plot
application
who's who
face claims
plotting
development
wanted ads
0 days since a Chris Wade death threat
The year is 2150, the month is February. The winter is getting colder, and the Arkers are nowhere near prepared for the harsh winter, especially not now that their supply runs to Mount Weather have become completely nonexistent. Despite the lack of Arker presence in the mountain, the tensions have not died down, and with the return of one of Mount Weather's missing residents, revenge on the Sky People will be top priority. In Arkadia, following the damage Clarke and the others caused in Azgeda, Chancellor Griffin and the Guard must begin taking action to prepare for a war with the Ice Nation that is well on its way. Little do they know, the war has already begun with the arrival of a certain Azgedan spy, and what lies ahead is far worse than anything they have faced yet.
female
male
couple
thread
spotlight

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

want you gone, //tag Chris Wade
Echo
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 01:35 AM
I am slow to anger, but I toe the line
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

316 posts

Stars are only visible in darkness ,
Fear is ever-changing and evolving.
The days in Azgeda were passing slowly. No one was getting information from their prisoners on the whereabouts of Wanheda. Even the joy Echo used to get just by sitting near her queen felt less somehow. Perhaps it was the thought that some of those Mountain Men had lived. Sure, the Grounders might have abandoned Skaikru there to fend for themselves, but it had been said that Wanheda had destroyed them. That is, until word got 'roud that they weren't all actually dead. A few had been left alive. Was this some sort of cruel torture? Or had it been intended as mercy. Echo couldn't tell, but she hoped it was the torture - that those few Mountain Men would live knowing that they were the last of their kind. And yet it still sat poorly in her stomach. She wanted them all dead. Every. Last. One.

Echo picked up the knife she had been fiddling with and tossed it across the room where it embedded into a wooden pole. Her dark eyes glistened with the thought of revenge as she picked herself up and turned to Queen Nia. "My Queen, if you'll excuse my absence a few days, I'm going to try to gather more information on Skaikru." There was no pleading in her voice, just a simple statement. Standing with her chin raised, she waited for Nia to acknowledge her. It was a matter of moments that she waited before Nia acquiesced. The corner of Echo's mouth tugged upwards into a smile as she bowed slightly before turning to leave, pulling her thrown knife from the wooden pole as she exited.

It hadn't been a lie, exactly. Echo intended on looking for Wanheda while she ventured out of Azgeda, hoping to find some more Skaikru she could return home with as bait. But first, she needed to make a stop at Mount Weather. Though the thought of returning sent a shiver down her spine, she wanted her revenge. She wanted them dead. All of them. There had been whispers that Mount Weather had a self-destruct mechanism, and Echo fully intended to find that mechanism and blow the whole place to Hell, and she only marginally cared if it took her with it.

As she came over the mountain, to the entrance, Echo watched a number of people moving back and forth. Skaikru. She recognized them by their attire. Her face twitched as a sneer tried it's hardest to scrunch up her face. But she kept her face calm. Just as she was about to make her move forward, a woman with curly hair stepped out of the entrance. Someone called the woman's name - Gina - and she waved at them, said something Echo couldn't quite hear. Watching the Skaikru people carefully, Echo moved silently closer and closer. It wasn't long before she was waiting beside the entrance, watching carefully for the right moment to move. The curly-haired woman moved away from the door, shouting something about produce at someone further up that Echo couldn't see. But the coast seemed clear, and so she moved forward, all but launching herself into Mount Weather.

Being inside gave her the chills. It reminded her only of being strung up like an animal and drained. Her anger, coiled and ready to strike like a cobra, sat in her chest, waiting for the right moment. Echo moved silently through the corridors, searching for something that looked like it might be what she was looking for. She came to an important looking room - the doors and the wall surrounding it were all glass with a strange sort of symbol - and brushed her dirt-stained fingertips over the door handle. Just as she tried to push it open, a sound at the end of the hall caught her attention. Her jolted her head to the left, but upon turning her head, she saw nothing. She didn't hear the man coming up behind her from the other end of the hall - the blood was pounding in her ears far too loudly for that.

Chris Wade ; let me know if this doesn't work <3©
PMEmail
^
Chris Wade
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 01:50 PM
All my life, I played like a winner. All I see looking back in the mirror are demons in my head.
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Kindergarten Teacher
Leader

81 posts

It seems impossible
for me to let this go
Chris couldn't stop thinking about what had happened with the Sky girl. The entire ride in the elevator, all he could see was that look of remorse she'd worn, and all he could hear was her words echoing in his mind: "I'm sorry." He still couldn't decide whether she'd meant those words, or if she'd just been using them to get to him, but either way, it had worked. All he'd ever wanted from those monsters was an apology, and although getting one didn't change anything, something about hearing it had eased his mind. If one of them was sorry, that meant that not all of them were bad, and he would have to be more selective about who he killed. He wasn't like them, and he wasn't going to kill the innocent - just the ones who deserved it, the ones who had contributed to his people's demise.

He'd decided not to take the box of supplies to medical, not right away. He would put it somewhere no one would think to look for medical supplies, President Wallace's old office, then he would give it a few days before putting the supplies where they truly belonged. If the Sky girl still wanted them, she would have to find them, and he was going to make sure she didn't.

Chris strode through the hallway, remembering the countless times he himself had walked the long stretch to the president's office, remembering the times he'd seen Clarke do the same. It was scary sometimes, thinking about how much had changed in only a short period of time. Before, he would hear the echoes of squealing kids as they ran about the mountain, kicking soccer balls and singing songs. Before, he would find his coworkers smiling at the children as they played, drinking orange juice or coffee or talking about the latest painting the president had put up. Before, Chris had felt whole, as if there was nothing missing from his life, as if he could stay exactly where he was, pause time, and remain content with everything he had. That was back when things had been perfect.

But then he'd met a stupid girl from space, and he had made the deadly mistake of trusting her. He had let her get too close - he was too trusting, too foolish back then - and in return, she had destroyed almost everyone he loved. He almost hoped he never saw her again - doing so would bring back too much pain - but another part of him hoped she would come right back to this place, so he could make her feel everything he'd felt the day his friends and family had been murdered. He hoped he could make her have to look at the lifeless bodies of the people she cared about, have to pick them up from where they had once been fine and dispose of them all, the way he had been forced to. But his pain was minute in comparison to what other people were going through, and he wanted to make sure the Sky people got what they deserved in repayment for all of the pain they had caused inside the mountain.

His knuckles were white as he carried the box through the hallway, and he had almost reached President Wallace's office when he spotted someone up ahead. It was a woman, and he couldn't see her face, but he could see the long, brown hair that flowed down her back. She was standing in front of the door to the office, looking away from him, and he wasn't sure he recognized her. "Hey-" he began, thinking that perhaps it was one of his people, grieving the loss of their president as many of them had, but upon stepping closer, he realized there was no way it was one of his people. None of them dressed like that. This woman was an outsider.

At his realization, Chris stopped dead in his tracks, holding the box in his hands, his heart pounding in his chest. He knew he needed to do something, to stop her, to go get help or inform someone that a Grounder had gotten inside somehow, but what would anyone do? There were only thirty of them left, and some of those were children. Besides, he couldn't put them through anymore panic than they'd already been through, and if he left now, there was no telling where the woman would hide in the mountain. He would have to handle this himself, but he was frozen in place, waiting for her to make a move, and he had no idea what to do next.

For Echo
I hope this was okay!
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 03:17 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

316 posts

Echo was poised to attack, but there was nothing. A frown on her face, her heart pumping twice as fast as usual, she turned back to the door of the glass wall. Once she did, she paused. Something was in her peripheral, something that wasn't there before. Adopting the same slow motions she would have had she been hunting an animal in the wild, Echo turned her head until Chris was in her full view. She stood there, staring at him, as he stood staring at her. It felt like they stood there, staring, for hours, Echo's heart pounding in her chest, blood rushing in her ears. If she was going to destroy Mount Weather, and the rest of the Mountain Men, she needed to act quickly. She would need to take this guys out, or convince him to assist her in blowing Mount Weather off the map. And she could be pretty persuasive, especially with a knife in her hand.

Chancing movement, Echo pushed her foot back, turning her body towards the man who was now her prey. Her body sat there, coiled, ready to pounce, a sneer on her face, her eyes wide. Thoughts flitted in and out of Echo's mind. She would need to silence him quickly, before he could alert any others to her presence. Once he was silenced, then she could use him. It would be best to drag him into the glass-walled room. At least there, she could avoid anyone who happened through the corridor. There, she could convince this man to help her destroy the mountain. A fitting end for someone like him, for a Mountain Man.

Launching herself forward, Echo all but pounced on the Mountain Man standing ahead of her, swatting at the box he held in his hands to knock it away. As she did so, her left hand searched her hip for her knife. She had opted to leave her sword, not wanting it to become a burden as she tried to sneak through the mountain. Her fingers found purchase around the handle of the knife at her hip - just one of several she had on her person, but only one of them was poisoned, and she was saving that one.

With her right hand, Echo reached to covered the Mountain Man's mouth. Clamping down with a strength that didn't seem like a woman of her size or build would have, she pushed her knife against the tender flesh of Chris's throat,. With the back of his hand pressed to her chest, she pulled him forcefully backwards, closer to the door that, fortunately appeared to open inwards. Her eyes darted back and forth, from one end of the hallway to the other. If anyone else saw her, she would have to kill the one she had in her grasp immediately so she could catch the next one. As luck would have it, no one else came through the corridor before Echo managed to drag her captive into the room with the glass wall.

Once in the room, Echo dragged Chris towards the desk that dominated the room. This Mountain Man was a decent amount bigger than her, but she was strong, only struggling a little against him. Behind the desk, Echo shoved the man harshly into the chair that sat there, abandoned.Knife still against his throat, she brought her foot up and pushed it hard against his gut to keep him from trying to get up. With her hand still clamped firmly over his mouth, she leaned forward and hissed, "You call for help, and you will die with that sound on your lips." She used his language, knowing that threatening him in her own would do no good.

Chris Wade ; ahhhhh Echo's intense ©
PMEmail
^
Chris Wade
 Posted: Feb 13 2017, 07:53 PM
All my life, I played like a winner. All I see looking back in the mirror are demons in my head.
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Kindergarten Teacher
Leader

81 posts

It seems impossible
for me to let this go
Chris had expected the outsider to make the first move, but he hadn't expected her to be so quick about it. In an instant, the box had been knocked out of his hands, falling to the floor, its contents littering the hallway around them. So much for keeping the medical supplies safe. He was going to do something, anything he could think of, to defend himself against whatever attack was coming next, but she was faster and (surprisingly) stronger than him, and he never stood a chance.

Her hand was tight against his mouth, and he tried to pull away when he felt the cool blade of a knife at his throat, but it was no use; she was already pulling him into the president's office, and he knew even if he screamed, no one would hear his cry for help now.

He tried to pull away as they entered the room - if he could just get away from her, he could get help - but it was no use. She was much stronger than him, and with a knife still pressed to his throat, there was only so much he could do. She shoved him into the chair, and his eyes were wide as he stared up her, taking in her appearance for the first time up close. It was clear she was one of the outsiders, perhaps one of them who had been trapped in Mount Weather, judging by the bloodthirsty look in her eyes and the way she demanded control of this situation.

Her expression was cold, ruthless, and it was then when he realized that it was likely she was here for revenge for her people. He couldn't say he blamed her. Had he not been contemplating the same thing for the Sky People only moments before? If she was here to kill them, she had every right, but that didn't mean he could let that happen. There were only thirty people left in Mount Weather, some of them children. Chris was trying to decide how many other people she could kill if she killed him now, and he started to stand up, but then her foot was pressing into his stomach, and he could feel all of the air leaving him in a whoosh.

He sat back against the chair, panic in his eyes as he took in deep breaths through his nose. The outsider's instructions were clear: He couldn't call for help, not that he would want to right now, anyway, with this unpredictable Grounder holding a blade to his neck. He swallowed and nodded up at her, trying to decide how he was going to get out of this. Didn't President Wallace have a sword in this room somewhere? Maybe if he could get to it, he could get out of this, but even moving from the chair would be a feat at this point.

But Chris was stubborn, and he didn't like to lose, especially not at the price of his people's lives. Even if he died here today, at least he would have bought them some time to realize there was an outsider in the mountain. If he could just distract her for a little while longer, someone would find them; he was sure of it.

The woman was leaning over him, and he kept his eyes locked on hers (he didn't have to fake the fear in them). Shifting his weight in the chair, he swung his leg out forward, making sure it collided with the knee of her foot still on the ground. It wasn't much, but it was enough to loosen her grip on the knife and on his mouth for a moment, and he took it, leaping out of the chair and tackling her to the ground. "Hey! There's an outsider in here!" he was yelling, but he knew no one would come right away. Not too many people felt comfortable going near President Wallace's office yet, much less walking into it.

Now that he had the woman in his grasp, though, he wasn't sure what to do. He didn't want to kill her here, not after all of the death his people had already witnessed, but if he didn't, she would kill him. He held her arms down on the floor, brown eyes desperate as he watched her face. "Please. Whatever you're here for, I can help you. I don't want to fight." He knew some of the Grounders were kind, but that didn't mean this one was willing to negotiate. "I mean you no harm."

For Echo
I hope this is okay >.>
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Feb 13 2017, 09:00 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

316 posts

Echo didn't know if the catch was so easy because her prey was weak or because she had been fast enough to catch him off guard. He hardly even tried to put up much of a fight before she had him in the glass-walled room. Something about this room made the tiny hairs on the back of her neck stand up, as if the ghosts of the past were watching her as she dragged her prey behind the desk.

A look of disgust and hatred seemed to be seared into her features as she looked down at the Mountain Man. But she reveled in the fear she saw in his eyes. It was the same fear that was rolling off his skin in waves - she could smell it, and it was at least three times more potent this close to him. He nodded, showing he understood her. Good. Then he could live another minute, or perhaps two. The force of her hand over his mouth slackened just noticeably before twitching when she realized what was happening.

Something had hit her knee, sending her off balance, which gave her prey the second he needed to force her to the ground. The knife slipped from her fingers and slid against the floor before stopping just a short distance from the chair the Mountain Man had been confined to only moments earlier. Glaring up at the man, Echo did her best to control herself, refusing to make a sound aside from the "Oof," he had drawn out of her when he'd tackled her. With her arms pinned, she glared at the man, now hovering over her. How dare he. Echo made a decision in that moment: This one would be the last one to die; she would make sure he got to watch her bleed every last one of the Mountain Men dry before she tortured him to his end.

His words were like a sick joke. He meant her no harm? Then why had his people kidnapped her and hers to hang them upside down and steal their blood? Echo sneered as she pushed her head forward slightly to give her spit enough momentum to hit this man in the face. He was hardly deserving of her spit, let alone her words.

Making a show of it, Echo tried to free herself, struggling uselessly against the grip he had on her. Really, though, she was trying to find where his hold was weakest, where she could throw her weight to get herself out of his grip. As she struggled, she eyed the distance between his face and hers. He was just within range. Inhaling sharply, she swung her head up as quickly and as ferociously as she could and smacked her head into his forcefully. Seeing as how this was not the first time she had done such a thing, she was prepared for the impact, she was ready for the pain and the shock. She doubted he would be, and as soon as he was reeling, she pushed him away and turned the tables once again.

Sitting on the Mountain Man's chest, she pinned his arms to his body and the ground with her legs. This allowed her the complete use of her hands, which was necessary as she grabbed another knife from her belt, the other one too far for her to reach without losing control over her prey.

The new knife against his skin, Echo sneered down at him. She pressed into the blade, watching as blood began to bead around the tip of the knife. She eyed him, repulsion on her face, mingling with the sneer. "You want to help me? Show me how to set off the self-destruct in this...," unable to find a word strong enough for her hatred of Mount Weather and its people, she spat on the floor, just to the side of the man's head. "This joken geda. This place of death." Still, the words were not strong enough to show her animosity.

Chris Wade ; help me kill all your friends <3 ©
PMEmail
^
Chris Wade
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 02:40 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Kindergarten Teacher
Leader

81 posts

It seems impossible
for me to let this go
Her spit connected with his face to spite him, and Chris' first instinct was to wipe the saliva from his face, but instead, he forced himself to remain focused, pressing down on her arms to keep her pinned beneath him. He knew the outsiders hated his people for what had been done to them; he'd known that they, too, would want revenge once they were free, but not everyone was to blame. There were so many of his people who had been against the draining of the Grounders, but how could he convince her of that when her people had spent months, years, locked up in cages and disposed of once they had proved their usefulness?

Chris had expected her to struggle beneath him, to try and escape his grasp, and she was putting up less of a fight than he'd imagined she would have when suddenly, her head swung up toward his and their skulls collided. Chris' head was pounding as he fell back, trying to make sense of his surroundings but unable to do that as the world spun around him. Before he could regain his bearings, the woman was on top of him, her blade pressing into his cheek. He hissed at the pain, squirming beneath her legs. She wanted to set off the self destruct in Mount Weather. She wanted to destroy every last one of them, eliminate them all in a single moment.

His gaze was desperate as he stared up at her, and the emotion crept onto his face without him meaning for it to. She couldn't destroy them all. There were only thirty of them left, and they were all miserable. Why would she want to end their lives, too? These were the last of his people. Surviving each day was a struggle for them now more than ever. Why wasn't she satisfied with the fact that hundreds of them had already died at the hands of Clarke and the others? Hadn't they more than paid their price for what they had been doing?

She spat next to his head, and he was just thankful it hadn't been in his face again. "Please." Anyone who knew anything about Chris Wade knew that he had never begged for anything in his life, but this was different. This was his home; these were his people. He couldn't just help this woman destroy them all. He hadn't sacrificed so much to never get to avenge those he'd lost. He hadn't protected those still alive just to assist a Grounder in taking their lives. "I'll do anything you want, just . . . not that." He knew she didn't care. He knew she was enjoying watching him plead with her, watching his agony.

None of this was going to save his people. He was going to have to pull it together. "Wait." He took a deep breath to calm his nerves. "You want what I want. You know the Sky People, yeah? You want to destroy them, don't you? We have that in common. I can help you."

For Echo
come on, let's go be psychos together.
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 03:19 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

316 posts

The desperation on his features was laughable. Had she not been allowing her rage to consume her every breath, Echo might even have actually laughed at the man pinned beneath her. Instead she sneered, her knife biting his skin, blood racing to break free of the confines of his body. He pleaded, Echo scoffed. He would do anything to preserve his own life. Except assist her in slaughtering his own people. Ridiculous. Couldn't he see how good a deal he would get if he helped her? He would get to live... slightly longer than the rest of the Mountain Men.

Echo felt her fingers twitch, her desire to slit his throat here and now so strong, pumping through her veins with vigor. But she stayed her hand, letting the pressure of the knife against the tender flesh of his neck lessen as she listened to his words. Narrowing her eyes, she examined him closely, looking for any hint of a lie on his face. Finding nothing but sincerity, Echo pulled the knife back from his throat, flipped it around expertly in her hand, sending a drop of blood flying onto the man's cheek, and stuck it back into the holster at her hip. Still she kept him pinned to the ground, her chin tilting upwards as she looked down her nose at him, distaste more than evident on her face.

"Do you have information about Wanheda?" It was less of a question and more of a demand. Yes, her people wanted Skaikru gone, but first they needed Wanheda. Queen Nia needed to behead her and take her power. Echo let her mind explore as she glared down at her captive, waiting for him to give her something that would prove him useful to her, something that would spare his life for longer than a few minutes. It would be prudent for her to take this man up on his offer - provided he could actually deliver and wasn't just saying things to save his life. Skaikru was the bigger threat. In reality, the Mountain Men weren't even a threat any longer. Echo wondered what her queen might say to such an alliance as the one this man was proposing.

If Azgeda took control of Skaikru, nothing would stand in their way: they would be an unstoppable force. Hand hovering over the knife she had only just put away, she stared at the man with distrust in her eyes. "Prove to me that I can believe you." He would have to give her something more than just information about Skaikru if he wanted Echo to believe that he wanted to help her destroy them. Something that would make him - or his people - vulnerable in her hands. If he didn't provide her with something satisfactory, well, she could still cut his throat without blinking. "Then tell me how you think you can help me." She spit out the words like venom, her glare never leaving his face.

Chris Wade ; okay but, why should I believe you? ©
PMEmail
^
Chris Wade
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 05:20 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Kindergarten Teacher
Leader

81 posts

It seems impossible
for me to let this go
Something in his words stopped her, and he was so distracted by the relief washing through him that he hardly noticed the blood on his cheek as she pulled the knife away from him. He might not have spared himself or his people much time, but they were going to live a few seconds longer, and every second he distracted the Grounder was another second he was keeping his people safe. He stared up at her as she watched him, her head held high as if he were insignificant, as if his life didn't matter and she could end him in a second and never think twice about it. He was expecting her to lash out at him when he least expected it, but that wasn't what happened at all. She had a question first.

"Do you have information about Wanheda?"

Wanheda. She was not asking him. She was demanding he give her the information. Chris didn't recognize that word, though. It had only been two months since the Mountain Men had first traveled outside of the mountain, and he had yet to learn enough about the Grounders or the Arkers to understand their unusual lingo. Was Wanheda something that belonged to the Sky People? Was it a person? "W-Wanheda?" He hated the way he stuttered, but he had a sinking feeling that his ignorance would lead to his death, and he needed to stall her a bit longer. "I don't know, but . . . I can help you find it."

Her next words gave him hope that he would live, and he responded without hesitation, words rushing from his lips as he worked to preserve his own life and the lives of his people, "The Sky People have been helping us here in exchange for our belongings. They trust us. I can get their information for you, and I can figure out a way to take them down. After what they did to my people . . ." He trailed off, eyes downcast. He couldn't talk about that yet, but when he looked back up at the woman, he hoped she would find his resolve reflected in his eyes.

"I want to destroy them for what they did to us." He knew this Grounder shared similar feelings toward the mountain men for their deeds, but he hoped her anger toward the Sky People would overpower her will to kill him. "I swear, I can help you. I'm going to kill them. To make them pay for what they did." All he needed was a little help, and this Grounder might be perfect for the job.

For Echo
Because I am ruthless and get death threats in the cbox everyday.
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Mar 6 2017, 10:13 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

316 posts

He didn't know anything. Of course he didn't know anything - he was a useless Mountain Man. But he had almost made Echo believe he could actually be useful, that he might actually have information regarding Wanheda. Echo let her face show her disgust at his ignorance for a moment before she spat at him again, this time only narrowly missing his face to hit the floor beside him. "If you do not have information about Wanheda, you are useless." Her words were venom as they left her lips, a hiss of hatred and disgust. "I will give you one more chance to give me a reason why I should not kill you and every last person in this Mountain right now."

With renewed vigor, Echo pressed the knife once more into the soft flesh of the man's throat. One flick of her wrist and his blood would spill, his life would drain. And still it would not be the death he deserved: it would be too kind, too quick. This man deserved a long, painful death, full of anguish and begging for death that would not come. He deserved to be strung upside down, naked, and prodded with the point of a knife and left to bleed out. He deserved for each of his toes and fingers to be severed from his body slowly, painfully, the wounds left open and bleeding, a prod nearby to keep him awake the whole time. He deserved a brutal, vicious, and slow torturous death. Or worse, a life of slavery, watching as his people were killed, their screams echoing through the cells of Azgeda.

His words did little to convince her that she could trust him. But he was not a complete fool, and Echo listened to his words with disdain, knowing now that he could, in fact, be a useful pawn. Echo could use him, use his people, to fight Skaikru. Then once Skaikru was taken care of, it would be simple to destroy what remained of the Mountain Men.

With a cautious movement of her hand, Echo pulled her knife away from the man's throat and tucked it safely into the holster at her belt. "You still need to prove to me that I can trust your words, Mountain Man." The acid in her voice was more than a little obvious. Without being able to trust him, she wasn't going to release him. Not quite yet. That was a privilege he would have to earn, just has he had earned the privilege of his life. Echo kept her eyes focused on the man she had trapped beneath her. It was laughable that someone who looked so strong was, in reality, so weak. She began to second guess her decision to keep him alive already. "You tell me the code for the self-destruct. Then I will trust you."

Echo looked down her nose at him, waiting for a reaction, knowing it would come quickly. She did not expect he would agree to her demands, but if you never asked, you never got what you wanted.

Chris Wade ; okay but, why should I believe you? ©
PMEmail
^
Chris Wade
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 09:08 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Kindergarten Teacher
Leader

81 posts

It seems impossible
for me to let this go
Chris didn't know what this girl wanted from him (outside of his assistance in destroying every last one of his people). He had no idea who or what a Wanheda was, and if she would just clear that up for him, maybe he could help her find it. He had been inside of this mountain for his entire life. She couldn't blame him for not knowing what was going on outside, could she? (She could, he realized, and she could kill him for it as well. He was beginning to understand why people said knowledge was power.)

She removed the knife away from his neck at his desperate words. Despite her action, her voice was still harsh, and Chris found himself just as helpless as he was before. There was no way he could prove any of this to her. She would just have to trust him, which didn't seem likely after all his people had done to hers. At her next demand, his eyes widened. Was that it? She was trying to trick him into giving her the code that would destroy all of his people? He couldn't do that to them. He couldn't trust her not to wipe out Mount Weather altogether. But if he didn't . . . He would die with no way to defend his people at all.

"Please," he was begging, and he hated the way it sounded coming from his own lips. "I'll do anything else to prove it to you, just not that. I can't let you hurt them. They had nothing to do with what happened to your people." And it was true. It had been the president and Dr. Tsing mostly behind it all of those years. Everyone else knew, they just couldn't say anything. "Please."

For Echo
This is the best I could do with no Chris muse. Sorry D:
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 03:01 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

316 posts

It was cute, the way he seemed to think he had the ability to stop her at all. Echo had to use a lot of her self-control - of which she typically had very little - to keep herself from laughing in his face. Even if he didn't give her the self-destruct sequence, she would have no trouble tearing through the halls of the Mountain and bringing death with her like an old friend, riding in her wake.

"Can't let me? You can't even defend yourself. How do you intend to stop me." Her voice was bitter, sharp, her tongue a blade as eager to slice as her knife. Glaring down at him, her eyes still burned with hatred, with the rage of being pent up in a cage for months, with the fury of being hung upside down and drained of blood. How many of their lives had she saved? She hoped that any Mountain Man with her blood in their veins was dead now at the hands Skaikru. It had not been theirs to take.

But this had played out almost exactly as Echo had seen in her head. The Mountain Man refused to give her the codes, no surprise there. She was almost convinced that he would at least be loyal to her. His words, though, still brought a swell of rage to her chest. "Nothing to do with what happened to my people?" Echo was unable to contain the hatred in her voice. Pulling a fist back, she pushed it forward, cutting through the air until her knuckles connected with his face. It was still better than he deserved. "None of you are innocent. You all take our blood to save your own lives. You do nothing to stop it." She pressed her hand to his throat as she glared down at him with an unprecedented malice on her features.

"You want me to leave your people alone? Prove your strength. Prove your usefulness." She spat on his face once again, releasing her hold on this throat. "Help me find where Wanheda is. Bring me information of Skaikru. Kill their people, and I will let yours live for now." It was the only offer she was willing to give him, and even then, she was likely to take it all back if he couldn't prove his own strength and at least unpin himself from beneath her.

Echo looked down at the man pinned beneath her. Weak. Nothing more than a mere insect. It was pointless to bother with him, and why she was offering a deal rather than spilling his blood right here and now was beyond her. Something in her gut told her, though, that his assistance in taking down Skaikru would be somehow worthwhile. If only he could prove his worth.

Chris Wade - never apologize. you're always perf ©

PMEmail
^
Chris Wade
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 09:44 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Kindergarten Teacher
Leader

81 posts

It seems impossible
for me to let this go
Her words rang true no matter how much Chris despised them. He couldn't even protect himself. There was no way he was going to be able to save the others, not without killing her before she could get to them, and judging by his current predicament, that wasn't likely. He bit down on his tongue when her fist connected with his face, biting back the pain he felt. Why couldn't she understand that not all of them were the same? Why couldn't she see that while Cage and a few others were behind what had been done to the outsiders, there were many people who stayed out of it? There was no reason to blame them all.

Her hand was pressing onto his neck then, and he had a sinking feeling that his time was running out, especially if the hatred in her eyes was any indication of that. All he could do was stare up at her as she spat at him, her words sharper than a blade, her gaze cold and furious. She wanted him to kill the Sky People, help her find Wanheda (he was still at a loss for what that was), and give her information on Skaikru. He could do that. He was already seeking his own revenge on them, and if helping this girl kill every last one of them would be beneficial to his people, then he would do it.

"I'll do it," he promised, his voice confident despite the pain he still felt across his face. "I'll kill them, I'll give you any information I can, I swear." He didn't like the fact that she had only said she would let his people live "for now," but he would have to be okay with it. Still, she hadn't moved off of him, and he was beginning to grow concerned that she wasn't being honest about the whole sparing-his-life thing. He struggled beneath her, summoning whatever strength he could find to get out from under this woman, managing to push her off of him, but just barely. "Look, I'll help you. I'll kill them, just leave my people alone."

For Echo
You are<3
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 09:10 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

316 posts

All Echo needed was information. She didn't need him to kill Skaikru for her. Then again, it couldn't hurt anything to have him kill them either. And it couldn't hurt to have an ally in the Mountain, no matter how tenuous the agreement might be. Of course, she wouldn't tell Nia - Nia would never approve. Echo hardly approved of the plan herself, and she was the one forming it. There were more than a few risks involved, and it couldn't last, but once Azgeda had Wanheda, nothing else would matter anymore.

Once they had Wanheda's power, Echo would destroy what was left of the Mountain.

The man struggled beneath her, and Echo allowed him to push her away. She didn't remain on the floor for long, instead standing quickly. Peering down at the Mountain Man with disgust on her features and hatred burning in her eyes, she watched him. He was pathetic. But at least he seemed willing to cooperate.

Echo's lip quivered as she kept a sneer from curling it. "You have yet to actually prove your worth." She spit the words at him with contempt. "Or your loyalty." Her right hand moved to her belt, drawing a knife out with a quick motion as Chris got to his feet. "Hold out your palm." If he refused to make a blood oath, she would gladly drive the knife in her hand into the throat of the next Mountain Man she saw. She would make sure he got to watch them die. If he took the oath, they would have less problems. She would demand he ensure her safe passage out of the Mountain, and then tell him where to bring the information she wanted. Simple. So long as he complied.

Chris Wade - omg shhh noo you also sorry this is so short D: ©

PMEmail
^
Chris Wade
 Posted: May 7 2017, 08:46 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Kindergarten Teacher
Leader

81 posts

It seems impossible
for me to let this go
Chris had never understood what people meant when they said they had watched their lives flash before their eyes, but when the woman pulled the knife from her belt, he suddenly knew what they meant. It was as if everything he had ever done, every moment he had lived and every mistake he had made didn't matter anymore. What did any of it really mean when it came to death? It was coming for him whether he was naughty or nice, whether he had dozens of loved ones to leave behind or only Isadora, who would be forced to mourn the death of yet another person she loved.

He saw everything - his past, his family, his friends, his students; and the days that had led up to this, the sorrow, the destruction, the pain. No matter how much those moments had pained him, he realized that he would live any of them again just to live another day, to get to say goodbye to Izzy, to teach one more time. He braced himself for the knife, for the end of his life, but it never came.

Instead, the outsider demanded that he hold out his palm, and he stood, heart pounding in his chest as he watched her. He didn't know what to expect, what she planned to do, but he had no choice but to obey her. If he didn't, she could kill his people, and all of this would have been in vain. He extended his hand toward her slowly, eyes scanning hers for any sign of what she might be planning. "Wh-What are you doing?"

For Echo
Maybe a couple more posts and we can end it?
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: May 9 2017, 12:29 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

316 posts

Echo grabbed the Mountin Man's wrist roughly, holding his hand still as she slid the edge of the blade across his palm. After cutting his hand, she switched the blade to her opposite hand and cut similarly across her own palm. Blood seeped out from the cut, a small pool of crimson forming in her outstretched hand. Echo moved her eyes up, away from the blood on her hand, to focus on the face of the man standing before her. Without so much as a word of explanation, Echo reached out her cut hand and grasped the cut hand of the Mountain Man, pressing the wounds together as she clasped his hand tightly. "Oso tai choda op kom jus," she said with authority.

For a moment, she waited, staring at the man expectantly. When he didn't immediately repeat the words, her eyes narrowed slightly. "Repeat. The oath." There was no room for bargaining in her tone. Either he took the oath, or he died. It was up to him, but she had a feeling he would do as she asked. He was afraid to die - Echo could smell the fear on him. He reeked of it. Disgusting.

Once he had repeated the words back to her - to the best of his ability, which was kind of pathetic, really - Echo released his hand. She didn't move away, though. Rather, she leaned in close, her face tauntingly close to his own. "If you don't keep your oath, I will kill you." It wasn't a threat - it was a promise. "Right after you watch me kill the rest of your people." There was no softness in her voice, just genuine loathing for this Mountain Man and all of his people.

"Now." Echo straightened up to her full height as she eyed the Mountain Man. Allowing her eyes to drift away from his face, she nodded towards the doorway. "You will get me out of here safely."

Chris Wade - i assumed some actions on Chris's part, but let me know if you want me to change anything! ©
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Voting & Affiliates
RP Lovers The 100 Role Play 1SW Candyland Couture a resource community Up in Smoke PanemForever HOS Lochland Grove The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay So Devoid of Color The Arrow Justice League United UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ruinandrise OHaV Disposable Heroes ACTA Age of Heroes Forge Southern Winds Weyr