plot
application
who's who
face claims
plotting
development
wanted ads
0 days since a Chris Wade death threat
The year is 2150, the month is February. The winter is getting colder, and the Arkers are nowhere near prepared for the harsh winter, especially not now that their supply runs to Mount Weather have become completely nonexistent. Despite the lack of Arker presence in the mountain, the tensions have not died down, and with the return of one of Mount Weather's missing residents, revenge on the Sky People will be top priority. In Arkadia, following the damage Clarke and the others caused in Azgeda, Chancellor Griffin and the Guard must begin taking action to prepare for a war with the Ice Nation that is well on its way. Little do they know, the war has already begun with the arrival of a certain Azgedan spy, and what lies ahead is far worse than anything they have faced yet.
female
male
couple
thread
spotlight

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

Don't Let Go, Marcus Kane
Jasper Jordan
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 02:52 PM
I'd make another chemistry joke, but all the good ones argon.
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
Guardsman
Reckless

479 posts

It's the same game today as it always is. I don't give these places fake my name explaining this. And the wrists of my mind have the bleeding lines that remind me of all the times I have committed dirty dirty crimes that are perfectly form-fitted to what I've done and what I'm doing. I'm brewing and losing and spewing infusing and believe me that's what all the kids are doing. What kids are doing are killing themselves. They feel they have no control of their prisoner's cell. And if you're one of them then you're one of me, and you would do almost anything just to feel free.
tags: DAD

notes: I hope this works for you! If not, just let me know! <3

words: 658

ϟ mei
The cold air bit at his neck and hands as he trudged through the woods, backpack heavy against his back and his breath evident in the air before him. It was a long walk from Arkadia to the delinquents' old camp, but it wasn't the cold that was getting to him. He should have known that this wouldn't be a simple journey. After all, he hadn't even stepped foot on their camp since before he'd been taken to Mount Weather, and nothing could have prepared him for what it felt like to be back there.

For a moment after he arrived, when his eyes found the fallen dropship, the makeshift walls around what had once been their home, the wreckage of the war against the Grounders, he couldn't breathe, and although he wished he could blame it on all of the alcohol he had downed on his way here, he knew that that wasn't the case. This was it, all of their stories - their victories, their tragedies, their losses, the beginning of the end for them. It had all started here, in a drop ship that crashed on the wrong mountain, a drop ship he had almost died in, a drop ship Bellamy was hung in, a drop ship where Raven got shot.

He thought of all of the memories they had here, the night when they all got high on Monty's moonshine, the day they were all sick and bleeding to death, the times they had laughed and the times they had feared for their lives. How many lifetimes had passed since those days, he wondered? Because if he couldn't even remember how everything had changed so drastically, then how was he going to remember who he was, who any of them were?

He should have known that coming back here would be a bad idea, but some stupid part of him had hoped that if he came back, he would find the answers he couldn't find in Arkadia, and maybe then he could even trace his way back through the memories to find out where they'd all went wrong. But he couldn't do it. It was too difficult, and if anything, all of the memories left at this camp made it even harder for him to deal with what had become their reality now. He had been stupid to come here.

But there was nowhere else to go. He would suffocate in Arkadia, avoiding Bellamy and not talking to Monty, hearing Abby talk about Clarke and breathe down his neck every minute about his health, and he couldn't go back to Mount Weather today. It wasn't fair to depend on Maya so much, not after all she'd been through. Sure, they were happy when they were together, and Jasper cherished every moment he was around her, but more often than not, he caught himself depending on her love, her light, more than he should, and if he was smothering her, she would never tell him.

He had turned to leave the camp, but that was when he caught sight of something just outside the outer wall: a person. He moved slowly, doing his best to avoid stepping on the dead leaves that had long since fallen from the trees, and when he moved around the corner of the wall, he spotted Marcus Kane, chief of the Guard, standing over the graveyard. He hadn't expected anyone to be here - no one other than him would bother to come back, anyway - but it was even more shocking that the person he did find was Kane. What was he doing out here at their old graveyard?

Jasper leaned against the side of the wall, eyes staring past Kane and at the makeshift graves he hadn't seen in so long. "Sucks, doesn't it?" He hadn't had enough alcohol yet for his words to slur, but there was definitely something unsettling about the way he said it. "They were just kids."

You say I'm not alone, but I am petrified.
PM
^
Marcus Kane
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 09:04 PM
is Offline

Kane never knew this place as more than a field of ash and scorched bones, but he knew the children, once, who lay in the graves at his feet. Glen Dickson and his cellmate. Killed on impact. Trina, Pascal, and Atom, dead in a handful of days, killed by acid fog. Wells Jaha, who should never have been on the Ground in the first place. Charlotte-- a girl, a child, not even thirteen years old and already driven to kill. Diggs, caught in a Grounder trap. Roma Bragg, caught on a Grounder's spear. Dax, manipulated by one of Kane's own men, a trusted traitor. Four killed by a hemorrhagic fever. And nearly thirty more never buried, whose bones lay scattered through the forest by the Grounders' assault. Not a one of them should have been here, on the Ground, alone and weaponless. One hundred children on the Ground, every single one of them placed behind bars at his word, and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Necessary. He could see no other way.

With a sigh, Kane started to turn away. He would be back soon enough. Every few days he returned to this camp, to review the mistakes which lead to this much blood. Thus, he would avoid making the same mistakes again. The sound of Jasper's voice-- oddly stilted-- stopped him where he stood. Frowning, he glanced over his shoulder at the boy.

Kane did not know Jasper well. He remembered the case-- arrested for theft of medicinal herbs, thrown in the Skybox for having too much fun, sent to the Ground for it, which was perhaps worse than floating. He knew that Jasper was a gunner for the Hundred, which was why he'd been invited into Kane's new Guard. As a person, though, Kane knew only what he'd been told. That the boy was good. A true and trusting friend, and that he had been very close to the people of Mount Weather. It was not much to go on.

"Jasper Jordan, isn't it?" Kane murmured, and took a knee beside one of the graves. Carefully, he lifted a handful of loose earth from the top, rubbed it between thumb and forefinger. "They should never have been here," he murmured, by way of agreement. "We're going to have the graves marked. Once we find suitable stones."

tag+words
♥♥

PM
^
Jasper Jordan
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 12:37 AM
I'd make another chemistry joke, but all the good ones argon.
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
Guardsman
Reckless

479 posts

It's the same game today as it always is. I don't give these places fake my name explaining this. And the wrists of my mind have the bleeding lines that remind me of all the times I have committed dirty dirty crimes that are perfectly form-fitted to what I've done and what I'm doing. I'm brewing and losing and spewing infusing and believe me that's what all the kids are doing. What kids are doing are killing themselves. They feel they have no control of their prisoner's cell. And if you're one of them then you're one of me, and you would do almost anything just to feel free.
tags: DAD

notes: Didn't have a chance to read over this, so I hope it turned out okay!

words: ###

ϟ mei
The fact that Kane didn't look too surprised to see another person out there caught Jasper by surprise, but the boy never mentioned anything of it. He was still trying to figure out what Kane was doing here, alone. The guard's primary concentration had been on the threat of the Ice Nation lately, on keeping their eyes open for any signs of a threat. It wasn't as if Kane would find any useful information here, and if that wasn't what he'd been in search of, Jasper couldn't imagine why he'd even bother to come. No one had ever cared about the delinquents' camp. Once the higher ups from the Ark had come down, no one even mentioned this place anymore.

"Yeah," he responded to the older man's question, gaze moving briefly to Marcus' face before it fell back on the dirt. He felt something inside of him clench at Kane's next words, and he bit his tongue to keep from arguing. Who cared anymore where those kids should have been? The fact was that they had been sent down to Earth, and it wasn't as if no one had considered the prospect of them dying in the process. Jaha and the others had known exactly what they'd been doing, and any of them voicing any of their regret now was pointless.

"We're going to have the graves marked. Once we find suitable stones."

"Why weren't they marked two months ago when Ark came down?" He wasn't trying to accuse Kane of not caring, but if honoring the dead was truly what he wanted to do, then it would have been done months ago when they had first visited the camp. Anything anyone did at this point would just be out of regret, and Jasper was sick of it. It was the same with Mount Weather. The Arkers were only helping them because they felt bad about the people lost, because they needed supplies, because their regret was finally eating away at them. "And Mount Weather? What about the people who died there?"

He moved his gaze from Marcus to the graves once more. "It's just funny to me that the only time anyone cares is when they're feeling guilty." He wasn't talking about Kane as much as he was talking about all of them. It was too late to bring back the dead, and much too late to start remembering them. They'd missed their chance a long time ago.

You say I'm not alone, but I am petrified.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Voting & Affiliates
RP Lovers The 100 Role Play 1SW Candyland Couture a resource community Up in Smoke PanemForever HOS Lochland Grove The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay So Devoid of Color The Arrow Justice League United UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ruinandrise OHaV Disposable Heroes ACTA Age of Heroes Forge Southern Winds Weyr