plot
application
who's who
face claims
plotting
development
wanted ads
0 days since a Chris Wade death threat
The year is 2150, the month is February. The winter is getting colder, and the Arkers are nowhere near prepared for the harsh winter, especially not now that their supply runs to Mount Weather have become completely nonexistent. Despite the lack of Arker presence in the mountain, the tensions have not died down, and with the return of one of Mount Weather's missing residents, revenge on the Sky People will be top priority. In Arkadia, following the damage Clarke and the others caused in Azgeda, Chancellor Griffin and the Guard must begin taking action to prepare for a war with the Ice Nation that is well on its way. Little do they know, the war has already begun with the arrival of a certain Azgedan spy, and what lies ahead is far worse than anything they have faced yet.
female
male
couple
thread
spotlight

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

at the crossroads, tag Niylah
Emori
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 09:42 PM
"I can look after myself."
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Theif
Clever

185 posts

It was easy to slip away from everyone. The moment they arrived back in the Skaikru camp, several people ran out to greet them, one being Jackson. They immediately hauled off those who were barely clinging to life, while the others were ushered into the giant metal ship. Emori had no wounds, not fresh ones at least, so she chose not to follow. The gate was still open from their arrival only moments ago, and the guards seem to have been distracted by the immediate attention her travel companions needed. This was her opportunity, one that would only last another moment or so, so Emori took it.

There was nothing to keep her in the Skaikru camp. She had come as a prisoner after all, and despite the camaraderie during their mission, she was not one of their people. Emori didn't even want to consider what they would do to her after the madness died down.... Would they lock her up again and let her rot away? Would they give her what she was promised? Would they kill her? There were countless possibilities but Emori did not want to stick around long enough to find out which was the right answer. Instead, she quickly slipped through the gate while the distraction was still in play and slunk around the side, running off into the woods once she was out of view.

What next? was a frequent question in the nomad's life. There was never any set destination in mind; she normally traveled where the mood took her, or where she could find work. Right now, however, she wanted to find her brother. It had been several days and Otan was likely wondering where the hell she had been. Unfortunately, Emori had no idea where to find him.... They had separated before she was taken and the chances that he was still where she had left him were slim. At least she had a few ideas where to look, one being the Trikru/Azgeda outpost. She and Otan had done enough trading there that had he been successful with his own tasks, he might have at least stopped by to trade off his spoils or look for her.

The walk took a good portion of the day. It was just nightfall when Emori arrived at the familiar hut, and suddenly she wished she had one of those Skaikru vehicles herself to make the journeys faster. Stepping inside, her eyes darted around the dim store, searching for the familiar faces of the father and daughter that lived here. Finally, Emori spotted Niylah and walked over, a smile on her lips. "Hei Niylah", she greeted, leaning one arm; the right one, on the counter. “Yu don sin ai bro in?” It was worth asking; even if not, she could use a replenishing of supplies since everything that had been on her person had been taken by either Azgeda or Skaikru.

Niylah |note: "Have you seen my brother?"
PM
^
Niylah
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 05:36 AM
From the earth, we will grow. From the ashes, we will rise.
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
trader
compassionate

54 posts

The post had been quiet for days, few visitors coming since Skaikru had made their brief appearance as they headed into Azgeda. Niylah had been left to wonder if they’d ever be coming back, and even more importantly, why it was that she cared. Perhaps it was because they’d been the ones to truly grant Trikru safety from the Mountain. Clarke might have been the one who was credited with doing it, but she knew better than to think the woman had acted alone, no matter how brave she might have seemed. She hoped that they had found her, whether it be alive or otherwise, because at least then they’d know. Niylah wished she’d had information she could provide them, despite keeping her knowledge of the girl’s existence a secret for all these weeks, but it had been some time since she’d seen the one they called Wanheda.

At least the quiet gave her time to herself, to do the things that she wanted to do instead of what was required of her. Years ago, her mother had taught her to read, and what few books had come in through trades had sat languishing on the shelves while other, more important, things had been swept away. Every once in awhile, she would pluck one up and skim the words she knew, trying to figure out the ones she didn’t in context, but it rarely went any further than it had in the past. Leisurely activities had never been a luxury she’d been capable of indulging in, and perhaps now it was too late to make the most of it.

The sound of footsteps pulled her attention away from the book that was open in her lap, and Niylah’s eyes caught sight of a familiar face emerging in the dim light of the shop. Emori didn’t seem to immediately notice her as her own gaze swept over the area around her, but when she did she approached the counter that rested between them with an easy smile on her face. Closing the book and setting on a shelf beside the chair she’d been seated on, Niylah stood and crossed the short distance until she was standing opposite the new arrival.

Emori’s question momentarily caught her off guard, and she realized then what she hadn’t immediately noticed: Emori was alone. When was the last time she had come in without her brother beside her? Niylah wasn’t sure she could remember. ”No, moba,” she said, brow wrinkling as she tucked some stray strands of hair behind her ear. ”Don em mana kom op?”

tags: Emori || notes: rough translation: “No, I’m sorry.” “Did he intend to come?” (dude i suck at trig)
PM
^
Emori
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 09:38 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Theif
Clever

185 posts

Emori did not bother to hide the disappointment at the blonde’s answer, an exhale pressing heavy through her nose. It was a long shot. It wasn’t like she expected him to be here… But it would have been the easiest place to look. At the least, it would have given her a clue as to where he was headed if Otan had stopped by. No, we got separated. I was taken by the damn Skaikru,” she said, annoyance in her voice. The whole ordeal was an inconvenience more than anything, now that it was over at least. Had she been seriously injured, or died, Emori might have looked at it differently. She supposed she should be grateful to be alive to evaluate the situation at all. I figured he might have stopped by,” it just meant her search would be filled with blind guessing now.

The stop wasn’t a complete waste of time, however. Emori did need to gather supplies. I’ll just pick up a few things,” she stated before taking a step back from the counter. The brunette began peeling off the heavy Azgeda fur jacket she had been wearing, the one they had stolen off the dead guards in order to sneak into Azgeda. She didn’t need it down here, especially if she decided to head back toward the Dead Zone. Placing it on the counter, Emori then pulled at the zipper of the Skaikru jacket she had been given for the mission as well to add an extra layer of warmth. They sure took care of their prisoners. I can give you these. Clothing from Skaikru and Azgeda,” already she felt cooler removing the layers, not having realized how much heat they had been adding to her.

Do you have anything fresh? I’m starving.” She could kill and cook her own meat, but with the nightfall and how exhausted she was, Emori hardly had the energy to do so. She started to idly walk around the hut, eyes scanning the various items that peppered the walls and shelves. I’m also looking for a blade if you have any; any dagger or knife will do.” She still had the one that had been in Bellamy’s shoulder, but Emori knew better than to travel with just a single weapon. Maybe a blanket… some sort of sack if you have one.” With nothing but the clothes on her back, Emori basically had to restock whatever she could carry with her, or at least whatever she could get for the coats.

Niylah |note: italics=Trigedasleng. Because they're going to be talking a lot and I am not translating that all.
PM
^
Niylah
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 01:31 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
trader
compassionate

54 posts

For a moment Niylah found herself taken aback by Emori’s explanation of her separation from Otan. Her experience with Skaikru had been incredibly limited so far, primarily centered around the time she’d spent with Clarke before she had disappeared, but despite the awful things Niylah had heard, she’d never considered how accurate they might really be. Was the girl known as Wanheda actually one of the best the newcomers had to offer? Leaning against the counter, Niylah’s expression shifted into one that spoke of a mixture of confusion and sympathy as the other woman continued speaking.

To Emori’s credit, she moved the conversation flawlessly on and Niylah couldn’t help but wonder how much concern and hurt she might be hiding inside. The pair of them had traded before, were friendly enough, but there was no illusion that they were truly friends. If there was some deeper well of emotion that Emori was feeling in that moment, Niylah didn’t think she would ever be privy to see it.

”What did Skaikru want with you?” Niylah asked as she watched the woman strip off the heavy outer clothing she’d arrived in. What they would do with Azgeda clothing was beyond her, perhaps tear things down to remake them in a less recognizable form, but she wasn’t going to be the person to turn the woman across from her away. Unless she had supplies hidden away outside, she’d arrived with almost nothing. Much of Trikru’s territory might not have been especially dangerous with the Reapers gone, but the same could not always be said for the area around the border - especially if Ice Nation was still searching for Clarke.

Niylah reached for the offered clothing, setting it aside on a shelf to deal with later. She knew without any searching necessary that she had everything the woman required, but her immediate attention was on the food. If Emori had been a prisoner of Skaikru had they cared for her at all? Probably not much if they’d cast her aside with almost nothing - unless she had escaped. The truth was, Niylah was afraid to ask. She’d harbored too many secrets of late, and she didn’t want to know the answer when the Sky People came.

”There’s deer,” Niylah said, tipping her head towards the back where the living space resided. ”It’s dinner, but you’re welcome to share if you’d like a meal before you go. I have some to trade that you can take with you, but nothing else fresh.” She didn’t know what her father’s reaction to a guest would be, assuming he was returning that night, but she would figure that part out later. He could never stay angry with her for long.

”Please, come sit,” she added, motioning in the same direction she’d indicated before. ”I’ll get the rest of what you need after.”

tag: Emori || notes: ngl this feels like a mess. and i'm stealing the italics for trig idea

PM
^
Emori
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 10:36 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Theif
Clever

185 posts

"They needed to know how to get to Azgeda's capitol," she said, speaking as if it was just general gossip, nothing crucial. Of course, she left out the part about how he had been forced into it after getting caught trying to steal from them. Emori's eyes drifted over the various trinkets in the room as she spoke. "The Queen had taken some of their people and they wanted to get them back." Personally, right from the beginning Emori thought that was a ridiculous notion. One of the most ruthless clans took a few of your people and you risk your own lives, plus a war, just retrieve them? It was suicidal, reckless, and just plain stupid. All those lives put at risk just to save two.

"Thanks?," she said as a way of accepting Niylah's offer for food. Emori would be foolish to turn down fresh cooked deer. "I won't need much, I plan to hunt come daylight." She had long-since learned to procure her own food, Emori was just too tired and it was much too late to do so at the moment. Eating now would ensure her stomach growling wouldn't scare off the game tomorrow.

Following Niylah's offer, Emori stepped in the implied direction, taking a seat. She couldn't stand most other Grounders, mostly because they treated her like some kind of diseased monster, but Niylah never had. Emori wouldn't go so far as to call her a friend, but her company wasn't unwelcomed. The woman was far too kind for anyone to truly dislike her, although Emori feared that same kindness and trusting nature would be her downfall one day. "How's the trade here going?” she asked, making with the smalltalk as Niylah gathered her things.

Niylah |note: italics=Trigedasleng. So short,
sorry D:
PM
^
Niylah
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 06:43 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
trader
compassionate

54 posts

Almost immediately, Niylah was thankful for the fact that her back was turned as Emori began to speak. An array of emotions played across her face at the other woman’s mention of Azgeda and the Skaikru prisoners they’d apparently held. Had Clarke been one of them? And what of the boy that had come searching for her, asking about the very same location? Niylah wondered if Emori had been with them in the vehicle outside when he’d been in the trading post. She wanted to ask about Clarke and whether she’d been found safe, but she wasn’t sure it was wise to show that she cared. She was certain she’d painted a target on her back when she’d admitted to having seen Wanheda, and the last thing she needed was to make it worse.

”I hope their people were found safe,” she finally replied, her voice painstakingly even. Perhaps the remark would be enough to gain some information one way or the other.

Niylah picked up one of the blankets that had been scavenged somewhere along a trader’s journey, the fabric rougher against her skin than she’d have preferred. There was nothing better - there rarely was - but she had never known anyone to be remarkably choosy when faced with nothing as an alternative. Rolling it up, she carefully tucked it into the sack she’d laid out on the counter, tucking it into one of the corners so it’d still be accessible even after she’d placed the other supplies.

The small collection of knives were her next target, each wrapped safely in cloth that she rolled out on the counter so that they were now on display. Emori could pick whichever one suited her, once they were finished with their meal. ”Trade has been better than usual,” Niylah replied, trying to sound more pleased about that than she actually felt.

Niylah crossed the room until she, too, was able to sit by the fire. She would need to be careful to keep her expression relaxed, lest she give away too much about how this conversation was affecting her. ”I’m not certain if you’ve heard, but Wanheda has been very good for business.”

tag: Emori || notes: pfft it was great

PM
^
Emori
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 01:00 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Theif
Clever

185 posts

Most.” The term was uttered with indifference, yet for a beat Emori’s eyes fell to the floor. She didn’t really care what happened to the Skaikru members; all that she had came with had returned home… maybe not all in one piece, but they were alive. Some of their people had been killed before they had arrived, or so she was told. But none of that mattered to her. What mattered, even if she did not want to admit it, was that John had been left behind. He was the only one of them amongst the lot of them that she even had a semblance of empathy for. It was her fault he had been taken by Azgeda in the first place, and the sole reason she was so cooperative with Skaikru, hoping to make up for getting him sent there in the first place. But he had been taken away yet again and she could do nothing to stop them.

Yea, I’m sure you’ve got everyone coming in here looking for her,” she commented, glancing over at Niylah before returning her gaze to the fire. For a moment she contemplated telling the girl that the so-called ‘Wanheda’ had been found and was back with her people, but despite her dislike for Skaikru, she didn’t purposefully wish harm on them. Plus, who was to say Niylah wouldn’t offer up the information to the next bounty hunter that entered in her place of business.

Wonder how long it will last before everyone gives up,” she mused; mostly to herself, but the answer- not that either of them knew it- would likely affect the amount of customers Niylah continued to have as well. Emori was also curious if the rumors of Wanheda’s capture had traveled so far south yet or not. Would people give up once they realized Clarke was already back with her people? Or would that make Skaikru the new enemy? No doubt Azgeda already had their sights on them, which was why Emori wanted to get as far away as possible.

Niylah |note: italics = Trigedasleng
PM
^
Niylah
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 09:16 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
trader
compassionate

54 posts

Despite the fact that her father spent countless days and weeks of his life in danger, it was a rare occasion when Niylah felt her blood run cold. Sitting there now with Emori, it took little more than a single word to leave her in that unfortunate state. Trying to ignore the nervous flutter in her chest, Niylah forced herself to focus on what was happening immediately in front of her, hoping that concentrating on cooking the deer would be enough to keep her from falling to pieces over people - really more like a person - she barely knew at all.

”I’m sorry for them that the outcome wasn’t better,” Niylah said delicately, reaching out as steadily as she could to turn the spit that held the meat above the fire. It would be done soon and they could focus less on talking and more on eating. Perhaps she would ask Emori if she would like to sleep there that night - there were more than enough furs lying around to fashion some kind of bed. Maybe if she kept the girl around she’d be able to slowly glean more information from her about Clarke.

Glancing around as if she was looking for the people of which they spoke, Niylah nodded absently as she said, ”They come less frequently now.” She wasn’t sure yet whether or not that was a good thing. Until she heard confirmation that Clarke was safe, Niylah wasn’t sure she’d ever find peace. She turned her attention back to the deer for a moment, gently prodding at a piece to test its doneness. A few more moments and they would be able to eat, and then where would the conversation go?

”Do you ever question why so much of our life is spent at war with someone?” Niylah asked hesitantly. It was, perhaps, the best way to test the waters, but even with that little remark, she wondered how much she was flirting with danger.

tag: Emori || notes: trig is in italics
PM
^
Emori
 Posted: Oct 19 2017, 08:09 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Theif
Clever

185 posts

"I guess people are already giving up," she stated on the heels of Niylah's observation. Although she couldn't be sure, Emori suspected that rumors of Wanheda's capture was spreading, thus thinning out the numbers looking for her. Perhaps the rumors hadn't quite reached the trading post yet, considering the decline in visitors. Which was a good thing for Clarke, but worse for Niylah and her father... Although if they were really that concerned, they would consider moving closer to Polis for greater traffic flow.

"No." While Niylah's words were soft and full of hesitation, Emori spoke as if she were sure of herself. She was, after all, because she already knew the answer to that question. "Life is about survival," Emori knew this better than most. She had barely been alive a matter of days before her own life was in jeopardy. "Unless everyone shared in the same opinion," which they didn't, "we must fight for our own survival. And that is a battle nobody wants to lose." Certainly not Emori. She worked too hard to give up life's constant struggle.

"Unless there is some magical place where everyone is the same and everyone has the same opinions, I doubt the wars will end." Although such a place sounded boring and unobtainable. Peace was merely an ideal; something people strove for when they couldn't handle their own reality. The reality that life is a constant struggle and there were only reprieves from the hardships, not ends to it. People sought peace because it was easier than admitting all of that to themselves. Emori had accepted her own reality long ago. "So when's this food done?" she asked, the smell of it causing her own stomach to ache.

PM
^
Niylah
 Posted: Oct 24 2017, 04:09 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
trader
compassionate

54 posts

Niylah knew that there was logic in Emori’s words, but it didn’t make her any more pleased about accepting them as truth. That life was about survival was something she had learned the day her mother was taken from her, when she was forced to watch it happen, but she had always wanted something more - a better world. It was more than a little naive to think it could ever truly exist.

With a sigh, Niylah reached out to test the deer again, spearing a chunk and bringing it towards her to lightly touch the side of her finger against the glistening meat. It was searing hot against her skin and she tipped her head gently towards the fire as she said, ”It should be okay now.” Leaning to the side, Niylah picked up a pair of metal plates, the surface uneven from where they had been pounded flat in the flames years before, and handed one over to Emori. Resting her own on her knees, she used the back of her fingernail to push the chunk of meat off the spit and onto the plate before reaching out to spear a second chunk of the deer.

Settling into her seat, Niylah glanced down at her food before shifting her focus back to Emori again. She was sure the woman would be done quickly and on her way, and how would she get news of Clarke after that? She knew she had no choice but to ask, but it did little to calm her nerves anyway. Drawing in a breath, Niylah let it out slowly through her nose to steady herself before asking, ”When you were with the Sky People, did they speak of someone named Clarke?” She had no way of knowing if Emori was aware that Clarke was also the woman known as Wanheda, and if so, whether she would be willing to give Niylah any information at all. ”I only want to know if she’s safe,” she added hesitantly, hopefully.

tag: Emori || notes: trig is in italics

PM
^
Emori
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 10:36 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Theif
Clever

185 posts

With Niylah’s silence, Emori could only conclude that the woman either agreed with her or truly was an advocate for peace and did not wish to argue. Either way, Emori was far more interested in the food roasting over the flame. She was starving. A vague, fleeting smile pulled at her lips at the declaration that the food was ready, holding back her own eagerness with feigned patience.

Mochof,” she thanked once the food was handed to her, settling the plate in her lap. The aroma quickly made its way to her nose, stirring the empty pain within her stomach. Emori did her best not to inhale the deer right there, knowing it was the last quality meal she would have for a while. Instead, she pulled off a piece of the meat with her hands and pushed it into her mouth. Emori would have been content to sit in silence rather than exchange pointless pleasantries with the woman, but when Niylah finally broke their silence, her words were anything but pointless.

The thief actually lifted her gaze from the meat, brows rising just slightly in surprise at the unexpected question. For a moment, she just stared at her, wondering what Niylah meant by it. They had been talking about Wanheda, but most of their people didn’t know Wanheda’s real name… Although it wasn’t entirely uncommon for someone to know it. Was Niylah trying to gather information from her about Wanheda? Maybe she wished to sell information to other travelers in search of her…

Niylah must have sensed her own wariness as she added on to her question. Still, Emori said nothing, merely glanced over at the blonde skeptically, deciding whether or not to say anything. She had no true allegiance to Clarke or the Skaikru, but the girl had been through quite a bit and deserved people not hunting her for a while over some silly superstition. However, while she would not claim to know Niylah well, during the time that Emori had known her, the shopkeeper never seemed to be the type to wish ill on others, nor profit from another’s pain…

She was there… she finally answered, giving a slow, hesitant nod along with her words. In Azgeda.” Emori left out the part where Clarke and Wanheda were the same person; if Niylah didn’t already know, she wouldn’t be the one to tell her. She’s back with her people now, in the Skaikru camp. Safe. Although with Azgeda soon at their doorstep, Emori wasn’t sure how long she would stay that way. Taking another bite of her meat, she chewed most of it before asking her own question; do you know her? It was likely; considering Clarke had been wandering the woods for some time before they found her. At least that was what she had gathered by how pissed her people seemed to be at her for leaving. It wouldn’t surprise her if Niylah had encountered the blonde.

PM
^
Niylah
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 07:14 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
trader
compassionate

54 posts

As she waited for the other woman’s response, Niylah’s gaze fell to the plate that rested now on her own lap, the warmth of the meat heating the plate and then her skin in turn. She picked at the deer, only mildly interested in actually eating it though she took a small bite to appease the gentle grumble inside her stomach. When Emori did speak, it was impossible for Niylah’s eyes not to widen in surprise, and she hoped the other woman was focused enough on her food not to notice her reaction.

In hindsight, Niylah didn’t know what else she might have expected. Nia had wanted Wanheda’s power, and she had the sheer numbers of Azgeda’s warriors in her favor. She couldn’t imagine it must have taken much effort to find the woman wandering alone in the forest. She wondered if the poster she had hung had been what had led to Clarke’s capture; she hoped not, and somehow doubted it even as the idea popped into her head, but it lingered there for a moment anyway.

But Clarke was safe. Emori had no reason to lie to her about it - though she had little reason to tell the truth either - and she found some kind of solace in that knowledge. ”We met,” Niylah replied, plucking another little bit of meat from her plate and popping it into her mouth. It was hot on her tongue, but she chewed and swallowed it down anyway because she needed to. She couldn’t let herself get so wrapped up in this conversation that Emori grew suspicious of her intentions. She and the other woman were friendly enough with each other, but it didn’t mean there was implicit trust there. Or possibly any trust at all.

”She came to trade with me in the past. I thought she was interesting: the girl from the sky who had left her people, even if she never told me the reason why,” she added, wiping the grease and juices from the meat on the leg of her pants. ”I’m glad to know she isn’t in Azgeda. I don’t understand why she would have gone there at all.”

tag: Emori || notes: trig is in italics, sorry it's hella short

PM
^
Emori
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 11:16 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Theif
Clever

185 posts

The change in Niylah’s expression did not go unnoticed by Emori. As a professional liar and a thief, it was important for her to always pay attention to the nonverbal cues people gave off; it often helped her read the thoughts they were too cautious to say out loud. Niylah’s reaction, however subtle, was enough to make Emori believe that she not only knew Clarke, but that she cared enough about the girl to be concerned for her safety. Of course, that information did not give her much, it only fueled her curiosities. Acting as if she hadn’t noticed, Emori continued to eat the food the blonde provided.

Emori’s gaze lifted to Niylah for a moment as the woman responded, but soon went back to focusing on pulling apart the meat in her lap. After all, she was just confirming what Emori already suspected. It wasn’t until the blonde started going into more detail that she even pulled her attention away from the food, this time lifting her head to actually listen to Niylah. Although it wasn’t like the woman was saying anything interesting. Yea, well, her people didn’t seem all that happy with her leaving,” she commented flatly before popping another piece of the meat into her mouth. It was pretty much all they talked- or fought- about since they found the blonde.

With Niylah’s question, however rhetorical it might have been, Emori gave a shrug. She wanted to save her people, or that’s what she said at least.” Lifting another piece of meat to her mouth, the brunette popped it in, not bothering to finish chewing before speaking again. Personally I think she’s just an idiot trying to get herself killed,” she said bluntly, because who would voluntarily turn themselves over to the Ice Nation? There was no way that ended in anything but death. And for what? Two lives? They hadn’t even saved John… Clearly her people’s lives weren’t all that important to her if she was willing to leave them behind.

PM
^
Niylah
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 09:59 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
trader
compassionate

54 posts

It would have been a lie for Niylah to claim that she knew Clarke well - despite the nature of some of their interactions, she was still largely a stranger - and yet she could believe and easily see the younger woman doing something so foolish for the sake of her people, even if she’d abandoned them not very long ago at all. She tried to ignore the chill that she felt surge down her spine as she considered the implications that went along with Clarke escaping Azgeda. Niylah didn’t need to know Queen Nia in any sort of personal way to know that she wouldn’t handle this disappointment lightly, and it made her nervous to be so close to the Ice Nation’s borders.

”Bravery and stupidity sometimes feel like two words for the same thing,” Niylah replied, though she didn’t doubt for a moment that in Clarke’s case, at the very least, they truly were different. If Clarke was stupid, she wouldn’t have managed to survive on her own in such unfamiliar surroundings for as long as she had. Niylah might have helped when she could, sneaking her extra food if she thought her father wouldn’t notice, but the kills that Clarke brought in to be skinned and portioned were entirely her own. She was resourceful, and that was a trait Niylah appreciated greatly in people.

Pulling another bit of deer meat apart, she set the pieces back down again just as absently as she’d picked them up, realizing with a start that her appetite was gone. Niylah had always known that helping Clarke came with a risk, but she had not expected things to occur this quickly. She wondered if she should warn Emori that it wasn’t safe there anymore, then thought better of it. She couldn’t be sure that the other woman wouldn’t sell her out if it benefited her someday, and Niylah didn’t need anyone to truly know how close she and Clarke had briefly been. It was better simply to turn the conversation away.

”I’m sorry that I couldn’t help you find Otan.” Niylah said as she set her plate to the side and leaned forward with her elbows on her thighs. Her expression softened further as she asked, ”Where will you go now?”

tag: Emori || notes: trig is in italics, sorry it's hella short

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Voting & Affiliates
RP Lovers 1SW Candyland Couture a resource community Up in Smoke PanemForever HOS Lochland Grove The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay The Arrow UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ruinandrise OHaV Disposable Heroes ACTA Age of Heroes Forge Southern Winds Weyr