
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 03:35 PM
Half blind and for the first time I'm seeing clearly
application
shipper
wanted
development
18 years old
Prisoner of War
Unbreakable

12 posts

Like most all of the prisoners of the Skybox, Monroe hated it there. She hated the guards, who in turn hated her back and would even if she didn't, all due to the crime she'd been convicted for. She hated the cells and the suffocating feeling she got in such confined space. She hated the food, as they were only allowed the barest minimum that would keep them moderately healthy. Most of all she hated the tarnish on her name.

Unlike most all of the prisoners, save for a handful, Monroe didn't deserve to be here. Didn't deserve the past four months of solitary confinement and the fact that her re-trial at eighteen would be a hasty farce at best and she would float for sure, all for having the audacity to want to survive and in a desperate action of self-defense had killed a fellow cadet who with his buddies had been aiming to kill her.

Of course the justice council hadn't been interested in her side, the past of 'minor' acting out dooming her to be deemed a dangerous killer and perhaps mildly crazy. They just swept it all under the rug and the true crime-doers were allowed to remain free.

Now, Monroe had chosen to embrace what everyone thought of her, to be the cold hearted temptress who had robbed such a promising young man of his future with the guard, since it wasn't like the guards here would ever let her forget.

And speaking of..

"Stay the hell away from me, I ain't causing problems." Monroe snarled out at the pair of young men blocking her path in the short hall leading into the cafeteria, both of whom wore the uniforms of guards.

"They should just float you now, you little whore." One of them sneered back, and briefly her eyes flickered with her inner-pain, but Monroe buries it as she presses forward to shove past the pair.

Then she was letting out a grunt of pain as one of them kicks her in the rear as she passes, causing her to topple forward and the momentum makes her slide down the floor until she was just inside the main room of the cafeteria, dozens of her fellow prisoners witnessing as Monroe struggled to her feet and threw a glare at the pair, who were both laughing now.

"FUCK YOU!" She yells at them with rage, wanting very much to fight back but knowing well enough it would do her no good. Not by herself.
PM
^
Jasper Jordan
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 04:06 PM
We are apogee.
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
Guardsman
Reckless

410 posts

you found me

• Jasper hated everything about being in the Sky Box, but there was nothing he hated more than being separated from Monty. Before lockup, he couldn't remember the last time the two of them had spent a day apart, and now, he wondered if he would ever see Monty again. Maybe they would be reunited for their trial when they were both eighteen, maybe they would get to say goodbye before they were floated, but was that all there was to look forward to? They had conspired to make drugs, not murder someone. Why did they have to be separated?

Some days, things weren't so bad in lockup. He had made a few friends - just barely, but he had, and they kept his mind off of Monty and his parents and everything he had taken for granted before. Most days sucked. The guards were harsh when they didn't have to be, and the food was disgusting, not to mention the fact that the prisoners were getting even less rations than they had before, which was virtually the same thing as starvation in his book.

Even so, the meals they did get were appreciated, and he did his best not to complain like some of the others, who picked fights with the guards on a daily basis. He was sitting at a table with Harper the day it all went down. As usual, a guard was standing over them, monitoring their discussions and contact, in case they were planning to break out or something (Jasper wasn't leaving without Monty). They were talking about the meals outside of Sky Box that they missed most when Harper's gaze drifted from Jasper to something behind him, and he turned to see what was going on.

A girl was sliding across the floor, away from two guards and into the middle of the room when Jasper looked back. The guards were chuckling to each other, and the room had gotten significantly quieter than it had been before, as most of the prisoners' eyes were drawn to the feisty girl. Dozens of other guards had witnessed the incident, but none of them spoke up; none of the prisoners did either.

The girl shouted a profanity at the guards, and Jasper silently wished she wouldn't have. There was no need to further provoke them when she could just walk away. Sure, the abuse wasn't fair or right, but he knew that if it were him in her situation, he'd much rather die being floated than at the hands of a guard in lockup.

Most of the prisoners went back to their conversations, albeit quieter than they had been before, and Jasper moved from his seat, aware of another guard's careful watch lest the girl's act of bravery inspire him to do anything stupid as well.

"Hey," he said softly when he reached her, glancing around to make sure the other prisoners were too busy talking to notice him helping the angry girl in the middle of the room. "Are you all right?"

• tagged for zoe monroe with 502 words.

Notes

In the end, Everyone ends up alone. Losing her, The only one who's ever known Who I am, Who I'm not, who I wanna be. No way to know How long she will be next to me. Lost and insecure, You found me, you found me. Lyin' on the floor, Surrounded, surrounded. Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you? Just a little late. You found me, you found me.

PM
^
John Murphy
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 06:42 PM
all the other kids with the pumped up kicks better run, better run
application
shipper
wanted
development
17/18 years old
thief, fraudster, you name it
sarcastic

279 posts

monroe/jasper ✗ skybox riot
✗ GET REKT
John Murphy didn't regret a single thing he'd done that landed him in the skybox. He'd spent his childhood after his father's death stealing and fighting and doing a lot that could get him into trouble, but it had taken a lot to finally get him locked up here. Setting fire to the officer's quarters, the officer who'd arrested his father, had been a long-planned revenge and the night that John finally followed through with his plan was the best night of his life, even if he spent the duration of it in the Skybox and every day since. It was sort of a relief. He didn't have to worry about picking up rations, or trying in school, or how every inch of his family's apartment felt haunted with the presence of his late-parents. No, the Skybox was a breath of fresh air.

He had food. Shitty food, but it was food, and he didn't have to steal it. He was probably one of the few prisoners who still - despite being here for what felt like ages - ate his food silently and thankfully without complaint. There were classes they attended, but Murphy didn't have to pay attention, or do the classwork, or do anything at all because it didn't matter. He didn't have to see the couch where his father used to sit, or the spot on the floor where his mother had died. The memories were easier to avoid in the Skybox. Sure, there were negatives to being in prison. Like, being locked up, and having the guards watching your every move, and it being boring as hell, and the shitty cots that served as beds. But, it could be worse. And, Mbege was here, so Murphy wasn't completely alone.

John was sitting with Mbege when he heard a voice yell, "Fuck you!" He tilted his head as the words caught his attention, raising an eyebrow before he turned his body away from his lunch and towards the sound. He saw Zoe Monroe pushing herself from the floor and screaming at two guards. Murph jumped from his seat, hesitantly looking around the cafeteria at the others. Everyone was frozen in place, but he could feel the tension boiling and thought that maybe... Something interesting was going to happen in the Skybox for the first time since he'd arrived. Jasper, a boy that Murphy hadn't talked to since that night in the plant nursery, walked towards Monroe but Murphy's gaze wasn't on either of them. His blue eyes were on the guards now, the two in front of Monroe but then he looked to the one nearby, only a few feet away from himself and Mbege's table.

Murphy didn't really care much for Monroe. He'd never had a real conversation with her, but he knew who she was. They were about the same age, so he'd known her even before either of them winded up in lock-up. She was okay, but neither of them had had anything in common until being sentenced to re-trail at 18 years of age. He didn't care about whatever had just happened between her and the two guards, whether she'd gotten tripped or pushed or whatever, but he did care about the atmosphere it'd created. If there was one thing John Murphy could pick up on, it was chaotic tension ready to spill over. The realization made his lips curl up into a lopsided smirk. His blue eyes flitted to Mbege before back to the guard a few feet away.

"Yeah, fuck you, too!" He called out, stepping up onto his chair. It wobbled under his weight, not because he weighed much, but because it was shitty craftsmanship. The guard stepped towards him, trying to pull him down as he warned him. "Inmate Murphy, step down, or you will be sedated and put into solitary." John didn't even bother to roll his eyes. Instead, he laughed, and his smile stayed put as he saw Mbege step up onto his chair, giving a "fuck you"-middle-finger to some other guard. "See if I give a shit," Murphy yelled, finally letting the guard pull him from his chair but using the momentum to swing his fist towards the guard's face. He felt his fist connect and threw his fists up in the air, "Yeah! Fuck you!"

His glee was childlike. His smile was lopsided, and his eyes twinkled with something mischievous. The guard he'd punched steadied himself and reached out for Murphy, but he took off running, not really paying attention to where he was going. He peered over his shoulder, grinning at the guard chasing after him, but saw some other prisoner tackle the guard to the ground. Right then, he ran into somebody's back. As he turned his head, he saw that it was Jasper. "Shit, man," was all he said instead of a real apology before he turned his attention to Monroe by his side. "I don't really care what happened, but thanks. This is the coolest thing that's happened since I got here." It was a stupid and selfish thing to say, but it was the truth.

PMEmail
^
Monroe2
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 07:48 PM
Half blind and for the first time I'm seeing clearly
application
shipper
wanted
development
18 years old
Prisoner of War
Unbreakable

12 posts

Monroe held her angry glare upon the pair of guards, unsure which of them had been the one to kick her and unwilling to back down when she was doomed for the mere act of protecting herself. She had nothing to lose and was well aware of it, and unfortunately so too were the guards and there was a group of them who loved to make sport of giving her hell for her 'crime'. Sooner or later she was going to end up dead no matter what she did, but Monroe was damned if she was going to take it lying down.

She certainly was not intending to spark the events that followed however, or how quickly the rest of the room descended into chaos as Monroe reluctantly tore her spiteful gaze from the guards to look at Jasper as he came up behind her and spoke. For half a second she gave him a hard stare but refrains from cursing at him as well, majorly distrustful of his gender still as most of the time since her conviction had been spent in solitary and there hadn't been much opportunity for Monroe to get over the injustice dealt to her.

"I'm fine." She grunts out, partially truthful as it was nothing serious but her ass was likely going to bare a bruise from the guard's boot and Monroe would be lucky if her knee didn't swell from hitting the floor the way it did. Before she could say anything else, Monroe's attention was pulled to two other prisoners, Murphy and Mbege, as they too decide to voice their dissent before taking it a bit further as their contribution to the suddenly rising levels of tension cause it to boil over into full-blown chaos.

She didn't see who made the first move against the guards but within moments the cafeteria was in an uproar, and Monroe gulps at what she had inadvertantly caused, as pointed out by Murphy as he joins herself and Jasper in the middle of it all.

"I just wanted to eat! Fuck, I can't go anywhere for real." She gripes out, biting down on the urge to laugh. Once she would have been on the other side of things, as Monroe had begun training for prior to the mess that left her stuck here, but now, feeling betrayed and thrown aside like garbage, the young woman could care less to the wellbeing of their captors, or most anyone else on the Ark at this point.

Save for the other prisoners, who were ironically now about the only people she could count on as they all were inbetween the same rock and and hard place.

Seeing one of her tormenters moving to strike a downed female prisoner with blonde hair, she pushes past Jasper to grab a plate off the table behind him, and with a blur of movement, Monroe flings it at the guard's head like a frisbee.

"Get the hell away from her and go eat shit asshole!" She yells and then falls into a bullcharge toward Guerra, aiming to tackle him but not far enough from either Jasper or Murphy yet that neither would'nt be able to grab ahold and stop her if they chose.
PM
^
Jasper Jordan
 Posted: Jan 26 2017, 08:19 PM
We are apogee.
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
Guardsman
Reckless

410 posts

you found me

• Jasper should have known that it would be Murphy to get things started after the whole ordeal. He had been half-expecting Monroe to lash out at the guards again - at least she would have had a real reason to - but Murphy had never been one to step down from a fight, and this was the perfect opportunity for a little chaos. Within seconds, the atmosphere in the room had gone from tense to wild; first Murphy was punching the guard and then prisoners all around the room were fighting, too.

For a moment, Jasper could just stare, watching the kids and the guards and everything happening at once. He opened his mouth to say something to Monroe, but that was when he felt someone collide with him from behind, and he stumbled forward a few steps to catch his balance. It was Murphy, of course, and he had to admit, he didn't disagree with what the boy had said. This was definitely the most interesting thing that had happened in Sky Box thus far, but had any of them stopped to think about what would happen to them afterward? The guards could get away with anything in Sky Box, even if maybe they couldn't float the kids for this. What if they decided to-

He lost his train of thought when Monroe pushed past him to go defend a blonde girl that a guard was seconds away from striking. It was Harper. He wanted to do something, to save Harper, but before he could leap into action, Monroe was throwing a plate at the guard's head to stop him. It wasn't until that point that Jasper realized there was no way he could stay out of this. It wasn't just Murphy or Monroe or Mbege who were going to pay for the riot - it was all of them - and he wasn't going to watch his friends get hurt.

Monroe was charging toward a guard now, and Jasper let her go (if anyone deserved to take their anger out on a few guards right then, it was her), but what the girl couldn't see was the other guard charging toward her from behind, shock baton already reaching out toward her. Before he could think, Jasper darted toward the guard, tackling him to the ground from behind, feeling his heart race with adrenaline. It wasn't until the guard was beneath him that he realized he hadn't thought this all the way through. His intention had been to stop the guard from reaching Monroe (which thankfully, had happened), but what was he going to do now (Jasper was a lover, not a fighter)?

He must have pondered it for a second too long, because the guard shoved him back roughly with his elbow and suddenly Jasper was on his back, the shock baton coming down toward him. He panicked, rolling out of the way at the last second before the guard could catch him, but he was already done with this riot. He just wanted it to be over.

He was struggling to get to his feet in order to avoid the guard's continued advances, but the older man grabbed him by the ankle, pulling him back down, an action that earned him a kick in the face by Jasper, who managed to escape his grasp in time to avoid the shock baton that had been coming his way once again.

He ran back toward Murphy, taking in the chaos around them. "Nice," he said, though whether he'd intended it to be sarcastic or not, he had no idea. He was trying to play it cool, but he had to admit, he was a little freaked out by this. He wanted to be angry at Murphy for starting the fight, but as he looked around, he realized that maybe the delinquents had a chance to come out on top of something. For once. "This is pretty intense, huh?"

• tagged for zoe monroe & john murphy with 655 words.

Notes

In the end, Everyone ends up alone. Losing her, The only one who's ever known Who I am, Who I'm not, who I wanna be. No way to know How long she will be next to me. Lost and insecure, You found me, you found me. Lyin' on the floor, Surrounded, surrounded. Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you? Just a little late. You found me, you found me.

PM
^
John Murphy
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 06:48 PM
all the other kids with the pumped up kicks better run, better run
application
shipper
wanted
development
17/18 years old
thief, fraudster, you name it
sarcastic

279 posts

monroe/jasper ✗ skybox riot
✗ GET REKT
Murphy's selfish comment went without being pointed out by either Monroe or Jasper. Not that he expected them to point it out. He didn't even notice how selfish it was himself. "I just wanted to to eat! Fuck, I can't go anywhere for real," Zoe groaned out loud, earning her a smirk from Murphy as he watched her face try to hold back a laugh. He found himself wondering if maybe he could form a friendship with the reddish-brownish haired girl, but thought against it a moment later. Probably not.

Before either he or Jasper could say anything, she was charging away from them, screaming at the top of her lungs at some guy. Murph turned his head to see what was happening, and saw Harper about to get struck. Another of the delinquents that John would've liked to get to know, but kept his distance for a variety of reasons. She was pretty, seemed funny and nice, but too good for the company of Jonathan Murphy. he made no move to stop Monroe, and neither did Jasper. The difference was that Jasper did move to stop the shock baton in the hand of another guard headed straight for Zoe.

John himself kept his eyes peeled, just in case someone decided to come after him next. He barely saw Jasper brawling with the guard, but caught the last bit of it before Jasper ran back over towards him. "Nice." Murphy raised a corner of his lips in a small smirk, nodding a bit in approval. "This is pretty intense, huh?" His smirk fell and he raised an eyebrow as he tilted his head at the Jordan boy. "You think this is intense? This is awesome!" He let out a laugh, putting his hands on his hips as he looked out across the cafeteria full of chaos. "Most fun I've had in months."

He paused, his grin falling as he realized that he didn't know where Mbege was. He scoured the crowd, "Hey... You see Mbege?" He grabbed a nearby chair and righted it before climbing up on it, peering over where Monroe and Harper were as his eyes scanned the room. There weren't many people that John cared about, but Mbege was his best friend. He had been since the two were toddlers. Mbege had been there when John started throwing punches, but he hadn't seen him since the room erupted... His stomach flipped as he thought of what might've happened to his friend.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Voting & Affiliates
RP Lovers The 100 Role Play 1SW Candyland Couture a resource community Up in Smoke PanemForever HOS Lochland Grove The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay So Devoid of Color The Arrow Justice League United UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ruinandrise OHaV Disposable Heroes ACTA Age of Heroes Forge Southern Winds Weyr