plot
application
who's who
face claims
plotting
development
wanted ads
0 days since a Chris Wade death threat
The year is 2150, the month is January. It's a cold, biting winter, but the Arkers were well prepared to face it. Following the eradication of several levels in Mount Weather, the Sky People have returned to Arkadia to resume building a safe place for them to live. Forced to move forward without her daughter, Chancellor Abigail Griffin is taking charge of both Arkers thriving in Arkadia and the few Mountain People that remain in Mount Weather. She is in peaceful relations with the Grounders, and for the two months following the Mount Weather incident, everything has been fine. Little does she know, danger is lurking in unlikely places, and threats from both the Ice Nation and Mount Weather are about to force the progress made to a screeching halt.
female
male
couple
thread
spotlight

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

I Hope You Aren't Too Mad, Gina
Elizabeth Malekova
 Posted: May 6 2017, 01:48 AM
I'm broken and I'm barely breathing. I'm falling cause my heart stopped beating. If this is how it all goes down tonight. If this is how you bring me back to life.
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
Mechanic
Survivor

179 posts

T
he hike and too and from Mount Weather had taken pretty much an entire day, leaving Eliza exhausted by the time she had gotten back to Arkadia. She had quite literally done nothing but went to her living quarters and passed out. Her father had already been asleep and she knew that she would be awake before him in the morning. Only allowing herself enough sleep to not be completely dead on her feet. Her shoulder and ribs throbbed painfully from her little display at Mount Weather. It had been worth it in her mind, but she was paying for it now. The adrenaline had faded long before she had gotten back home. Replaced with nothing but questions and wonder. She understood that Chris and Izzy were hurt and angry because of what had happened. But there had just been something about the way that Chris had threatened her. He had been so sure of himself. Despite the fact that she had quite literally knocked him on his ass only moments earlier.

The truth was that she wasn't afraid of Chris. His threat was nothing but empty words. But just the mere fact that she had been so adamant, it pulled at her. When she had met Chris before he had been completely different. Sweet, caring, this was very different. And frankly she wasn't really sure what he might be capable of. But nothing was definitive and she wasn't going to draw conclusions out of her own feelings. There was no solid evidence that pointed at who had attacked Gina and Raven. But Eliza was pretty confident that their assailant would be discovered sooner or later. You could go around attacking people and stay hidden forever.

When Eliza awoke the next morning her shoulder throbbed even more. With a groan she pulled her sling back over her head. The one she had stopped wearing after a day. She hated the thing. It was too restricting. After splashing some water over her face, she headed towards medical. She wasn't even really sure why. Her last interaction with Gina hadn't exactly ended on a good note. She had literally just made a break for it, knowing that the girl couldn't follow her. But she wanted to check on her still anyway, see how her recovery was coming. It had been two days since their last visit.

Despite what she had told Gina, she had not gone to see Vincent. Things were too difficult between them right now. He needed space and it wasn't fair for her to keep dumping her problems on him day after day. She was a big girl, she needed to deal on her own. But who was she kidding, she wasn't great at dealing. Their tension was mostly her fault, she knew that even if she wouldn't admit it. She had put him into a horrible position, again, and expected him just to do as she wished. It wasn't fair to him for her to keep shoving it in his face that her father was beating her and he couldn't do anything about it. So she had stopped seeing him, had started avoiding him. It was easier that way. Out of sight, out of mind. She didn't have to see the look on his face every time he looked at her. The look that killed her a little inside.

Eliza crossed into medical and scanned the beds before noticing a familiar head of curly hair. She approached quietly and took a seat in the chair near Gina's bed. Clearing her throat softly before speaking "How are you feeling?" she asked. As if the two of them were really friends and she was just concerned. She was just concerned, but they weren't really friends. At least not yet. But she hoped they could be. She was thankful that there was no outward evidence of her altercation with Chris. That wasn't something she wanted to have to explain to Gina.

Gina Martin
PM
^
Gina Martin
 Posted: May 9 2017, 12:07 AM
kef is Online
don't do anything stupidly heroic
application
shipper
wanted
development
21 years old
operations assistant
kind-hearted

345 posts

hello, eliza

tagged: Elizabeth Malekova
notes: oops new template time
Medical was boring. It had gotten really old really fast. Jackson was sweet, but he wasn't much of a conversationalist. Unless, of course, she was asking about her stitches or some other medical procedure. Then he was quite the chatterbox. It was kind of endearing, but she was dying for some actual conversation. Most people didn't really stop in and chat. Gina had to entertain herself with what she could. She'd gotten Wick to bring her some books, but she was going through them like water. She was reading one of them for the second time now.

With the book held open in her left hand, the edge of it supported on her thigh, Gina's eyes moved over the words on the page. It was a book of poetry she'd brought back from Mount Weather not too long ago - she'd given it to Wick on accident, instead of the engineering book she'd actually intended to give to him. It really wasn't all that bad. In fact, Gina actually found she was really enjoying it. It wasn't as good as A Midsummer Night's Dream would have been, but it was doing the trick.

Gina had been so engrossed in the poetry, she hadn't heard the sound of someone approaching. It wasn't until someone cleared their throat gently beside her at Gina pulled her attention away from the book. Closing it around her thumb, she turned her face to look at Eliza as the girl started speaking. A soft smile slid onto Gina's lips as she looked at the girl, glad for the not just the company, but Eliza's company specifically. It was nice to see her, even if she looked a little bit worse for wear.

"I'm doing alright. The pain's a bit much at times, but I've been worse." Her smile was nothing less than genuine as she looked at Eliza. The look on her face made Gina wonder if something was troubling her. If they were back on the Ark, Gina would have liked to believe the girl was too young to have any real problems, but Gina knew the dark horror of Eliza's home life. Not to mention the fact that she'd been sent to the ground - essentially a death sentence - with the rest of the delinquents. On top of all that, she'd been one of the few who'd actually been harvested for bone marrow, but, of course, Gina didn't actually know that part of the story - just that Eliza had been in Mount Weather.

Closing the book completely, Gina set it down in the small space beside her - she didn't want to try to reach the table next to her bed right at that moment. "What about you? How are you feeling? Are you doing alright?" There was honest concern and caring in her voice as she focused her gaze on Eliza's face.

BY MITZI
PMEmail
^
Elizabeth Malekova
 Posted: May 10 2017, 06:03 PM
I'm broken and I'm barely breathing. I'm falling cause my heart stopped beating. If this is how it all goes down tonight. If this is how you bring me back to life.
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
Mechanic
Survivor

179 posts

T
he smile that Gina gave Eliza when she saw her, made a small smile spread across the brunette lips as well. Eliza wasn't used to people actually being that happy to see her. It was nice. She hated that Gina was dealing with being in pain, but kept the frown off of her face. "I'm glad to hear you are recovering" she replied with another small smile. She had never actually had a stab wound herself, but she imagined it would probably take some time to heal at the very least. Being stuck in medical was probably boring as all get out. Eliza would have been going stir crazy by now. She had practically gone crazy after Mount Weather. Waiting anxiously for Jackson to clear her. Vincent had spent most of his spare time visiting with her, so that had helped. But it had still been insanely boring.

The concern in Gina's voice sent a pang of guilt through Eliza. Much like she wasn't used to people being happy to see her, she wasn't used to people caring about her. She had Vincent and Jackson, but she didn't see them constantly. And Jackson was mostly in the dark about her life, because she just couldn't bring herself to tell him. The looks she got from Vincent, from Gina, they were enough. She didn't need more people looking at her like they were afraid she was going to break at any moment. Even though that was probably exactly what was going to happen. "I'm doing fi..." she started, but remembered their conversation the last time she had used the word fine "I'm doing pretty good" she decided on instead "I too, have had worse."

She hadn't been around her father since she had last seen Gina. Mostly because she had spent almost all of that time either traveling to the mountain, being in the mountain, or traveling home from the mountain. Mostly a wasted journey, but one she had felt she needed to make. If anything at least she had learned exactly how much the remaining mountain men hated them.

Eliza shifted her gaze down to the book that Gina had been reading. Desperate to change the subject, like she often was when people wanted to talk about her. "Good book?" she asked curiously. She had never been much of a reader herself, but she could still appreciate some good literature. Reading required too much sitting still, she needed to be constantly moving, or at least tinkering with something. She leaned back in the chair, getting more comfortable. Figuring she could sit and talk with Gina for a little while. As long as the conversation stayed neutral. She didn't want Gina getting worked up or trying to get out of bed like she had last time. At least now Eliza was closer and could reach out and touch Gina if the need arose. "Can I bring you anything?" she asked, wanting to make sure that Gina had everything that she needed at the moment. Happy to fetch something if she needed it.

Gina Martin
PM
^
Gina Martin
 Posted: May 13 2017, 03:32 PM
kef is Online
application
shipper
wanted
development
21 years old
operations assistant
kind-hearted

345 posts

hello, eliza

Worse? Gina felt her brow come together with concern. If Eliza had been in worse shape than this, what kind of shit was she dealing with? There was no doubt about it: if Gina hadn't been confined to this damn bed, she would have already marched right down to wherever Kane was and told him what was going on. This couldn't stand - it shouldn't stand. How anyone could have found out about this abuse and stood idly by while a girl was being beaten was beyond Gina. She had half a mind to call Abby in for a chat and explain the whole situation - but Abby had enough on her plate with heading medical and trying to be the chancellor all at once, which was probably why Gina felt like she rarely saw the woman.

Eliza was wrong in thinking that Gina had ever looked at her as if she were about to break. She looked at her with pity, with sympathy, but not like the girl was a fragile little thing that was going to break at the slightest touch. She had already proved that she wasn't, that she was strong in her own way, despite already being broken.

"You sure you're doing alright?" Her words were laced with caring, with concern for the girl's well-being, her voice soft and gentle. She wanted to reach out a hand to the girl, but she was sitting on Gina's right, the side she'd been stabbed on, and she wasn't up to using that arm's full range of motion quite yet.

The girl commented on the book and Gina chuckled lightly, lifting it with her left hand to glance at it. "It's just poetry. Nothing special." Settling the book back into the space next to her leg, she turned her attention back to Eliza's face. Gina looked at the younger girl with a warm, friendly expression on her face. She liked the girl, wanted the best for her, and she was worried about her, if she was being completely honest. "Honestly, I wish I had a copy of A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was always my favorite. I don't think any of the books we had back on the Ark actually survived the crash back to Earth, unfortunately." She sighed lightly, sadly, dreamily. "And I've yet to have seen one in Mount Weather. I'll ask Maya if they have a copy next time I'm up there." She shrugged with just her left shoulder, as if it really wasn't a big deal.

"Hmm? Oh, no." Gina looked at Eliza, her smile spreading over her lips at the girl's offer. "Thank you, but I'm alright. Your company is more than enough." A quiet chuckle slipped out from her lips as she focused her gaze on Eliza. "So what brings you down to medical today, hmm?" Her hands moved cautiously, smoothing the blanket that was covering most of her body. She wondered what the girl had gotten up to since leaving medical behind just a couple of days ago. Eliza didn't really look any worse for wear, so maybe she hadn't gone back home, maybe she hadn't gotten any more injured thanks to her - well, frankly - villain of a father.

BY MITZI
PMEmail
^
Elizabeth Malekova
 Posted: May 14 2017, 02:02 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
Mechanic
Survivor

179 posts

E
liza wasn't sure if she would ever get used the sound of gentle caring in Gina's voice. It wasn't something she was accustomed to. She had never even heard that kind of tone in her own mother's voice. The only person that had come close to it was probably Vincent. And maybe Jackson. The doctor had always cared and been gentle with her. But Gina knew the truth, that was a huge difference. It was harder to lie to Gina than Eliza would like to admit. Not telling her where she had gone was gnawing at her, but it would only serve to upset Gina and that wasn't productive for anyone. She had left a note, but had left it purposefully on Gina's work station knowing that the girl wouldn't get it. She had retrieved the note already and disposed of it.

Shifting her gaze from Gina for a moment the brunette nodded. "I'm sure. I would say don't worry, but we both know you will" she replied with a teasing laugh. She meant no malice with the comment, it was just the truth. She was only a little worse for wear really. She didn't think she had done too much damage with her little stunt. At least not anything that would heal with the rest of her. Her eyes came back to Gina and rested there, her face taking on a more serious expression "I know what you are really asking. And I haven't seen him. I have spent most of my time away from the living quarters" she explained. It was the truth. She hadn't been home. Except to sleep for a couple of hours. She just didn't explain where she had been. She very easily could have just been spending time in the mechanic's area, or with Vincent for all Gina knew.

Eliza listened as Gina explained the book a little and commented that it was nothing compared to her favorite. It wasn't anything that Eliza knew much about but she still nodded anyway. Letting the other girl know that she was indeed listening and could understand that the book was okay, but not amazing. At the mention of the mountain, and Gina going back there, Eliza stiffened. The idea of Gina back in that mountain didn't sit well with Eliza. Especially after what had just happened with Chris and Izzy. It was more than clear that things were tense in there. The people were tense. And Eliza wasn't sure what lengths they would go to. Chris had told her to tell her people to stay out, to leave the mountain alone, he had threatened her life if she upset Izzy again.

She choked down the lump in her throat and forced a smile "That's a shame that you don't have your favorite. I hope you find it" she commented, chewing on her lip for a moment. "Please don't go to the mountain alone if you do go back Gina. Take someone from the guard with you, anyone. Just don't go alone or with someone that isn't trained in defense" she asked the girl, almost pleaded. The idea of Gina, of anyone honestly, going into the mountain alone made Eliza feel sick. She didn't want to watch anymore of her friends get hurt. And she had promised Chris that if any more of her friends came back injured, she was coming back and she would get answers one way or another. No matter what it took.

A quirk of a smile flickered across Eliza's lips at Gina's words. It was nice to have someone look forward to seeing you. "Honestly I just came to see you. I know out last meeting didn't end on the best of terms and I was hoping you wouldn't hold a grudge or be too mad at me for it" she replied with a small chuckle. She wasn't actually one hundred percent sure why she was in medical right now. But she had felt like she needed to see Gina. Just to make sure she was still okay. To make sure that she was still there, recovering and safe. The mountain had rattled Eliza, even if she wouldn't admit it. The words that Izzy had spat at her still reverberated in her mind still. You're a monster. She had brushed the words off when they had been said, but they had affected her.

Gina Martin
PM
^
Gina Martin
 Posted: May 18 2017, 05:32 PM
kef is Online
application
shipper
wanted
development
21 years old
operations assistant
kind-hearted

345 posts

hello, eliza

Gina let out a soft hum of laughter. It was true: she would worry. She was good at worrying, especially when it came to other people. Even more so when it was people she actually knew and cared about. Her gaze settled on her lap for a moment before turning back to Eliza, listening. "Have you slept? They keep telling me that sleeping is important for healing." There was the concern again, as if Gina might be responsible for keeping an eye on this girl. It had only been a couple days, but Gina wondered if she would need to remind Eliza that the bed in Gina's quarters was currently going unused. With Gina in medical and Bellamy, hopefully still alive, in Azgeda, the room was empty.

It was really sweet of Eliza, the way she hoped Gina would get her hands on a copy of her favorite book. Too bad it was probably impossible. If there wasn't a copy at Mount Weather, it was probably lost forever. Gina was still thinking about A Midsummer Night's Dream when Eliza spoke up again, pulling Gina from her reverie.

With a confused look on her face, she listened to Eliza's plea. Then she laughed. Lightly, so as to keep from hurting herself, but she was laughing. A smile was spreading across her face. "You sound just like everyone else. Always asking that I bring a guard with me." She shook her head a few times, amused. Gina was pretty sure she could take care of herself in most situations. Aside from the whole not actually knowing how to fight and being a terrible shot. Okay, so maybe she wasn't actually all that great at taking care of herself in actually dire circumstances, but it wasn't like they happened all that often. "I usually have a guard with me, if that makes you feel better. Two in most cases. I make them carry the boxes of engineering supplies and scrap metals." She gave Eliza a cheeky smile as she explained what her trips to Mount Weather typically consisted of.

"Besides, I don't think the Grounders hang around Mount Weather all that often. Raven and I...well, we just got unlucky." Whether she was trying to assuage her own fears or Eliza's wasn't clear, but Gina didn't show any outward signs of her own fears. Fear or not, she was going to have to head back to Mount Weather eventually. Supplies were needed, and she was the only one with enough time on her hands to go and get them. Plus she was pretty sure she was getting better at talking to and dealing with the Mountain People. Things were still tense, sure, but she was pretty sure she had Chris had come to some kind of understanding that day. Maybe she could limit the things she took, make it more fair for the people of the Mountain. Even if she would stand by Bellamy's decision no matter what, she still felt for the people living there. She knew what it was like to lose loved ones when a leader thought there was no other way.

As she looked at Eliza, Gina couldn't ignore the way it seemed like the girl had almost actually smiled. It was nice. She was a pretty girl, that was for sure, but she would be absolutely beautiful if she just smiled. "Oh, believe me. I can hold a grudge like no one else," she teased lightly. It was true, though, if Gina wanted to hold a grudge, she could do so for years - possibly for the rest of her life if she wanted to. In this case, however, there was no grudge to be held. "You've got nothing to worry about, though." Had she not known about Eliza's past, Gina might have wondered why Eliza had been concerned that Gina had been upset. Seeing as she did know, however, Gina didn't question the girl's thinking, chalking it up to years of abuse.

BY MITZI
PMEmail
^
Elizabeth Malekova
 Posted: May 19 2017, 01:45 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
Mechanic
Survivor

179 posts

A
small nod came from Eliza in response to Gina. She could sense the concern in Gina's tone, in her look. It was too much concern. Way more than she should feel for someone like Eliza. Gina should be focused on her own healing, not worrying about if Eliza was sleeping, or healing like she should. Injuries like this were just a part of Eliza's life, they had been for as long as she could remember. It had become a sort of normal for her. The year plus that she had spent in the Sky Box and then on the ground had been so different. In the Sky Box she had experienced a healed body for the first time in a long time. On the ground she had been injured but it had been different, mostly.

"Uh, yeah. I slept for a few hours last night while..." she cut off, clearing her throat "while, my umm, while my dad was passed out" she forced out. Her eyes pulled away from Gina, picking at the hem of her shirt for a moment. It was still hard for her to talk about it at all, even though Gina knew the truth. She might know the truth, but she didn't know what it all entailed. She didn't know who Eliza really was, what was going on in her mind. If she did, she would only feel even more concerned and Eliza didn't want that. "I'm handling it" she added, her eyes pulling back to Gina's face. It was a lie, a horrible lie. She wasn't handling anything. She was simply running from it. Again. Like she always did. Pretending it didn't exist until it went away. Only it never went away.

Eliza felt a tight pinching in her chest as Gina talked about going to the mountain and what she gathered when she was there. Izzy's words flashed in her mind. About how her people had already taken so much from them and still they were taking. She had to of meant supplies. She had been upset that the Sky People were just taking what they wanted. It was understandable, but Eliza just had an uneasy feeling that she couldn't explain or force away. It had been nagging at her since her trip to Mount Weather. "That's because I, like everyone else, am worried about not just you but anyone venturing out alone. I don't want to see any more of my friends hurt" she replied, a frown on her face. Eyebrows crinkling together. Eliza didn't have all that many friends, which made her feel fiercely protective of the ones that she did have.

At Gina's next statement, Eliza couldn't help the word that slipped from her mouth "Unlucky" she repeated under her breath. Shaking her head softly. It was fair to assume that it had been a Grounder that had attacked them, but Eliza wasn't completely sold on that idea. Not after how aggressive Chris had been, not after how angry and upset Izzy had been. Before she could stop herself she looked at Gina, with a serious expression on her face, "I am not convinced that it was a Grounder that attacked you guys" she blurted out. Snapping her lips shut directly after and pinching the bridge of her nose with her good hand.

It wasn't that she was accusing Chris of anything. Because she had no proof. But there had been something about the way he had threatened her. Even after she had quite literally laid him out on his ass. He had sounded so sure that he could take her down if he wanted to. People don't sound that sure in their threats unless they are willing to follow through. But there was no way to explain what she was thinking, what she was feeling, without telling Gina that she had gone to the mountain. That she had literally done the exact opposite of what any doctor would have ordered her to do.

This was made even harder because Eliza wasn't one hundred percent certain that she didn't have her own biases towards the mountain and the people inside of it. She wasn't completely sure that she wasn't looking for demons because of what had happened to her there. Even if she wouldn't admit it, there was a piece of her that had been completely shattered in that mountain. Putting on a tough face was easy, but actually being tough wasn't. The brunette felt like she was constantly walking around in a state of fragility. Like one wrong blow might completely destroy her. But what would happen at hat point wasn't something she could predict. Sometimes it felt like one wrong move and her sanity would go out the window.

She appreciated it though when Gina reassured her that she had nothing to worry about. Eliza spent a lot of her time around people, being constantly hyper aware of whether she was actually wanted there or not. Never wanting to push her presence on someone for too long. Afraid that she might make them mad, make them hate her too. "Thanks for that. I would hate to be on bad terms with you" she replied with a forced smile. Unable to override the anxiety bubbling inside of her.

OOC: I feel like this is horrible and disjointed. Let me know if it doesn't make sense!

Gina Martin
PM
^
Gina Martin
 Posted: May 23 2017, 12:47 PM
kef is Online
application
shipper
wanted
development
21 years old
operations assistant
kind-hearted

345 posts

hello, eliza

"Handling it, huh?" Gina quirked an eyebrow upwards. She wondered if Eliza was handling it in the same way that she was fine. She wasn't trying to press the girl too much - she didn't want Eliza to get overly annoyed and just leave like she had last time - but she worried about Eliza, especially now that she knew she hadn't taken a tumble down a hill, which had seemed a long shot in the first place. Really, though, Eliza just didn't seem adept at handling anything from the small pieces of information Gina had pulled from the girl.

A small smile tugged at Gina's lips when the girl called her a friend. They had only really met once. Gina had known of Eliza before a couple of days ago, but when the girl had come in with her injuries, that was the first time they had really interacted. It was nice, though, to know that this girl was so quick to think of Gina as a friend. It meant more than Eliza probably knew. "You shouldn't worry yourself too much. It's rare that anyone leaves Arkadia on their own. And with the attack at Mount Weather, chances are the guard's going to double." There was only one person Gina could think of that might even try to leave Arkadia on their own: Octavia Blake.

It occurred to Gina that she hadn't seen Octavia in some time - wasn't she supposed to be in medical after her accident? She would make a point to ask Jackson the next time he checked on her. There was a rock of worry sitting in her stomach now as she pushed the thoughts away to focus on the girl sitting next to her. "Eliza, you weren't there. You didn't see the attacker." Gina tried to keep her voice soft, calm, but the fear that those memories stirred up came through, along with, perhaps, just a tiny bit of irritation. "There's no one else it could have been," she stated simply, hoping that was the end of that. She didn't need Eliza to go off and try to find the attacker - she'd likely only wind up getting herself injured in the process.

Gina had turned her gaze away from Eliza, her face drawn, her usual smile missing. Talking about the attack was far from her favorite thing to do. It gave her more than enough in the way of nightmares, she didn't need it to plague her while she was awake, too.

Slowly, Gina turned her gaze back to Eliza as the girl spoke. The hard expression on her face softened slightly, her brow coming together sympathetically. This girl had been through so much, and she was worried about being on bad terms with someone like Gina? Gina was nothing special, nothing to be worried over. Besides, it wasn't exactly easy to wind up on Gina's bad side. She was more than a little forgiving. "You'd have to try a lot harder than that to get on my bad side."

BY MITZI

PMEmail
^
Elizabeth Malekova
 Posted: May 24 2017, 06:35 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
17 years old
Mechanic
Survivor

179 posts

E
liza simply nodded at Gina. She was handling it. The same way she had been handling it for the last twelve years. Doing this was something she had done for most of her life. Maybe it wasn't the right way to handle it, but it was the only way that she knew how. "I've been doing this for a long time. If I could handle it when I was five, I can handle it now" she sighed softly. Only realizing after she had said it that she had never told Gina just how long the abuse had been going on for. She cringed inwardly, but it was already said and she couldn't take it back.

She knew that it should make her feel better. Gina's words. But they did little to ease her anxiety that had bubbled up inside of her. Doubling the guard was good, making sure no one left alone was good too. At least when it came to going to Mount Weather. "Good" was all that she said in response though. Her mind couldn't formulate anything better to say. There wasn't a better response at the moment. It was good. That was it. Eliza's looked away from Gina distractedly. Her own mind milling through the emotions and thoughts that were jumbled there. Trying to organize them into something resembling coherence.

But her eyes found Gina once more at the older girl's next words. Eliza hadn't been there. She knew that. She didn't know for sure what had or hadn't happened. She didn't know who exactly as responsible. But she just had a feeling in the pit of stomach that it wasn't a grounder. That a grounder would have been too obvious. Blaming a grounder was the easy answer. It made the most sense. But that was exactly why Eliza questioned it. Because what if whoever had attacked just wanted it to seem like it had been a grounder. To make the sky people look to the wrong place for blame. To make them lower their guard around the mountain men themselves. They had suits, it wasn't like they couldn't go outside. Or maybe someone left was cured. The possibility was there and because of that Eliza just couldn't let it go.

"You're right. I wasn't there" she replied. Taking a deep breath, or as deep as she could without it hurting, before releasing it again. She didn't want to make Gina mad again, but she felt like she couldn't just keep this to herself. Because what if she did and someone else got hurt? It would be her fault. Maybe it meant nothing, but just in case it did. "I just...the people left in the mountain are angry with us. They don't want us there" she started, hesitantly. Running her hand that wasn't in the sling over her face. "I went there Gina. I know I shouldn't have. But I did. Yesterday" sh continued "I ran into a couple of people and they were less than happy to see me there. One of them threatened me, told me to tell my people to leave them alone. To stop taking what little they had left, to stay out of the mountain. Told me that if I came back, if I upset them again, he would end me."

The words were harder to force out than she had thought they would be. She specifically didn't name names. Not yet. She wasn't going to blacklist Izzy and Chris just like that. But she wanted to at least see if Gina thought that the threat was worth taking seriously. Maybe she was just overreacting. Maybe it wasn't a big deal. Or maybe it was a clue and they shouldn't brush it off so lightly. What if Chris wasn't lying, what if the next person that went to Mount Weather was attacked too? Or killed? How many of them would have to die before the threat was taken seriously?

Eliza felt like shit for bringing this all up. For making Gina relive a day that she knew the girl didn't want to think about. She wrestled with herself internally. Chastising herself for even saying anything, for even bringing it up. "Look, Gina, I'm sorry. I shouldn't expect you to talk about this. I shouldn't have come to you" she sighed softly. Leaning her head back against the chair. This run in with Chris had rattled her more than she had been willing to admit. It wasn't until she had gotten far from the mountain that she had let it set in that Chris could have fought back and that even though she talked a big game, she may not have actually won that fight. It had been stupid to confront him like that. But she wasn't known for being a thinker when it came to situations like that. Eliza hadn't come here to make Gina feel worse again, but it seemed like that was what happened everywhere she went.

Gina Martin
PM
^
Gina Martin
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:30 pm
kef is Online
application
shipper
wanted
development
21 years old
operations assistant
kind-hearted

345 posts

hello, eliza

Since she was five years old. That didn't really sound like "handling it" to Gina. That sounded a lot more like avoiding it. Avoiding and handling were two very different things. It seemed that Eliza defined them the same, though. Her lips curved downwards, a frown dominating her features as she looked at Eliza. The last time Jackson had come to check on her, he had been far too busy, and she had been in far too much pain to even remember, to tell him about what was happening to Eliza. It wasn't fair that she had to deal with such hardship. How had she gone for so long without someone caring enough to say something and get her father...well, floated.

Gina didn't look at Eliza as she spoke. She inhaled slowly, deeply, through her nose. Eliza had gone to the mountain. As the news reached her ears, Gina closed her eyes, as if it might change the reality of the situation. It wouldn't. It was difficult, really difficult, to keep her generally calm, peaceful demeanor. Gina opened her eyes, turning her head further to the left, further away from the girl who had come to visit her. "Yes, Eliza, they are angry. We decimated their civilization; killed their friends, their families...," she spoke quietly, her words careful and tight, irritation slipping into her tone easily. "Do you think you would feel any less bitter and angry if you were in their position?"

Finally, she turned her gaze back to Eliza's face, her movement careful so she didn't wind up hurting herself again somehow. "Did you go out alone?" The words came out with a sigh of disappointment that almost managed to make Gina sound like a mother scolding a child. The way she saw it, the people of the Mountain had every right to be aggressive - it wasn't ideal, but she could understand it. That man she'd met at Mount Weather hadn't been exactly kind or welcoming, but she could never imagine him trying to kill her or Raven.

Pain and fear moved over Gina's face as she looked at Eliza, trying to push the memories away as best she could. It wasn't easy, thinking about the attack - hell, she still had nightmares in which she could still keenly feel the blade slicing through her skin, sliding into her body.

She sighed softly, wishing Eliza had sat on the other side of her where she might have been able to reach out a gentle hand to her. "Eliza, no. You...you can come to me with anything." She didn't want Eliza to run off or think that Gina wasn't willing to listen to anything she had to say. "Really, I don't mind."

BY MITZI

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Voting & Affiliates
RP Lovers The 100 Role Play 1SW Candyland Couture a resource community Up in Smoke PanemForever HOS Lochland Grove The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay So Devoid of Color The Arrow Justice League United UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ruinandrise OHaV Disposable Heroes ACTA Age of Heroes Forge Southern Winds Weyr