plot
application
who's who
face claims
plotting
development
wanted ads
0 days since a Chris Wade death threat
The year is 2150, the month is February. The winter is getting colder, and the Arkers are nowhere near prepared for the harsh winter, especially not now that their supply runs to Mount Weather have become completely nonexistent. Despite the lack of Arker presence in the mountain, the tensions have not died down, and with the return of one of Mount Weather's missing residents, revenge on the Sky People will be top priority. In Arkadia, following the damage Clarke and the others caused in Azgeda, Chancellor Griffin and the Guard must begin taking action to prepare for a war with the Ice Nation that is well on its way. Little do they know, the war has already begun with the arrival of a certain Azgedan spy, and what lies ahead is far worse than anything they have faced yet.
female
male
couple
thread
spotlight

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

Right Now, Isadora Windsor
Chris Wade
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 05:13 PM
All my life, I played like a winner. All I see looking back in the mirror are demons in my head.
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Kindergarten Teacher
Leader

81 posts

all this time
the saint was a sinner
The amount of cooking supplies that Christopher Wade owned was disappointing at best, embarrassing at worst, but he spread them all out on the kitchen counter in preparation for Izzy's arrival. He had always dreamed of being a good cook, able to surprise and impress dates with something more than the art hanging on his fridge drawn by the kindergartners in his class, but he'd never had such luck. More often than not, whatever he cooked here ended up burnt or in flames entirely, and in his limited experience, the ladies weren't too crazy about that; neither was he. In fact, he probably would have starved after his parents died had it not been for the fact that Isadora kept extra food in the mountain's kitchen from time to time.

He didn't particularly like cooking these days, and countless burnt dinners and wasted food had nothing to do with that fact anymore. Cooking reminded him of normalcy, which reminded him of his parents and his sister and his students and all he had lost the day Clarke destroyed everything he loved. But he knew Izzy, knew her enough to know that cooking made her happy, that sharing her meals and desserts with others made her even happier, and if it would lift her spirits after their tense encounter with Eliza, then he was willing to give it another shot.

He stood in the middle of his kitchen, organizing the few pots and pans he had on the counter, unsure of which one they would need to bake brownies. At least Izzy could teach him this time. Maybe if she did, his meals wouldn't taste so bad. "Come in," he offered when he heard the knock at his door. He smiled when she entered, his mind going back to the way she had looked in the hallway earlier, her eyes brimming with tears. Making brownies was going to be a good thing, for both of them. "So, where do we start?"

Immediately following the thread with Eliza and Izzy. Let me know if you need me to change anything!
PM
^
Isadora Windsor
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 10:56 PM
hate is a strong word, but I really really really don't like you
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
chef
bitter

62 posts

sky full of stars
go on and tear me apart cause i think i saw you
tag Chris Wade

yas brownie time omg

The encounter with Eliza in the corridor had been unpleasant to say the least. Just like every other Sky Person, she seemed to think that the world belonged to her. Mount Weather wasn't theirs, though. If they wanted it, they would have to kill every last one of the people living there to pry it from their cold, dead fingers. Izzy was certain that would be able to see a good number of them die at the hands of her people before that ever happened, though.

Now wasn't the time to think about such morbid things, though. Izzy was on her way to Chris's now to make brownies. In her arms, she carried several very important ingredients she was certain he wouldn't have in his apartment. She was fairly certain the only reason she had them was because she was a chef - otherwise they wouldn't have been given out to just anyone. She watched where she was going almost as much as she eyed the armload of ingredients she carried, a hint of a smile on her lips as she made her way from her apartment to Chris's.

When she came to his door, she adjusted the way she was carrying everything, using her skirt to hold it all instead of her arms, somehow managing to do so without dropping anything to the floor. With one had suddenly freed, she lifted it to knock on the door. From inside, she heard Chris's voice call out to her, and she opened the door to let herself in. Lifting her eyes to his face, Izzy greeted his smile with one of her own, her whole face brightening as she did so.

As the smile on her face spread wider, transforming into a grin, Izzy made her way into Chris's kitchen. She dumped her skirtful of ingredients onto the counter top then took a step back. Hands finding a place on her hips, she looked up a Chris, tears all but forgotten, her eyes bright. "First we need a bowl. You have one, don't you?" Her voice was teasing gently through her smile. Without waiting for an answer, she glanced over everything he'd put on the counter. There were pots and pans of all shapes and sizes. Izzy chuckled lightly at the sight - they would just a couple of them. What she didn't see was the bowl in question.

Moving around Chris, she began opening cabinets left and right, standing on her tip-toes to peer into the high ones, squatting down to check the low ones. Finally she found the right cabinet and pulled out a bowl with ease. Setting it down on the counter, she pointed to one of the smaller sauce pans. "Put a half cup of butter into that pan and put it on the stove over low heat." There was a note of happiness to her voice that hadn't been there much as of late. Smile on her lips, she moved over to the oven and set it to pre-heat.

PMEmail
^
Chris Wade
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 06:51 PM
All my life, I played like a winner. All I see looking back in the mirror are demons in my head.
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Kindergarten Teacher
Leader

81 posts

all this time
the saint was a sinner
"Ha-ha. Very funny." Chris rolled his eyes at her teasing, but his eyes twinkled as he watched her move to the cabinets in search of a bowl. It was no secret to Izzy that he wasn't a great cook - hell, he wasn't even a decent one - but that was why he enjoyed things like this. It gave Izzy a chance to get out of her shell and it gave him a chance to put his energy into something positive for once.

He grabbed some butter before starting back over to the counter, pulling out a measuring cup. "So, what you're saying is that you cut the butter until it fills up half of this cup and then you dump it into the pan?" Seemed like a bit much to him, but then again, he wasn't the expert on cooking. He grinned at her, holding the butter up to the side of the cup to see what half a cup looked like. "Can't I just skip the cup part and put it into the pan?"

Despite his smiles, what had happened with Eliza was still weighing heavily on his mind. She was dangerous, a threat to their mission if she investigated any further. They had risked everything to make it this far, and once again, the Sky People were trying to stop them. Chris knew they couldn't let that happen, but what choice did they have if their lives hung in the balance of it all?

"How are we going to stop her? If she comes back?" he asked suddenly, meeting Izzy's eyes with an uncertainty he didn't display often. "If she finds out what happened, her people will destroy us." He sighed, shaking his head in disbelief. "I should have never risked our lives for a stupid plan. We were relatively safe from them until now."

loooove yoouuuu
PM
^
Isadora Windsor
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 06:21 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
chef
bitter

62 posts

sky full of stars
tag Chris Wade

LOVE YOU MOST

As she searched for a bowl, she glanced over her shoulder and grinned - a real, genuine grin - at Chris. It had been a while since she'd smiled like that. It had been a while since many of them had smiled like that. Izzy turned away quickly, though, back in search of the legendary bowl and beginning to wonder if Chris really didn't own one. Then, of course, she found it.

Izzy had just assumed Chris understood what she wanted him to do. She, in the meantime, began preparing the pan that the brownies would be baked in, coating the bottom and sides with butter so they wouldn't stick. Hopefully. Chris's question caught Izzy off guard. With a soft, "wha," she turned to look at him. When she saw the measuring up sitting in front of him, she couldn't help but to laugh gently, moving over to his side. "You've got to be the most ridiculous person I know," she stated with a laugh that died suddenly on her lips as she realized almost everyone she had ever known was dead now. A small whimper-like sound slipped from her lips before she inhaled through her nose, straightened her shoulders, and acted like everything was just fine.

Picking up a stick of butter, she showed it to Chris. "You see these markings here? They're for measuring the butter." It was a miracle that they still had butter, let alone butter with wrappers that marked measurements on it, but Izzy was pretty sure the wrappers were just recycled from the old ones - reused for years and years or something. Pointing to the little lines on the outside of the wrapper with a smile on her face, she glanced up at Chris. "One stick is a half cup," she explained, her finger tapping gently at the end of the stick where it was marked "1/2 cup." Looking up at Chris with a soft expression on her face, she handed him the stick of butter to put into the pan.

Just like Chris, Izzy's mind was still on the encounter with the Sky Girl. She was doing everything she could, trying so very hard, to push the incident from her mind, but it wasn't as easy as she would have liked. It didn't come as a surprise to her when Chris brought it up. Coming to a stand-still, she focused on the floor for a moment or two. When she finally brought her gaze up to Chris's face, her expression was solemn. "She won't figure it out, Chris. She was looking in here for evidence of something that happened outside. She's no detective," Izzy said with a derisive hatred in her voice. Still, she took a deep breath and looked away as she stated, "and if she finds something pointing to you, we'll kill her." She knew Chris wasn't going to like hearing those words, especially from her mouth, but if they had to kill her to keep their secret - to keep Chris safe - Isadora wouldn't hesitate. "We...we make it look like an accident. So they won't come looking here again."

PMEmail
^
Chris Wade
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 07:33 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Kindergarten Teacher
Leader

81 posts

all this time
the saint was a sinner
Izzy was laughing, but Chris hadn't been joking. What else was he supposed to think a half a cup meant? Really, it was a wonder he'd made it this long without someone there to cook for him. Mostly he was just burning things or living off of food that didn't need to be cooked. At least Izzy was here now. Maybe she could teach him a thing or two so he wouldn't be completely hopeless from here on out.

Chris smiled along as the girl laughed, but before he could respond to her words, a whimper had escaped her lips, but why, he had no idea. The suddenness of the sound tore at his heart, and he stared at her, eyes wide with surprise. Was it something he had said? Was it the fact that they were cooking, without Harry there to make fun of them or join in?

He opened his mouth to ask what had happened, but then Izzy straightened and went on to explain to him the rules of cooking as if nothing had ever happened. The revelation about the markings on the butter was the most shocking thing he'd ever heard. He'd never really paid much attention to what was on the sides of the butter wrappers, but it all made so much more sense now, and he thought that just maybe he'd be a good cook given some time.

"I knew that," he joked as Izzy handed the butter over to him, but he frowned when she turned away, still worried about before. He took the wrapper off, dropping the butter into the pan without looking back at her. "Izzy . . . Is something wrong?" He hated the way that question sounded on his lips, but he had to ask, even if everything was wrong and he knew it. Izzy liked to bottle things up, to be strong for him, but she didn't have to. He'd known her for too long to allow that.

He wasn't trying to make things worse by mentioning what happened with the Sky Girl, but the worry weighed on his mind. He had risked too much by stabbing those girls before, and it was only putting them at a greater risk, especially if the Sky People were going to come searching for clues. Of course they would find something, even if Chris had worked hard to hide all evidence.

He was worried Izzy might share his fears and concerns, but when she looked up at him, her eyes were ablaze with a strength he didn't know she possessed, one reserved only for times like these, when he was feeling weak and one of them needed to be strong.

He appreciated her thoughts, and he knew she would do anything she could to protect him, but that only scared him more. Ever since the massacre, he had devoted his life to making sure the rest of his people remained safe and alive. If Izzy tried to protect him against the Sky People . . . it couldn't end well for her.

Besides, maybe she didn't realize it now, but if she actually killed someone, she would have to live with the guilt for the rest of her life, and it was something she would never recover from. He didn't like to think about Izzy in that state, so much blood on her hands that it would never wash off. He couldn't let her do that. "You're right," he said, despite all of his concerns. "She shouldn't live if she finds something. But if she does, I'll kill her. I don't want you involved in this." His tone didn't leave any room for arguments. Harry wouldn't want her involved in this either.

chrizzy threads are always so bittersweet
PM
^
Isadora Windsor
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 10:07 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
chef
bitter

62 posts

sky full of stars
tag Chris Wade

bittersweet might be an understatement xD

Isadora eyed Chris disbelievingly, the ghost of a smile on her lips at his joke. "Of course you did," she teased gently, her voice grown a little quieter. The next thing she knew, Chris was asking if she was okay. Of course she wasn't. None of them were, not really. It was nice of him to ask, but Izzy didn't know how to answer the question. Did she say yes because everything was as okay as it would be until the Sky People were killed? Or did she say no because she still missed her brother, her whole family, more than anything. Her heart was still in ruins. There was a chance that she might never be "okay" ever again. All because of the actions of the Sky People.

Turning to look at Chris, Izzy smiled up at him. It was a hard smile, distant, and it held none of the laughter that had been on her lips just moment ago. Her lips pressed together as she smiled, letting her gaze drop to the floor between them. She didn't say anything, though, not out loud. Chris knew her well enough by now that she probably didn't have to; he'd be able to see the yes and the no written all over her body language.

Reaching out, Izzy took one of Chris's hands in her own and held it tightly. At least she wasn't the only one still thinking about the encounter with the Sky Girl. It was little comfort, but it was comfort nonetheless. With so little comfort in their lives nowadays, it felt best to cling to what little they could find whenever they could. Her face softened slightly at the sound of his voice, at the implication of his words. As always, he was trying to protect her. Harry would have been grateful for it, of that she was certain. This time she smiled at him with more warmth in her expression, her eyes searching his. She gave his hand another squeeze before releasing it and turning back to the brownies they were making. They were supposed to be taking their minds off the Sky Girl. Like a plague, though, she gnawed at them, sickening their minds, twisting them into something grotesque, a shade of the people they'd been before. It was what the Sky People did.

"You can't protect me forever," she whispered as she measure out 1/3 cup of cocoa powder. Glancing over at him, there were tears welling in her eyes. "You won't always be there, Chris. I got lucky today. But if you hadn't shown up when you did...," she let the thought trail off, not wanting to think about what might have happened between the Sky Girl hand herself if Chris hadn't shown up.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Voting & Affiliates
RP Lovers 1SW Candyland Couture a resource community Up in Smoke PanemForever HOS Lochland Grove The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay The Arrow UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ruinandrise OHaV Disposable Heroes ACTA Age of Heroes Forge Southern Winds Weyr