plot
application
who's who
face claims
plotting
development
wanted ads
0 days since a Chris Wade death threat
The year is 2150, the month is February. The winter is getting colder, and the Arkers are nowhere near prepared for the harsh winter, especially not now that their supply runs to Mount Weather have become completely nonexistent. Despite the lack of Arker presence in the mountain, the tensions have not died down, and with the return of one of Mount Weather's missing residents, revenge on the Sky People will be top priority. In Arkadia, following the damage Clarke and the others caused in Azgeda, Chancellor Griffin and the Guard must begin taking action to prepare for a war with the Ice Nation that is well on its way. Little do they know, the war has already begun with the arrival of a certain Azgedan spy, and what lies ahead is far worse than anything they have faced yet.
female
male
couple
thread
spotlight

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

pale moon, //Bellamy Blake, open?
Echo
 Posted: Oct 18 2017, 12:27 PM
I am slow to anger, but I toe the line
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

361 posts

Stars are only visible in darkness ,
Fear is ever-changing and evolving.
It had been a couple days at most since Echo had left the Trikru man behind. They'd made a deal. He was going to help her with whatever she needed; she wasn't going to kill him or the people closest to him. Maybe even help him find a way in if she could. First and foremost, though, was getting herself into the Skaikru village. Their walls were high and heavily guarded, Echo could see as much as from the treeline. In the dark, they would likely shoot without question at any approaching sound. Echo decided to wait until morning.

When the sun rose, Echo was up nearly immediately. Her body was sore, her face covered in wounds. She looked as though she had been tortured. Inhaling deeply, she pushed her way out from between the trees. With her hands held up over her head, her weapons stashed away, hidden, at the dropship, she approached the gates of the Skaikru village. "Please," she cried out, sounding terrified and broken, "please don't kill me." There was a desperation in her voice. Even if it was put there purposefully, it sounded real. Echo was good at lying. "Please... I.. I need to speak to Bellamy." As her voice lifted to the guards on duty, her voice cracked. Still, she kept her hands above her head, knowing that if she dropped them for even a second, she was going to die. It was a miracle that they hadn't shot her yet, really. Skaikru was far more sympathetic than any Grounder clan, though. It made them soft, weak.

Tripping on her own feet, Echo fell to the ground with a groan. The Trikru man - Deral - had served her well in helping her look - and feel - as though she had been tortured. Using one arm to push herself up until she managed to get to her knees, she sat there, looking afraid, as she eyed the guns pointing at her along the wall. One arm wrapped around her middle, her hand pressing to a wound on her side, the other moved back up, lifting over her head to show she still meant no harm."Please." The word was far too soft for anyone to actually hear, but she was pleading as best she could. If this didn't work, she'd have to find some other way in. She needed to get in; her life depended on it.

open, Bellamy Blake - hope this works??? ©
PMEmail
^
Bellamy Blake
 Posted: Oct 19 2017, 09:09 PM
Garden-variety heroic. You got it.
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Guardsman
Protective

1020 posts

The gates of Arkadia opened, the guards parting to make room for Bellamy to walk through. Hiding his limp as best he could, he walked outside the gate to see this Grounder that had supposedly been asking for him, not knowing whether it would be a messenger from Azgeda, that might mean imminent war for Arkadia, or one sent from Polis by either Clarke or his sister. When he saw who it was, his steps slowed suddenly as if there were some immovable object in his path. In one fluid motion, he drew the handgun from his thigh holster and pointed at Echo.

“What the hell are you doing here,” he asked, his grip tightening on the gun in his hand. Bellamy had expected his hand to shake, but it didn’t. There was a part of him that wanted to shoot her. To kill her. Afraid she'd come to finish the job. Echo had some nerve coming here and asking for him after everything she’d done. She couldn’t have even known that he was still alive, not with any certainty at least, until now. Maybe that was why she’d asked for him, to see if the Skaikru “leader” was still alive. If that was the case, then he had bad news for her. Not only was he alive; he was pissed. He kind of wanted to just shoot her and walk away. Wasn’t that what she deserved?

Bellamy had spent hours lying awake in medical wondering if she was even alive, wondering how he would feel the next time he saw her, and what he would do to her if he did. Now he wasn’t sure about anything. He wasn’t sure he was glad she was alive, or disappointed. When Echo had cauterized his wounds, she’d probably saved his life. She’d also kept him from freezing in that torture chamber, but he still had trouble convincing himself that any of that had been for his benefit, or if she’d just been trying to keep him alive longer so she could continue to make him suffer in her efforts to make him talk. Dead men couldn't tell you their secrets. Part of torture, was not letting a person die, even if they wanted to. Maybe the regret he’d seen in her eyes had been an act, or maybe he’d let himself see what he’d wanted to see. Bellamy didn’t trust his memories from that dungeon; they were all so clouded by pain and the fear of dying.

His jaw clenched the longer he looked at her, seeing the blood and the bruises. She looked like she’d been through hell and back, maybe not quite the hell she had sent him to, but hell nonetheless. No, he told himself. He wouldn’t sympathize with her. He couldn’t. Not after what she’d done to him. Echo deserved whatever had happened to her. Bellamy didn't care. How could he after everything she'd done to him?

Tag Echo / Any
▲▲▲
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Oct 21 2017, 08:58 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

361 posts

As the gates began to open, Echo could feel her heart pounding in her chest. It felt almost like it was in her throat, though, and the blood was rushing in her ears. This was the moment of truth, so to speak. Either Bellamy came through the gate, or someone else did. One way, she actually stood a chance. A breath of relief slipped out at the sight of him. It was Bellamy. He was alive. "Bellamy...," her voice seemed weak, but there was a hint of hope. After just a fraction of a second, though, that hope flickered out. Bellamy was pointing his gun at her.

Echo knew this was a long shot, but she still had to try. Either she died here, or she died at the hands of Nia, banished from Azgeda. She felt as though she preferred the former - there was at least a shred of dignity tied to dying at the hands of Skaikru. "Please," she begged, her voice just loud enough to carry to Bellamy's ears, "I need help." It was mostly a lie. She did need Skaikru's help to keep her position within Azgeda, but not in the way she was implying - she needed their heads, their information. Slowly, carefully, Echo lifted her hand away from her injured side, raising it above her head with the other one. Other than that, she didn't dare move; Echo remained on her knees, letting Bellamy and the others feel like they were the ones in power - and really, they were, they could kill her at any moment.

"The queen, she-" she cut herself off, wincing in pain - both physical and emotional. "She tortured me. I barely managed to escape with my life." The words coming from her lips had a pleading sound to them, begging him to listen, to believe her, to help her. "I think I'm being followed...hunted. She thinks... She thinks I helped you escape." As she explained, her voice cracked, sounding almost as if she were coming close to tears. "Please... Help me. Let me help you in return." Echo knew that what she had done to Bellamy in Azgeda had nearly killed him - she thought it had, this had been her hail Mary, so to speak - but she hoped whatever bond they'd shared from being in Mount Weather's cages together was strong enough for him to believe her now.

open, Bellamy Blake - sorry i tortured you? ©
PMEmail
^
Bellamy Blake
 Posted: Oct 31 2017, 09:55 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Guardsman
Protective

1020 posts

Even though he was in the position of power, there was still a part of him that was afraid; he looked into her eyes and remembered the fear of dying. He could almost smell the dungeon again, the metallic scent of blood, his own seared flesh, the burning torch. “How did you escape,” he asked, distrust evident in his tone. As beaten and pathetic as she looked, he still didn’t know if he could trust her. After everything that had happened, why would she come to Arkadia for asylum? Did she really expect him to believe that he was the closest thing she had to a friend? “So this is how you prove your loyalty to Azgeda, by crawling to your enemy,” he asked, because that was what she was: his enemy, despite her injuries and the fragile quality to her voice.

There was a glimmer of sympathy on his face as he stared down at her, the gun lowering slightly as his resolve weakened. She looked about ready to collapse on the ground. What if what she was telling him was true? What if what had happened to her was their fault? He’d been afraid she might’ve died during their escape, but he’d never once considered the potential consequences to her if she’d survived, and if Nia was truly as ruthless as everyone said she was, maybe Echo was telling the truth.

He’d once believed that she truly hadn’t wanted to hurt him in that dungeon, that she was only torturing him out of loyalty to her people and fear of Queen Nia. If he hadn’t come so close to death, he probably would have still believed that. But now, he wasn’t sure what he believed. The more time went by, the more the his nightmares seemed to overlap with his memories, until he began to doubt everything, including the bond they’d shared from Mount Weather. The important thing he had to ask himself, was if he could really just turn her away, like her life meant nothing to him. Maybe that would have been what she’d deserved, but Bellamy hoped he was better than that.

Bellamy glanced back over his shoulder to make sure the guards were still covering him. Reluctantly, he lowered his gun and put it away, trading it for the handcuffs off his belt and slowly moved closer to her, before leaning over to cinch the cuffs around her wrists, relaxing a little once her hands were bound. Hooking his hand underneath her arm, Bellamy helped Echo back to her feet, his eyes refusing to meet hers as he did. He helped her a step towards Arkadia and then stopped, looking at her for a moment as he considered some. Whether or not she truly wanted to help them, he couldn’t forget that her was Azgeda. Bellamy grabbed at her tattered clothing and tore away a long piece of cloth, which he tied around her eyes to blindfold her. “You’re okay,” he assured her. Bellamy grabbed her arm again, supporting her as he walked her into camp, heading directly towards lockup.

“Two of you, on me,” he ordered as they passed through the gate. Bellamy’s jaw clenched, trying to mask how much he was pushing his own physical abilities to help Echo inside, like he wanted to prove to her how strong he was in spite of everything she’d done to him.

Tag Echo / Any
▲▲▲
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Nov 1 2017, 09:26 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

361 posts

Bellamy didn't trust her. He had no reason to, and it shouldn't have been a surprise. Echo had hoped, though, that he might. It was too much to ask for, and she knew that - for him to be alive and to trust her. "I..I fought. I fought my way out. They thought I was unconscious," she tried to explain, hoping it didn't sound too far-fetched. "And when they unchained me, I...I killed them." She seemed to choke on the words, almost as if it pained her to say as much. Swallowing hard, she lifted her chin, trying to look as confident as she could covered in wounds, on her knees. "Then I ran." Echo's voice cracked, her jaw quivered for a moment, and then she clenched it tight, inhaling deeply through her nose.

The words stung. Echo let her chin drop, her eyes falling to the ground. "Bellamy, please," she started, her voice close to a whimper. As she dragged her gaze up to his face, she winced, grabbing tighter at her wounded side. "They wanted me dead. I'm worthless to Azgeda," she pleaded, her voice wavering with the sound of emotion. "You...you saved my life." Even if she hadn't been beaten and tortured by her own people, the words still rang mostly true. After all the mistakes she'd made, it was a miracle that she was still alive. Even as part of the royal guard, she was nothing to Nia - just another body that could be disposed of easily. Bellamy had risked his life for her, for all of the Grounders held captive in The Mountain, though. Nia never would have done that for anyone. Not even her natblida. "I...don't want to feel worthless anymore," she whispered, the sound just loud enough to reach Bellamy's ears, her eyes falling to the ground in front of her once again.

When she lifted her eyes again, Bellamy was lowering the gun. A real spark of hope ignited in her chest as she watched him. The hope mingled with fear as he moved closer to her. Maybe this was going to be how he got back at her for torturing him - look like he wasn't going to hurt her, then shoot her with his gun. She probably deserved it for all she'd done to him. He likely wouldn't believe it, but she had tried to keep him alive - and not just so she could draw more answers from him. Bellamy reached for her wrists, and for a moment, she hesitated. Finally, she let him bind her wrists, her hand coming away from her side with smears of blood on her palm. It was a deep wound, one that wouldn't close on its own, she'd made sure of that.

Echo inhaled sharply, clearly in pain, as Bellamy helped her to her feet. The slightest wince showed on her face as she tried to hide it. It was not last on her that he wouldn't look her in the eye. Perhaps he was going to torture her as she'd done to him. Echo dropped her gaze to her feet, watching as Bellamy stepped forward. She followed. It was only one step, and then they stopped. Echo's head came up sharply, fear in her eyes as she stared at the man in front of her. So this was where she died.

Clenching her jaw, Echo waited for death. At least it would be more honorable than being killed by Nia, disgraced and worthless. At least she would die a warrior. Then Bellamy was tearing off a strip of cloth from her clothing, and she swallowed the lump in her throat, daring to hope this wasn't the end. Her body remained stiff as her eyes followed his movements until they couldn't anymore, the world darkening as her eyes were covered. He was smart; perhaps that was why he was their leader. His voice was close, and Echo only nodded in response. She stayed still as stone until she felt someone grab her arm and urge her forward. She followed, blind. She had only been able to see so much from the outside of the wall, and she'd been hoping she'd be able to learn more once she'd passed it. Bellamy was too clever for that, though. Echo would have to hope she could still learn something about their village once she was in their prison.

"Are you going to kill me," she asked, her voice sounding uncertain. Maybe asking would be the reason he killed her. Echo was afraid of death - she never had been before The Mountain. She walked a little unsteadily, unable to see the world around her and injured, she felt like she could trip at any moment. The hand on her arm was a blessing.

open, Bellamy Blake - sorry i tortured you? ©

PMEmail
^
Bellamy Blake
 Posted: Nov 2 2017, 05:47 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Guardsman
Protective

1020 posts

Seeing her on her knees looking so beaten and helpless made him uncomfortable, perhaps because it reminded him too much of how she’d look in the cage. If felt like a lifetime ago, and just yesterday at the same time. He wanted to tell her that she wasn’t worthless, but he couldn’t comfort her. Not after what she’d done to him. Speaking to her at all was impossibly hard, and there was a part of him that just wanted to throw her in lockup and leave her there to be someone else’s problem. Kane would want to take care of it for him if he asked him, or if he explained who she was, but Bellamy wasn’t in the habit of letting other people take care of his problems. Whether he liked it or not, Echo was his responsibility.

“No,” he answered quickly, sounding almost surprised at her question. If she hadn’t been injured already, he probably would have shot her, but even after everything she’d done to him, he wasn’t sure he could kill her, especially not when she was begging for his help like she was. Bellamy may not have trusted her, but he wasn’t convinced that meant she deserved to die. Bellamy wasn’t in any position to judge other people, not after the things he’d done.

Bellamy glanced at her worriedly as she winced in pain, trying to be gentle and careful as he helped her walk into Alpha station, down the corridor towards lockup. They slowly made their way down the hall in silence, Bellamy becoming lost in his own thoughts, trusting the two guards behind him to keep him safe should Echo try anything. It was a relief when the bars from the holding cell finally came into view. His leg complaining a little louder with every step as he tried to take more of her weight than he should have.

“Get Abby,” he told the guard as they crossed the threshold in the holding cell. He led her over to a column near the center of the small room and attached her cuffs to it, then he finally lifted the blindfold off of her eyes. Bellamy stood in front of her, giving her a moment to take in her new surroundings, not that it was much to look at: just bars and metal. Slowly, he reached his hand toward the wound on her side to peel back her clothing and see how bad it was. Grimacing as the size of the blood stain, he pressed his palm against it. He should have let her bleed the way she’d let him, or better yet, he should have dug his fingers into her wound, just like she’d done to his. Frankly, it surprised him how little he wanted to hurt her.

“You should sit,” he said, grabbing her arm again to help Echo to the floor. “I sent for our healer,” he said, giving her a partial truth. Bellamy wasn’t comfortable telling her that their healer and leader were one and the same. Pressing the heel of his hand against her wound again, he waited, still wondering why he should even care if she lived or died. “You said you were going to help us,” he asked, his eyes meeting hers, curious about what she was willing to offer.

Tag Echo / Any
▲▲▲
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 05:23 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

361 posts

Bellamy should have killed her already. He was too kind. Echo was lying to his face, working her way into his village to spy on his people for her queen, for her own life. She was a loyal member of Azgeda, always doing what was best for her people. Bellamy would understand. At least, she hoped he would. Maybe the queen would die before the army even reached Arkadia, then Echo wouldn't necessarily be caught in her lie. All things considered, she liked Bellamy. She didn't actually want him to hate her, no matter how much it probably seemed like she did. Still, it surprised her to hear Bellamy say he wasn't going to kill her. Something she didn't recognize swirled in her chest and in the pit of her stomach. Whatever it was, she didn't like it.

Blind, Echo allowed herself to be led into the Skaikru village. Her eyes may have been covered, but that didn't mean she wasn't doing everything she could to gather information. She listened to the murmurs of the people they passed, she felt the ground under her feet. The change was sharp, and she stumbled, when they moved from outside to inside. The air was warmer, still. The walls were metal, that she had already known, but now she could hear in the way their footsteps resounded in the corridors. She guessed it was perhaps five feet across, but without looking, she couldn't know for certain. Still, most of this was useless information to her.

Echo couldn't help but to wonder who "Abi" was as they came to a stop. There was some more tugging at her wrists before the blindfold was removed. First things first, she looked at her hands. They were, of course, still bound, but now, she was tied to a column in the center of the room. Her eyes moved up along it, then down. Finally, she turned her gaze on the room around her. It was a prison of sorts, that much she could see. It did not look as though it had always been as such. What it might have been before, though, Echo had no idea. Perhaps what Bellamy meant was that he wasn't going to kill her himself; perhaps this Abi was the executioner. Echo turned her gaze to Bellamy finally, finding almost nothing of import within this small prison, nothing that would help her save her own life when it came to Queen Nia. Her eyes didn't move from his face as he pulled the fabric away from the wound in her side. She tried to hide the way she flinched, but she couldn't. Even if her wounds had been incurred just for show, they still hurt.

As Bellamy pressed his palm against her side, Echo grunted with pain. She closed her eyes, squeezing them shut tight, as she inhaled deeply through her nose. He suggested sitting, and Echo nodded in response. Her body shifted slightly, her back leaning as much of her weight as she could manage against the column she was bound to. Slowly, she sank to the floor, her eyes returning to Bellamy's face. He was still far too kind. "Thank you," she muttered, her voice sounding thin. She grunted again when his palm applied force to her side, still wondering why he cared if she lived or died after all she'd done to him.

"Yes," she agreed, she was going to help them. "If I live, I will... I will help you." She groaned again, her voice sounding further and further away. Echo hoped the Skaikru healer would hurry up. "I'll...help... against... against Azgeda."

open, Bellamy Blake, Abby Griffin? - yes hello ©
PMEmail
^
Bellamy Blake
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 08:29 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Guardsman
Protective

1020 posts

Bellamy’s jaw clenched as she thanked him, wishing she wouldn’t. He could easily tell the rest of Arkadia that they had one of the guards who’d let Skaikru prisoners die in Azgeda. She’d probably be dead by morning if he did. “I don’t want to hurt you any more than you wanted to hurt me,” he said, an odd statement considering he still held serious doubts that she cared about him at all.

Grounders didn’t seem to worry much about honoring their debts or their promises. So long as they survived, who died in their place didn’t seem important to them, so why should he believe that Echo was any different? That didn’t mean he wouldn’t hurt her, but for right now, they needed to get her patched up enough that she might actually be useful to them, and the way she was looking right now, he was just glad she’d managed to sit before she collapsed. Fortunately for her, a Skaikru prison was much more hospitable than the ones she was used to.

“You’ll live,” he assured her, albeit it a bit begrudgingly. “She’s treated worse,” he remarked, looking pointedly at her, mostly speaking in reference to himself, to what she'd done to him, wondering if she realized how close she'd come to killing him, and if she even cared. Otherwise, he was still having trouble looking at her, instead, trying to keep his mind focused on his hands applying pressure to her wound, and nothing else. Of course, talking to her made that almost impossible.

“How,” he asked. Bellamy wanted more than just empty promises. “Are they coming for Wanheda,” he asked. His hands pressed a little harder against her side, and he wasn’t sure if it was because he was trying to help, or hurt her. He told himself that he was only keeping her alive for what she knew, but he wasn’t sure that was true. A part of him hated her for what she’d done to him, for what she was still doing to him. Bellamy couldn’t even do his job, let alone fight a war. Clarke and Octavia were out there by themselves when he should’ve been with them. He’d blamed himself for being weak, for not healing fast enough, but there was actually someone deserving of that blame, the real reason why he was too injured to go with them, and she was right here.

Gradually, he took his hands away from her side. The bleeding seemed to have at least slowed, and he ties her former blindfold around it just in case it hadn't stopped completely. Wiping the blood from his hands onto his pants, he got up and moved away from her, speaking quietly to the guard on her door. They passed him a second pair of restraints for her ankles, and sent someone off to go get her some water.

Turning back to look at her again, he paused for a moment before approaching her with the second pair of restraints. She was injured and bound; he should’ve felt powerful, he should’ve felt like he was in control, but he didn’t. Every time he moved, he could feel the evidence of what she’d done to him; seeing her there, looking back at him, only served to reenforce the memory of it. With some difficulty, he kneeled in front of her, his injured leg making it a bit of a challenge. He slipped one side of the restraints around her ankle, glancing at her uncertainly, to make sure she wouldn't resist. Bellamy wasn’t taking any chances with her, especially not once Abby got here. Whether or not he wanted to help her, he definitely didn’t trust her.

Tag Echo / Abby Griffin? if you wanna
▲▲▲
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 05:26 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

361 posts

At Bellamy's words, Echo looked down. This time, she wasn't acting. The look on her face, the regret that scrunched her brow together, it was all real. "I'm sorry for that." The tone of her words was genuine because she really meant it, and it was probably the first completely honest thing she had said to Bellamy since she had arrived at the gates of Arkadia. She wanted him to understand that she was just doing what she thought was best for her people, that she had honestly thought Bellamy might talk to her because of their history. Well, she had hoped. Instead, she had gotten nothing from him, and in return, she had almost killed him - in fact, she had though she had, and it had made her stomach churn with regret.

Echo found herself looking up at Bellamy's face. He couldn't promise something like that. The healer hadn't even bothered to show up yet. Maybe it was a lie to get her to talk, to give them the information they were hoping for without needing to waste resources on her. Then they would just let her die here in their prison. It was something Nia would have done without a second thought. Before Mount Weather, Echo wouldn't have given it a second thought, either. Being in The Mountain had changed her, but not nearly as much as having her life given back to her thanks to Skaikru. That was something she would never be able to forget, a debt she would likely always owe. Especially considering what she had done to Bellamy in Azgeda. Perhaps their healer had treated worse - Echo had inflicted worse - but that didn't mean she would come. Echo knew she had inflicted worse even on Bellamy. The fact that he wasn't dead said a lot about Skaikru's healer. Her eyes drifted shamefully away from Bellamy's face once more.

Bellamy's question was not unexpected. Echo had only just lifted her gaze to his face once more when he pressed on the wound in her side. She grunted in pain, her face contorting. "Of course The Queen wants Wanheda. She'll stop at nothing until she has her powers," Echo forced out through gritted teeth, her jaw clenched with the pain of the wound in her side. She couldn't tell if he was just trying to stop the bleeding or if he wanted to hurt her the way she'd hurt him. "She'll kill anyone who stands in her way." The words were breathless, pain seeping into her tone. There was a lot she could tell him without actually giving anything away. It was a matter of feeding him the information slowly enough that it would make next to no difference. After all, she was still Azgeda, but only just. If she wanted to remain unbanished, then she would have to have a hand in the destruction of Skaikru and the death of Wanheda. She had no other choice.

As he took his hands away from her wound, Echo's whole body slumped, her head bowing as she exhaled harshly. She had prepared for this, but that didn't make it any easier to bear. Her eyes followed the motions of his hands as he tied fabric around her body, even though the flow of blood had already slowed significantly. When he turned away from her, she thought for sure he was leaving her here. Moments later, though, he was returning. She pulled her head up to look at him as he knelt by her feet. With a frown, she watched him put a restraint around her ankle. "I don't think I'll be going anywhere," she pointed out, sure the ankle restraints weren't necessary, but she didn't fight him. Even if she'd wanted to kick him away, she wasn't sure she was actually strong enough to do so in that moment.

open, Bellamy Blake, Abby Griffin? - yes hello ©

PMEmail
^
Abby Griffin
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 10:11 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
40 years old
Chancellor & Doctor

61 posts

The fact that medical was the emptiest it had been since the group had returned from Azgeda should have meant Abby had a moment to relax, but she’d realized it was far from being the truth. On top of the near constant worry over how Clarke was doing and whether she’d had any success in dealing with Lexa, there were the preparations for their inevitable war with Ice Nation. She and Jackson had gathered all the supplies that they could and she’d offered as much to Marcus’s battle plans as she was able; she hadn’t felt this spread thin since the dying days of the Ark and even then she wasn’t sure it had been this bad. At least the only enemy she’d known she was fighting at that time had been the dwindling oxygen supply, but now there were very real enemies who were trying desperately to wipe them out.

Nothing had prepared her for this reality.

Footsteps pounded down the hallway outside medical, and Abby’s gaze shot to the door as a red-faced guard with wild, wide eyes leaned against the frame and heaved in a breath. “Grounder. Bellamy. Bringing to. Lockup. Need doctor.” It didn’t matter what Abby couldn’t necessarily decipher the entirety of the message the man was trying to relay because the basics were more than enough to set her in motion. Stuffing bandages, alcohol, and a suture kit into the first bag that she could reach, Abby called out to Jackson to let him know he was on his own for a while before taking off down in the direction of lockup, unsure of what she’d find when she got there.

No matter what she might have expected, a bound and bleeding woman certainly wouldn’t have been at the top of the list. While Abby couldn’t say that she thought Bellamy (or any of the kids, really) always had the best judgement, there was little in her mind that doubted he had a very good reason for reacting to this woman the way that he had, especially given the threat that Azgeda posed.

Kneeling next to the woman, Abby pulled gloves out of the bag that still hung loosely on her shoulder and snapped them on, eyeing the spot where a scrap of fabric had been tied. She had no doubt that the wound beneath it would be a deep one; she only hoped that she could avoid stitches because they were desperately low on painkillers and the fewer she needed to use, the better it would be. Who knew how many they’d need if they soon found themselves under attack?

”What happened here?” Abby asked the room in general, hoping that the sinking feeling in her stomach that said Bellamy might be the cause of this was wrong.

tag: Bellamy Blake, Echo || notes: omfg sorry this took forever

PM
^
Bellamy Blake
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 09:25 AM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Guardsman
Protective

1020 posts

Bellamy studied her face carefully as she apologized, uncertain if he believed her. His face was hard and difficult to read. He let his gaze drift away from her, looking down at the blood on her hands. The fact that it was her own this time didn’t bring him as much comfort as he though it would.

It didn’t go unnoticed that Echo hadn’t exactly answered his question. The answer seemed to imply that Azgeda would come for Clarke, but as far as if they were on their way right now, or anytime soon, that much remained uncertain. Her words didn’t scare him, even though they probably should have. They weren’t going to let Nia have Clarke, not ever. “Or die trying,” he remarked, threateningly, regretting that he’d never had the opportunity to kill the Queen himself. Maybe he should’ve told them he was Skaikru’s leader, tried to get an audience with her so he could’ve ended this once and for all, even if there was a high probability it would’ve gotten him killed in the process. Bellamy found he took no pleasure in watching the pain he’d brought to Echo's face when he pressed on her wound, wanting to let up on the pressure even though he knew he shouldn’t.

“You’re going to have to forgive me if I don’t exactly trust you,” he said. Weakened or not, there was no way he was going to let Clarke’s mother, the Chancellor, anywhere near Echo without taking every precaution. It was the only reason why he was forcing himself to stay in this cell with her when he desperately wanted to leave. He wouldn’t let himself do that until Abby was done.

With the restraints in place, Bellamy stood again, trying to hide the amount of effort it took him to get up and down off the floor with his still-healing leg, the memory of how Echo’s thumb had felt digging into the muscle a little too fresh in his mind. He walked over to the door, where one of the other guards had brought the water he’d requested, and took the cup, carrying it over to Echo, he handed it to her just as the Chancellor appeared on the other side of the door. The let her through, a second guard following her inside the cell and standing by the door as an added security precaution, ready to keep the Chancellor safe should anything go wrong.

“Azgeda did this to her because Skaikru escaped on her watch,” he explained, looking at Echo, still questioning how much he believed her story. Bellamy remained standing just over Echo’s shoulder, keeping a close eye on her in case she tried anything. “She says she wants to help us,” he explained, the doubt still evident in his voice.

Tag Echo
▲▲▲
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 02:11 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

361 posts

Echo's eyes moved to Bellamy's face immediately as he spoke. She pulled on the restraints around her wrists despite the pain it caused her. "Bellamy, no." There was a warning to her tone, almost as if she were afraid. For him, not herself. "When Nia comes for Wanheda, you can't stand in the way - she'll kill you." It was less of a warning and more of a plea. Echo, no matter how loyal she was to her clan, didn't want to see Bellamy die. She couldn't; she owed him her life. If she could save him, then she would. Maybe she was here as a spy to gather information for her queen and keep herself from being banished, but that didn't mean she didn't have her own goals, too. Her eyes searched his face, looking for a bluff, hoping she would see one. She didn't. It worried her more than she cared to admit. Echo wished she didn't care about any of them, that she could kill them all without blinking and regain her place as one of Nia's most trusted warriors, her spy, part of her royal guard. But she cared. About Bellamy, and he cared about so many others.

Scoffing, she leaned into the beam she was tethered to. Even if it had been all for show, she was still in real pain, she was still actually bleeding. Of course she couldn't blame him for not trusting her; she'd nearly killed him. As she rolled her gaze back in his direction, he stood. Echo could see the stiffness in his movements. It still hurt him, and that was her fault. Her stomach turned sickeningly and she looked away. She couldn't quite bring herself to actually look at him when he approached her again, this time with a cup of water. She took it graciously, muttering a near-silent, "thank you," as she lifted it to her lips. As the water passed her lips, someone else showed up at the door. Echo could only assume it was their healer. Why this woman should be escorted into the prison by another guard, though, gave Echo pause. Perhaps she was more important than just a healer. Echo lowered the cup, her dark eyes moving suspiciously over the new person as she approached.

With the woman's presence, Echo felt her body tensing. She trusted Bellamy, but no others. The way she looked at the healer made as much apparent. She didn't respond to the woman's question. Luckily, Bellamy responded for her, explaining. Her eyes moved to his as he spoke. He moved out of her line of sight, and she slowly let her gaze return to the woman at her side. "I do want to help," she insisted through gritted teeth, the doubt in Bellamy's tone not going unnoticed. "Without my help, Azgeda will destroy your village. Your people will be slaughtered," she pressed, trying to stress how much they needed her. "They were preparing the army for war when I escaped." As the words left her lips, she turned her head in Bellamy's direction, though she didn't look at him. "Nia is ruthless and power-hungry. She'll stop at nothing to get what she wants."

open, Bellamy Blake, Abby Griffin - yes hello ©

PMEmail
^
Abby Griffin
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 08:05 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
40 years old
Chancellor & Doctor

61 posts

At Bellamy’s words, Abby could feel her stomach sink. There hadn’t been any real doubt in her mind that the attack from Azgeda was coming eventually, but genuine confirmation from one of their warriors finally drove home the knowledge that they were in very, overwhelmingly real danger. If Clarke didn’t manage to convince Lexa to help, or if the Commander took too long deliberating, when her daughter returned there might be nothing left of Arkada but a hollowed out shell. Keeping her expression neutral, Abby lowered her bag to the floor beside her and reached inside to pull out the pair of latex gloves she’d shoved inside.

”How are you going to help us?” Abby inquired, forcing herself not to react to anything her patient had said by focusing on bringing out the rest of her supplies and resting each item on top of the bag. Their lockup wasn’t the worst she’d ever seen - that honor went entirely to the room in Mount Weather where she had almost died - but it certainly wasn’t as sanitary as their med bay was. A part of her wished she could bring the woman there to deal with her wounds, but she had to think more like a leader than a doctor in her current situation. She couldn’t jeopardize the safety of their community to help a woman who had very likely participated in the event that had almost cost her the lives of several people she cared about. She had to assume, at any rate, that the woman had been involved if this was the punishment she had received for their escape.

With everything easily accessible, Abby finally pulled the pair of gloves on and nodded towards the injured spot on the woman’s side. ”I need to remove that. It’s probably going to hurt, but please try to stay still.” Carefully unwinding the makeshift bandage, Abby’s gaze traveled methodically over the bloody gash that was carved into the woman’s left side. Turning back to one of the guards, she asked for clean water and cloths to be brought in, hoping it wouldn’t take them too long.

tag: Bellamy Blake || notes: --

PM
^
Bellamy Blake
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 06:18 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
23 years old
Guardsman
Protective

1020 posts

Echo didn’t understand, and Bellamy wasn’t going to explain it to her. He simply shook his head. “Not if I kill her first,” he retorted. Bellamy doubted Nia would be anywhere near the front lines; she seemed like the type who liked to rule from a safe distance, but the sentiment was real. If he ever got the opportunity to kill her, he wouldn't hesitate. If what Echo said was true, and in this instance, he believed it was, Clarke wouldn’t be safe until the Ice queen was dead. As Echo thanked him for the water, he looked away from her, swallowing the lump in his throat as he stared at the floor, ignoring her words. It was a relief when Abby finally arrived and they were no longer alone in the cell together.

“Let them try,” he said, the confidence in his voice as strong as ever. “How long until the army’s prepared,” he asked, interjecting. It meant the army was at least a day away, assuming Echo was telling the truth. Azgeda may have been the most fearsome Grounder army in the twelve clans, but they would be just as unprepared for a war with the Sky people as they were to face Azgeda. This wouldn’t be like fighting Trikru outside the Dropship. This time they had a defensible position, steel barricades, trained guardsmen carrying rifles. They would kill hundreds of Azgeda warriors before they could even reach the gate. It would be a bloodbath. His eyes expectantly fell on Echo as he waited eagerly for her answer to Abby’s question.

Despite her consistent assurances, Echo still hadn’t said anything helpful, and he wondered how long she thought they would let her go on like this: assuring help, but never giving any. He was desperate for answers, not that he was sure he’d even trust anything that came out of her mouth. Still, Bellamy was trying not to be too hard on her. She looked so weak and scared, so different from the girl in Azgeda, so like the one in Mount Weather, and he wouldn’t lose patience with her just yet.

Bellamy watched Abby work, keeping a wary eye on Echo, willing the doctor to work faster. The sooner they got her taken care of, the sooner he could leave this room, the sooner he could put some much needed distance between himself and the woman who’d almost killed him. He could only pray that the Chancellor wouldn’t want to discuss it immediately, but he probably wouldn’t be that lucky. If only Clarke could have been here, she would’ve known exactly what to do. Unfortunately, the radio on his hip had been silent all day.

Tag Echo
▲▲▲
PM
^
Echo
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 02:42 PM
application
shipper
wanted
development
24 years old
royal guard/warrior
confident

361 posts

Bellamy didn't understand, and Echo wasn't going to explain it to him. She shook her head once, letting out a soft breath of annoyance. Bellamy would never reach Nia; he'd be dead long before he ever even laid eyes on her. Echo had no doubt in that. The queen was ruthless and wise. Even if she no longer did much of her own fighting, there was no doubt that she could hold her own in combat. Azgeda would never have followed her otherwise. Bellamy was being childish, reckless. If he went after the queen, Echo couldn't protect him.

Echo couldn't ignore the tenacity in Bellamy's voice. It wasn't the first time she'd heard it, and she doubted it would be the last. He was a fighter, but right now he was just being stupid. Azgeda was a dangerous foe; he couldn't win against all of them. "That depends," she stated, pushing her own confidence forward, sounding haughty at best. "It could be one day, it could be five. Chances are they've sent a scout to watch your camp, to gather information and relay it back to the queen." There was no lie in her voice considering it was the truth. Echo just left out the part where she was the scout, the spy. "I would guess you have at least three days before they begin their march." They were sharpening weapons, reinforcing what armor they had, gathering rations and supplies. It wouldn't be long now before they were all ready, that was true. Echo couldn't guarantee they were waiting for word from her, though. For all she knew, they were already marching, already on their way, and they would kill her along with Skaikru.

The woman questioned her, and Echo pulled her gaze to the woman's face, glaring. Who was their healer to question her in such a way? There was obvious disdain on her features as she judged the woman. No healer would have the position to ask such questions. It made Echo wonder if, perhaps, there was more to this woman than they were telling her. Turning her head slightly, she tried to look up at Bellamy, but he was still standing near her shoulder, and the way her arms were bound, she couldn't look at him. She wanted to see his face, to see if he was giving anything away. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she looked back at the woman. Something about her gave off the impression, now that Echo was really looking, that she was important.

Finally, Echo responded to the healer's question, "I have information. I know their battle tactics, strategies. I know where they are vulnerable. I know their weaknesses." She wasn't about to give them everything, though. Not now, and certainly not all at once. She would string them along without any real information for as long as she could. Then she could lie. They wouldn't realize it wasn't the truth until she was long gone. If they lived to realize it, anyways. Her eyes locked with the healer's. Had she not been so wounded, she might have offered to train their people - though, she didn't expect it would go very well, anyway. "I will help you," she reminded them, sounding certain in her conviction. "But you must help me." Her voice sounded far weaker now, as if she'd just remembered her wounds, the pain they were causing her.

It seemed to have taken forever, but the healer was finally doing her job. Echo rolled her eyes at the woman's words; they were naive at best. Echo had been hurt far worse. "Ai nou fir laudnes in," she spat weakly at the woman as she undressed the messy wound. Aside from her breathing, slow measured breaths, Echo didn't move. She didn't even wince. Yes, there was a lot of pain shooting through her body, but it was still nothing compared to being drained of her own blood to benefit the Mountain Men.

open, Bellamy Blake, Abby Griffin - yes hello ©
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Voting & Affiliates
RP Lovers 1SW Candyland Couture a resource community Up in Smoke PanemForever HOS Lochland Grove The Pride Lands' Guard: A Lion Guard Roleplay The Arrow UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED ruinandrise OHaV Disposable Heroes ACTA Age of Heroes Forge Southern Winds Weyr